May 20th field trip to Perz property to Celebrate Plant Conservation Day

  • Marilyn Perz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      NPSOT Members,

      You are invited to celebrate Plant Conservation Day with a field trip on Sunday May 20th from 2-4pm at the Perz property located at 2150 County Road 100 east of Georgetown and south of SH 29.  We have about 5 acres with mowed trails through meadows and woodlands on the front of our property.  Weather permitting, we can cross the creek to another 12 acres of mixed meadow/woodland along another creek.  Please wear sturdy shoes or boots.  We will provide shady porches and refreshments.

      The property has been kept in mostly a natural state with great diversity of native trees, shrubs, grasses, wildflowers, etc.

      Directions:
        Take SH 29 east through Georgetown, past Southwestern and the Inner Loop intersection going about 6 miles.
        Turn right at the Exxon station on the corner of CR 106
        Proceed about 2 twisting miles through Davidson's Ranch
        After exiting the low water crossing you will T into CR 100
        Turn right and proceed 1/4 mile up the hill on CR 100
        Turn right into our driveway at 2150 CR 100

      Dennis and Marilyn Perz
      2150 County Road 100
      512-864-3828