Bobby Calf issue - media

  • Stephanie Abbott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2011
      Ondine and Brian Sherman have written a piece for the SMH on this which
      captures the ethical issues quite beautifully in my opinion.
      http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/brutal-secret-behind-the-dairy-ind
      ustry-20110128-1a7tb.html
      Also of note that the RSPCA opposes the 30 hour time frame but is prepared
      to accept some "time off feed" as a concession to the needs of industry,
      while setting out what they would really prefer (max 10 hours or slaughter
      on site).
      See:
      http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/bobby-calves-endure-milk-of-human-
      cruelty-20110127-1a5u2.html