General Presentation on Native Plants

  • John Nikolatos
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012

      Greetings from the San Antonio NPSOT chapter.  We are spiffing up our PowerPoint show on native plants for presentation to garden clubs, environmental groups, etc.  I'm sure other chapters have developed similar "dog and pony shows"  and we'd be grateful for any assistance and inspiration.  We welcome outlines, scripts, or even a copy of your PowerPoint show.  We seek definitions of terms as well as compelling points promoting the "Go Native!" message.  Does anyone know of an online "intro to native plants"?  My email address is jnik@...

      Thanks.  -- John Nikolatos

    • Gary & Kathy Saucier
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
        John,
        Check out this: http://www.wildflower.org/whynatives/ Is that what you are
        looking for in an intro to native plants & compelling points? What terms do
        you need to define? You might use their search and put those terms into it.
        Or try one of the wildflower books.
        Kathy

        1. General Presentation on Native Plants
        Posted by: "John Nikolatos" jnik@... john_nik_13
        Date: Wed Feb 1, 2012 5:41 am ((PST))

        body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color\
        :#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}
        Greetings from the San Antonio NPSOT chapter. We are spiffing up our
        PowerPoint show on native plants for presentation to garden clubs,
        environmental groups, etc. I'm sure other chapters have developed similar
        "dog and pony shows" and we'd be grateful for any assistance and
        inspiration. We welcome outlines, scripts, or even a copy of your
        PowerPoint show. We seek definitions of terms as well as compelling points
        promoting the "Go Native!"
        message. Does anyone know of an online "intro to native plants"?
        My email address is jnik@...
        <mailto:jnik@...> .

        Thanks. -- John Nikolatos
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2012
          I wish NPSOT had something like this - http://vimeo.com/21464157

          Or like the video that Linda Lehmusvirta did for the Wildflower Center.