109Re: LTRy&TCo and SP

  • tahoerails
    Feb 8 6:17 PM
      Hi Ron,

      Welcome to my world! ;) I've been researching this line for a number
      of years now. Your best references (in addition to Myrick's Vol. 1
      that Greg mentioned) are "Oil Lamps and Iron Ponies" by Shaw/Fisher/
      Harlan; a 1946 article in Western Railroader by Owen McKeon; and for
      photos, both volumes of E. B. Scott's "Saga of Lake Tahoe". There are
      some tidbits here and there in other books, but these are the main
      sources of published information about the railroad. One other
      excellent source is the restoration study for the "Glenbrook", which
      you should be able to access at the library of the Nevada State RR
      Museum.

      If you need references for specific information, let me know and I'll
      try to help.

      Denise Showalter

      --- In NVnarrowgauge@y..., "ronniemac296" <ronniemac@i...> wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I am trying to get some information on the LTRy&TCo and the SP after
      > taking this RR over. I am trying to find out how long the RR exisited
      > after the takeover by SP. I am also interested any information on
      > both of these RRs that ran to lake Tahoe and would like to find a
      > book on them and/or a web page.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      > Thanks
      > Ron