Re: Project on Medical Nanotechnology

  • docdeal
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 20, 2009
      hi meenakshi,

      great to hear from you. as i may have said earlier much will depend on what types of nanoparticles and equipment you have access to. by writing an excellent paper on your goals, techniques and materials needed you could get the attention of your professors and advisors.

      one could study how carbon nanotubes effect different cells types. how to render them safer by encapsulation. you could do both in vito studies as well as in vivo in rodents or small mammals. one could compare how different kinds of NPs effect cells.

      most such nanovectors, as you well know, tend to aggregate in the liver and/or kidneys. ideally a NP would enter the body, complete its mission and be expelled from the body. personally nanotoxicology is a hot topic. although no one desires to think about it i must say it is important we protect the researchers, workers, consumers and the environment.

      that brings to mind ways to use nano-materials to cleanse soil, water and other areas. i'd say finding a way to use nanoparticles to clean water and make it potable is extremely important. one idea could be how to cleanse the environment of things such as antibiotics, medicines and other chemicals that are finding their way into the ecosystem.

      if you ever wish to contact me directly via email then please feel free to do so at dealproject@... or daviddeal@...

      the one thing i cannot help anyone one with is finding a position in the US, UK or Australia. the economy is not too kind at the present.

      best always,

      ddd