native bird seed mix

  • amargoza@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2002
      I don't know of any commercially-available birdseed composed of native seeds.
      I do utilize birds to "spread" desirable plants, though, on a regular basis.
      Using hanging platform feeders which I move to areas where I want specific
      plantings, I gather the fruits and seeds which I want them to eat.
      It has worked pretty well for several species, such as hogplum.
      Christina Mild, Harlingen, on the Lower Rio Grande Delta