159Re: [NVnarrowgauge] another photo

  • Dave Eggleston
    Mar 18, 2004
      My comment is from memory, I'd need to look at the
      CSRM documentation at home. I do believe it was black
      with silver lining at that time; it was also
      battleship gray at another time. An unusual car in
      many ways.

      Would it be possible to purchase a copy of the print
      from you?

      Dave
      --- Brian Norden <bnorden49@...> wrote:
      > Dave,
      >
      > Thanks for the information.
      >
      > Black is an unusual color! Could it be some other
      > dark color?
      >
      > Brian
      >
      > Dave Eggleston wrote:
      >
      > > Spectacular photo. Clifton (Austin) station,
      > Silver
      > > State sitting on the main, looking north, probably
      > > 1905-1910--given the knuckle couplers. Boxcar 106
      > or
      > > 256 next to it on the station siding. Note the
      > light
      > > lining--the car was black with silver lining
      > around
      > > this time I believe. Austin is up the hill to the
      > > right 1 mile.
      > >
      > > There are other photos of the car with bunting at
      > > Battle Mountain from the same period--perhaps the
      > same
      > > event? I don't know what but what a great shot!
      > >
      > > Dave Eggleston
      > > --- Brian Norden <bnorden49@...> wrote:
      > > > I have up loaded a scan of another photo that I
      > > > picked up the other
      > > > year. This one appears to be of Nevada
      > Central's
      > > > "Silver State" in
      > > > better years. I have no information about the
      > > > photo. It appears that
      > > > it is decorated for some special occasion.
      > > >
      > > > Brian Norden

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic