248Tonopah 1905 photos

    Sep 24, 2006
      Hi,

      I recently obtained copies of several views of Tonopah taken in 1905 by
      Joseph Stimson a commerical photographer out of Cheyenne, Wyoming. He
      was often doing work for the Union Pacific. After his death in 1953
      the Wyoming State Archives obtained his negatives.

      One view was taken looking toward the depot and its grounds. Another
      view was taken from a knoll above the depot and looking toward town and
      captured several railroad cars.

      I have clipped detail views from these photos of Tonopah Railroad cars
      and posted them in a new folder, "Tonopah 1905," in the photos section
      of the Yahoo listing for the group.

      Enjoy.