Birding Today

  • Don MacNeill
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
      There were 8 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at Duncan's Cove today (2 m, 6 f). 4
      of these were at the feeders behind the last house.

      There were 2 Tree Swallows on the wires at Portuguese Cove.

      Sandy Cove and Bald Rock roads were very quiet.

      Don

      Don MacNeill
      donmacneill@...
    • Don MacNeill
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 12
        I decided to take a run out to West Pennant in the fog and the rain today.  There was a mixed flock of about 160 waxwings just before the T junction in Sambro.  I would say about 90% Bohemians.  On the road into the Dingle, on the beach on the left as you arrive, was a male Wood Duck.  I didn't see any winter seabirds.

        Don
        --
        Don MacNeill donmacneill@...