NC#2 photo up-loaded

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2004
      Hi,

      I just placed a scan of a photo of NC 2-6-0 #2 under photos at the Yahoo
      home of this email group. I recently obtained it on ebay. The original
      is a small photo, 4-1/4" x 2-3/8". The caption on the back gives some
      information about the engine and then states, "Still in service in
      1931." And then there is a stamp or signature of W. K.(?) Butler.

      The engine went to Ward Kimbal in 1938 and is now at Orange Empire Ry
      Museum.

      Brian Norden
    • Dave Eggleston
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2004
        Brian--

        Thanks for sharing, it's a lovely picture. Quite
        amazing to see one of the engines looking this good by
        that late date.

        The image is looking southwest from the Battle
        Mountain station: the engine is sitting on the main
        adjacent the station which ran along BM's main street,
        the spur in front of it ran along the platform, the SP
        is to the photographer's back, if anyone is
        interested.

        Dave Eggleston

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail