Re: [NNYBulldoggers] Dog of the month

  • Ervin Kellogg
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2006
      1) UCD Kellogg's Akasha CGC - 10 year old white w/brindle patches - titled in Obedience before 18 months old. UCD. Retired afterward due to my negative feelings toward other obedience competitor's outright rudeness regarding the APBT as an obedience dog. She knows everything through open and some utility exercises - probably the smartest dog I own - my soul mate.

      2) GR PR PRIVATE MD'S ADAGIO CGC, TT, TDI aka Dag - 7 year old red fawn male - Grand champion, CGC, TT, TDI - My wonderfully laid back male, who finally sucked me into conformation shows. Never met anyone he didn't convert instantly. Mellow, but still has drive. Loves to go to the nursing homes with me - loves the old folks. Best advertisement for APBT most people have ever seen.

      3) PR PRIVATE MD'S CLEOLANE - 11 year old chocolate brindle - has an "Elvis" sneer, burps in your face and is a "masher" - must destroy all fluffy pilllows or cushions in house. Has an alligator mouth and a hummingbird ass - never made it to OB ring because her big mouth got her in too much trouble.

      4) PR PRIVATE MD'S DOMINO aka DiDi - 21/2 year old brindle w/white bitch - needs one more major for CH. Is totally balls to the wall. Brings me joy to see her sailing through the air when she jumps - absolute joy. Flunked TT, didn't like the Chief tester, but will test again when not in heat. Extremely smart - knows sooo much, but tends to flip me off. Such a challenge.

      So, there's my herd.
      Gotta love them all.
      Linda Kellogg
      Ok everyone... I asked for people to email me about their dogs. Please do this if you want your dog to be considered as dog of the month. Only Charles has given me this info. It's really important.
      Thank you
    • Brooke & Matt

        Ok everyone... I asked for people to email me about their dogs. Please do this if you want your dog to be considered as dog of the month. Only Charles has given me this info. It's really important.
        Thank you
      • Bulldog Haven

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 20, 2006
            Hey Brooke....I'm sorry I've been so busy lately....just got back from California and I have a million schools to go to. The Army sucks haha. Anyway here's Bentley's info.

            Bentley is a female American Pit Bull Terrier. She was born in Gretna, VA on September 8th 2004. She graduated from Puppy Kindergarten in December of last year, although it doesn't show much haha. She loves to play hide and go seek, swim, backpack and just being lazy on the couch.

            Brooke & Matt <neimo@...> wrote:
            Ok everyone... I asked for people to email me about their dogs. Please do this if you want your dog to be considered as dog of the month. Only Charles has given me this info. It's really important.
            Thank you

          • lisa mawson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 20, 2006
              Well, here it is.

              Luke, 6 yr. old, tri-colored, male amstaf. Avid agility dog... favorite class? JUMPERS! Kicking border collie butt, up and down, every time he Qs. competing in Open standard and excellent jumpers. Has novice obedience title... TT and CGC, plays a little in freestyle obed. ... dabble in Rally-O. Really great, smart, athletic boy.

              Vegas, 1 yr. old, brindle/white, female akc/ukc dog. Tough working dog. Loves agility, loves obedience (already trained thru utility). Favorite game? Articles! Gonna be a bullet on the agility course.... is now...but with experience... woo HOO! Possible national dog. Earned her standard novice title 1st weekend out, 2 of 3 jumpers legs with a 1st in the BC class. Brilliant kid, needs 1 major for ukc CH., has CGC, TDI. And Queen of the roost. Loves to retrieve ANYTHING!

              Libby, 1 yr. old, red/white, boston/pit? mix, female adopted. Has a cleft pallette and double hare-lip. But if you meet her... you wouldnt wonder how she survived. FIREBALL! Unique, difficult to describe personality. Loves to play and be crazy... but the sweetest cuddle that 15 minutes out of 16 hour day! PLAAY< PLAY< PLAY
              Have the challenge to try to have her pass a cgc/tdi within a year. Fun.

              Sorry... had to brag.

              Brooke & Matt <neimo@...> wrote:
              Ok everyone... I asked for people to email me about their dogs. Please do this if you want your dog to be considered as dog of the month. Only Charles has given me this info. It's really important.
              Thank you

              Yahoo! Photos

            • Brooke & Matt

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 21, 2006

                  I thought it would be fun to include my personal dog since I promoted our recent rescue boy Champ.

                  "Hercules", my first American Bulldog. He was a leftover from a accidental breeding (oy)  in WI and we helped the lady place all the puppies in screened homes, she offered me a pup and I took Herc!
                  6 years old now, 120lb, great white face licker. "Hines lines" he is a perfect example of the breed structurally and temperament wise. Herc didnt really mature till he was almost 4 yrs old.. we had a great big puppy till then :)
                  Herc has his CGC, TDI , and TAN. Knows his OBed commands in English/German, some spanish too, (mostly corrections haha)! Still learning. When he was 4 right after his TDI cert,  we bought this house in the country he chased a deer across our quiet 2 lane road same time a old man in a truck came on down...his recall is great but his first deer sighting!, Herc gave me the AB finger and ran right into the truck, so lots of money later, broken hip, broken pelvis, many pins and rods,  ( we should own stock in Cornell Univ now) he is put back together.. was a year of rehab at home and he is as close to being good as new as he can be, no weight pull or heavy work for him anymore but he is a wonderful guardian dog his job is to test/desensitize the rescues , even the very dog aggressive rescues seem to know he is so kind and tolerate him. I use Herc to teach obedience to the other dogs too, they learn alot from just watching him. Our area of Seneca County is comprised of mostly pitbull type dog "haters" lots of fear and hype thanks to the media, Herc helps me show people in our area that these dogs arent all bad, and get thru some barriers to irresponsible pitty owners to promote training and control of their dogs. Will be recertifying his TDI then go into the Delta dog program with him.

                  Jenny McWhorter
                  Finger Lakes American Bulldog Haven &
                  Dog Rescue Society, LTD
                  Romulus, NY

                  "Please don't breed or buy, while shelter Bullies die! "

                   The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
                  - Albert Einstein