Re: [NS-RBA] Help with ID of Blue Bird please - Canning

  • David Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2012
      An Indigo Bunting. Wish we had one at our feeder!

      David

      Sent from my iPad

      On 2012-04-22, at 5:55 PM, ellie2002ellie <ellie.iistudio@...> wrote:

      We have a strange blue bird at our feeder (although I have never seen an Eastern Blue Bird it does not resemble this bird from what I can see).

      We have uploaded a series of photographs of the bird. Please forgive the quality, but they were taken through two windows in the rain, so are really poor.

      The link follows. If there is a particularly good one or two that the group feels would be good to have posted in the files here (for id purposes only, not for the photo quality obviously) let me know and I will upload them here.

      https://plus.google.com/photos/104584322313471697637/albums/5734329470380659233

      The bird has been hanging around our feeder and trees (Canning) for a little while this afternoon. It looks ruffled up a bit. Size is fairly easy to see (I think) from the finches shown near it. We have tried to include as many views as possible to get an idea of what it is.

      I imagine that everyone else might know immediately, but it is a completely new bird for us.

      Ellie

    • Ellie Kennard
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2012
        There are now some better images of the Indigo Bunting on the same gallery as the link I posted yesterday with some of the more blurry ones removed.

        Rick Whitman saw it this morning, which we were pleased about.

        Ellie