213Re: [NVnarrowgauge] An E&P locomotive photo

    Dec 18, 2005
      Greg and Mike:

      When I first saw the photo my thoughts was that it was some place out on
      the line. I showed a print out of the view to Dave Garcia and his
      reaction was that it was at Palisade -- I protested that the hills were
      too flat and far away. I'm glad that I'm not alone with my thoughts as
      to the location.

      Yah, Alpha or Mineral makes some sense based upon the terrain. Nice
      thing about that part of Nevada is that the terrain (including clumps of
      trees) changes little over the years.

      Brian

      EANDPNG@... wrote:

      > Brian,
      > I have seen that photo of #6 but I don't think it is at Palisade. The
      > hills in the background makes me think that this may be of the engine
      > where it sat out on the line following the 1910 flood at Mineral or at
      > Alpha.
      > Greg

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic