Narrow gauge Plymouths for sale

  • Michael Lumert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2004
      Guys,

      I was reading the Narrow Gauge Discussion Group this morning and found the following post:

      NG Plymouths at auction *LINK*
      Posted By: Dan Robirds
      Date: Thursday, 23 September 2004, at 10:00 p.m.
      2 each 15 ton 36" Plymouth diesel (hyrdrostatic?)built 1987
      no cab - mine type
      located at 1886 Farm Rd. Amargosa, NV
      To be auctioned Sept 30 - $200 minimum bid - Online bidding allowed if registered
      http://www.dovebid.com/search/searchresults.asp?Query=locomotive&EventID=2642&EventList=2642

      The original URL if you are interested:

      http://www.ngdiscussion.net/cgi-bin/NGDFcook.pl?noframes;read=48306

      I checked Expedia Maps and these seem to be sitting right across the street from Longstreets.
      Does anyone know what they were used for? Is there an active 3' gauge line somewhere nearby?
      They were built in 1987, so they aren't that old.

      Cheers,
      Michael

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail