Pictou Co birds

  • Ken McKenna
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2012

      Ken McKenna
      Box 218 Stellarton NS
      B0K 1S0
      902 752-7644
      Hi all
      In Pictou Co today, Apr.28:
      At 7:30 a.m. I saw a White-fronted Goose with a flock of Common Mergansers and 2 Canada Geese in the MacLennan Marsh ( East River of Pictou between exit 24 and 25 from TCH 104). None of these birds were present in the afternoon.

      At Waterside PP there was an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull with a mixed flock of 100+ gulls incl  2 Iceland. While watching a group of 80+ Northern Gannet from the Caribou lighthouse area. A Purple Sandpiper flew in and landed on the bar by the lighthouse

      A Common Tern was seen flying in the East River of Pictou from the end of Company Rd. in Abercrombie.

      A Bonaparte's Gull was observed in the East River of Pictou below the sewer. E
      A male Indigo Bunting was observed at a Lower Rd. Pictou Landing feeder. Bird present since yesterday.

      Ken