ng photo uploaded

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2004
      Friends,

      Last year I was able to pick up a photo taken by a traveler through
      Nevada in 1938. It apparently came from a family album of a trip from
      Wisconsin to California and return.

      I have posted a scan of this photo to the photo section of the Yahoo
      site for this email group. It shows the Hyman-Michaels gas locomotive
      scrapping out the Nevada Central.

      Reportedly the family caption of the photo was "A narrow gauge Train
      that has operated for 50 years out of Wells Nevada to some mines and
      mining towns in Nevada. On its last run. The road was being discontinued
      and dismantled."

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2004
        Brian,
        Nice photo! This little engine was from the Spanish Peak Lumber Co. and was used by HM to scrap several lines, including the Eureka Nevada.
        Greg