Welcome

  • EandPng@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 1999
      Hello,

      As charter members of the Nevada narrow gauge list I would like to know what
      your interests are regarding narrow gauge railroading in and around the
      silver state. My own personal interest is mainly the two lines that operated
      in the central portion of the state, the E&P and NC. I am a railroad history
      hobbyist and a model railroader. For the last year or so I have focused on
      the Ruby Hill branch of the E&P and Eureka Nevada Ry. The branch's short
      length (2.8 miles) and the fact that it originated 90% of all the traffic on
      the line (when it was operated) makes it a good subject for a model railroad.
      The fact that it was steep and had very tight curves doesn't hurt either. The
      Nevada Central is also dear to me and I have done considerable collecting of
      photos and research material on this line as well. In fact, there is an
      incredible amount of NC information out there right down to their formula for
      mixing concrete. I hope to share some of this stuff in the future in shared
      files or perhaps a community web page.

      I look forward to hearing from you.
      Best regards,