SP Operations on Lake Tahoe Line

  • David L. Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2004
      List,

      I responded to a question on the Espee group regarding SP
      operations on the Lake Tahoe line regarding equipment. I recall
      reading somewhere that consolidated locos were used on the SG track
      pulling coaches transfered from mainline. I don't recall any
      mention of freight equipment that may have been used. Do any of you
      know of a resource for SP operations on this line?

      I'm going to re-read my "Ponies", "Nevada NG.." and other
      pamphlets I have in the meantime.

      Thanks, David L. Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2004
        Myrick had a section on the line in his book: RRs of Nevada & Eastern
        Callifornia, vol I.