Indigo buntings, blue grosbeak, rose-breasted grosbeaks

  • James Hirtle
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2012
      For the record from Lunenburg County, there are tons of reports of indigo buntings, rose-breasted grosbeaks and some blue grosbeaks.  I've been getting lots of pictures, emails and phone calls.  I'll probably miss some locations, but so far I know of birds at Upper Cornwall, Kingsburg, Lunenburg, Crescent Beach, Heckman's Island, Broad Cove, and Cherry Hill.   Numbers are from one to four birds at all locations reported.  There have been multiple reports from most of these communities.  Reports are flowing in quicker than I can respond and clear emails away.

      James R. Hirtle
      Bridgewater