New Millennium Being #35 - Moon Shine

  • gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2001
      From Gururattan Kaur Khalsa Ph.D.

      NEW MILLENNIUM BEING

      MOON SHINE

      Number 35, July 6, 2001

      By Gururattan Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D.

      YOGA TECHNOLOGY - sponsors of New Millennium Being
      Books on Kundalini Yoga & Meditation, Chakras, Women's Empowerment by
      Gururattan Kaur Khalsa Ph.D.
      Large format & fully illustrated. Ideal for home study.
      Also Kundalini Yoga Videos & CD's.
      http://www.yogatech.com/ (secure online store)

      The Moon in our birth chart is typically associated with our acquired
      personality and our past. Our Moon indicates our inherited traits, karma,
      emotional attachments, survival instincts, and childhood programming. The
      Moon pulls us back into our past life imprints, connects us to our roots and
      serves as a storehouse for our unconscious memory. The instinctual nature
      of our moon helps us hold on to beliefs, behaviors and reactions that we
      have been conditioned to embrace for our survival. The Moon also represents
      the mother principle. Like our attachment to our birth mother or primary
      mother figure, we unconsciously hold on to the habits, feelings and
      sentiments that seem to give a sense of security. The goal of working with
      the energies of our Moon is to learn how to use the powers of the Moon to
      pull us back to our soul essence and to connect us to the nurturing energies
      of the Divine Mother. To achieve this mastery we must pass through the
      lunar territory. We must brave the muddy and agitated waters of our
      subconscious mind and emotional body.

      Even the most elementary step toward consciousness awakens us to the stark
      reality that much of our early programming is at best no longer relevant.
      The really bad news comes when we explore deeper. We become alarmingly aware
      that preverbal imprints burden us with patterns and habits that seriously
      sabotage our maturation process, success as adults and the ability to be who
      we are and do what we came here to do.

      Our human challenge is how to break the tenacious hold of these early
      imprints. Buried deep in our subconscious, they are not only difficult to
      modify, they are difficult to identify. Living in a masculine dominated
      culture, it is understandable that we are often advised to use our will to
      change these patterns. "Just do it." "Just drop the old pattern." "Just
      don't do that anymore." Don't we all wish it were that simple! Sooner or
      later we realize that is not possible to force or command our subtle
      energies to change. Any commands will be interpreted as violence and have
      the effect of burying our negative emotions deeper into our subconscious.

      Emotions, feelings and related expressions of the Moon are feminine
      energies. We must deal with them appropriately. We must use feminine
      modalities to deal with these energies. We of course need to use our will
      to focus our attention. Beyond attention, we must gently allow these
      energies to be felt and expressed. It is only through acceptance and love
      that they reveal themselves to our conscious awareness so that we can
      identify and work with them.

      THE ASLEEP MOON
      The asleep individual has no conscious awareness of his emotional being. He
      actually identifies with his emotions and is a slave to his impulses and
      feelings. The evolution of the soul requires us to become conscious of our
      emotions and learn to use our subtle energies for the higher expression of
      our Soul.

      Most of humanity is still powerfully influenced by mass consciousness
      because our emotions are energetically integrated into mass consciousness.
      This connection reinforces and perpetuates our attachment to our "biological
      karma, instinctual emotional responsiveness, patterns of early family
      conditioning, and conformistic sociological behavior." (*1) This fact also
      links our perception of our identity to the form that we experience through
      our five external senses.

      At the unconscious asleep level of being, the Moon is a storehouse for the
      past. It clutters our consciousness with self-sabotaging astral images and
      desires. Our emotional energy at this level of expression chains us to
      unconscious programming. The awakening process breaks the chains to the
      past behavior patterns and instinctual responses. Our goal is to detach
      ourselves from the compulsions and desires imprinted in us from past lives,
      childhood traumas and mass consciousness.

      THE AWAKENING MOON

      The awakening process requires us to separate our identity from mass
      consciousness and to individualize by becoming conscious of our own being.
      Instead of identifying with our material form, we become aware of the
      essence that lives within our physical body. It is by working with our
      subtle energies that the energy tied up in our unconscious emotional
      programming is transmuted to higher forms of expression. It is through
      conscious awareness that we get in touch with our primal energies, reorient
      their expression and attune ourselves to our highest identity. As we
      awaken, we identify with our soul and the energy that enlivens our being.

      Most of those reading this article are in the awakening stage. We are doing
      our best to become conscious of our past conditioning so that it no longer
      controls our actions, reactions and projections. Our goal is to use our
      physical, mental and emotional energies to awaken us to our Soul identity
      and then to use these energies to express our Soul and carry out our destiny
      path. As we are freed from past conditioning, we are able to use our
      emotional energy to express archetypes of wholeness, balance and love. The
      reflective powers of the Moon become available to pull us back to our
      essential being and reflect the basic qualities of our Soul.

      SHIFT FROM THE RATIONAL MIND TO INTUITIVE AWARENESS

      The transition from personality to Soul consciousness requires a shift from
      a rational mental focus to an intuitive awareness and perception of reality.
      (*2) Our intellect becomes more refined and sensitive as it integrates more
      subtle energies and signals into our consciousness. The intellect becomes
      the foundation for a broader range of intuitive sensitivities. Similarly,
      emotional energy is freed up to embody universal expressions of cosmic
      energies. The emotional body is no longer controlled by the astral energies
      of fear, anger and sadness. Our emotional body is available to identify
      with and express more refined and highly evolved energies such as peace,
      serenity, grace and compassion. Over time the latter replace, supercede and
      dominate the former in our consciousness and subtle energy bodies.

      The question is how can we facilitate the intuitive and emotional
      development in our evolutionary unfoldment? We develop our intuitive
      awareness by using it. The following questions can be asked and partially
      answered intellectually. However, our rational mind is very clever at
      protecting us from vital information that challenges our personality-based
      identity. It can also rationalize us out of every predicament that forces
      us to face the uncomfortable (yet liberating) truth. Our intuitive
      sensitivity gives us more complete, unfiltered information. Being feminine
      in nature, it is less confrontive to our ego. Therefore, a meditative,
      intuitive approach to the following examination could prove to be most
      fruitful.

      1. The first area of examination invites us to identify our past imprints,
      emotional attachments and areas of resistance.

      2. The second area of examination invites us to identify current emotional
      upheavals? Where are we being asked, or forced, to release the chains of
      the past?

      3. The third question is the most enticing. Where do we need to break old
      patterns in order to express our Soul identity and destiny? (*3) This
      question shifts our emotional energy from self-sabotaging programs to
      exciting possibilities that we can actually manifest if we are ready and
      willing to jump into a new arena. Concentrating on the answers to this
      question can propel us into an expanded consciousness of who we are and why
      we are here. If we choose to stay in the possibility long enough, it can
      become a reality. It is a question of shifting our emotional energy from
      the astral to the soul level of consciousness. Once our heart and soul
      command our emotional energy, our new life begins.

      FROM MASS CONSCIOUSNESS TO UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS

      We must be vigilant to stay in our intuitive and subtle energy awareness.
      Normally we do not want to be this sensitive because if we are locked into
      mass consciousness, we become aware of the extent to which we are bombarded
      with the negative emotional projections of the lower expressions of
      humanity. To make this transition it is necessary to do some form of
      spiritual practice which enables us to tune into and receive the positive
      projections from those emanating spiritual energy. This is why we practice
      Kundalini yoga and are grateful to all those who also do so. We are
      creating a powerful force field that we can all tap into.

      Group consciousness greatly facilitates our transition to universal
      consciousness. As we are awakening our feeling-sensitive nature, we must
      have an alternative consciousness to relate to. Yogi Bhajan says that
      individual consciousness proceeds through group consciousness to universal
      consciousness. He has recently talked a lot about how the energy on the
      planet is now available for us to cultivate a highly sensitive intuitive
      awareness, which he calls our sensory system. Humans who achieve this
      consciousness are called sensory humans. (See NMB #24) Working with our
      Moon energy is most relevant in achieving this sensory awareness.

      As we move from the illusions of the Moon into the higher expressions of
      emotional energy, we embody the reality of love and wisdom. We
      simultaneously achieve a sense of individualized selfhood (lower 3 chakras)
      and lose our sense of separateness (upper 4 chakras). As we merge in the
      universal waters of love, we experience the nurturing substance of the
      Mother as embodied in the highest expressions of Cancer and the Moon.

      RELAX AND RENEW
      by Gururattan K. Khalsa Ph.D.
      Kundalini Yoga & Meditation, as taught by Yogi Bhajan , offers a successful
      and permanent treatment for stress, as well as for many other related health
      problems. 100+ sets & meditations.
      200+ pages in large clear format. Ideal for practice at home.
      Click below for on-line catalog & bookstore
      http://www.yogatech.com/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi

      CULTIVATING OUR INTUITION

      On the questionnaires for our online Kundalini Yoga Training course, one of
      the most frequently marked goals is to develop intuition. While the Sun is
      in Cancer between June 21 and July 21 is a most appropriate time to use our
      intuition and not our intellect. During this time be conscious of letting
      your feelings be your guide. The more you do so, the more you will
      experience how you are using your energy and be able to shift from your
      emotional reactive responses to your intuitive guidance. (We will have the
      mental energies and compulsion to figure things out soon enough when the Sun
      goes into Virgo August 22.)

      THE ENNEAGRAM SYSTEM
      I have found the enneagram system particularity useful in working with Moon
      energies. It is interesting to look at the parallels between this system
      and astrological understandings of the Moon. The article I reference here
      examines the correlations between the different enneagram types and the
      planets. (*4) I will not cover these relationships here. What I find
      fascinating is how the nine types unveil the hidden patterns and potentials
      of our Moon.

      The enneagram is a psychological typology system "that identifies nine
      distinct personality types, based on the core survival strategies that each
      type unconsciously formulates to protect against further pain and harm.
      These strategies are developed in childhood when our most fundamental needs
      are not met: love, power, and security." (*5) Instead of experiencing our
      natural essence of wholeness and the universal truth of love, we are
      imprinted with self-protective fears, unflattering self-images, limiting
      beliefs and survival motivated strategies, the sum total of which becomes
      our personality. These survival mechanisms control our behavior and
      unique identity. The expression of our vast, creative and spontaneous
      essence is co-opted by the unconscious dictates of our learned behaviors and
      beliefs that block awareness of our Soul essence. (Sound familiar?)

      The goals of the enneagram system are

      1. To gain a deeper understanding of our self-protective strategies and the
      unconscious motivating factors of our personality by identifying the type of
      our personality structure.
      2. To detach ourselves from our conditioned patterns and unconscious
      compulsions.
      3. To open ourselves to reclaim and express the fundamental essence of our
      Soul being

      THE NINE ENNEAGRAM TYPES

      There are nine enneagram types. (*6) Each of the nine types is
      characterized by (1) a habitual emotional reaction, (2) an avoidance
      emotion, and (3) a virtue or soul energy.

      1. A chief PASSION corresponds to the HABITUAL EMOTIONAL REACTION that is
      activated when we feel challenged, threatened or under stress. (I personally
      don't like the use of passion in this negative sense.) Seven of these
      automatic reactions correspond to the seven deadly sins or vices in
      Christian teachings. Deceit and Cowardice were added to make nine -- (1)
      Anger or Resentment, (2) Pride or Ego, (3) Deceit or Vanity (added), (4)
      Envy or Jealously, (5) Avarice or Stinginess, (6) Cowardice, Cowardliness or
      Fear (added), (7) Gluttony or Greed, (8) Lust or uncontrolled desire, and
      (9) Sloth or Indolence.

      2. Each type is also associated with an AVOIDANCE EMOTION that it attempts
      to cover up. These shadow emotions are disowned by our conscious
      personality, which tries to hide these feelings with a superficial
      self-image or mask. The avoidance emotions are (1) Anger, (2) Neediness, (3)
      Failure, (4) Ordinariness, (5) Emptiness, (6) Deviance, (7) Pain, (8)
      Weakness, and (9) Conflict.

      3. The VIRTUE (or soul energy) is the corresponding antidote or counterpoint
      to the emotional reaction and the avoidance emotion. By consciously
      cultivating the virtue, we can attain balance, wholeness and peace. The
      virtue is the essence energy of our Soul. The nine Virtues are (1)
      Serenity, (2) Humility, (3) Truthfulness, (4) Equanimity, (5) Detachment,
      (6) Courage, (7) Sobriety, (8) Innocence, and (9) Diligence.

      REDEFINITION OF SIN

      Yogi Bhajan has taught us to replace the traditional guilt ridden definition
      of sin with the idea that sin is simply an absence of the experience of God
      or the Infinite. It is easy to relate to the fact that when we are
      repressing our avoidance emotion and reacting with one or more of the
      habitual responses of the nine types, it is difficult or even impossible to
      experience a divine connection. It is not that these responses are
      inherently bad. Under certain circumstances they may be appropriate. The
      problem comes from the fact that they are automatic responses that are
      activated without conscious evaluation of our current situation. When these
      puppets of past programming. This means that our energy is blocked. We are
      not fully alive, present and available to experience universal energies and
      to express our infinite ourselves in the moment. Call this situation a sin,
      the human predicament or a tragedy, it is not an optimal state of being.

      The question then is "How can we experience the divine within us?" How can
      we optimize our existence, enjoy ourselves fully and experience peace? It
      is essential to recognize that energy is neutral. The enneagram, planetary
      and other archetypal energies all have both positive and negative modes of
      expression. Generally the less conscious we are, the more the negative
      expressions control us. The more consciously aware we become, the more we
      are able to cultivate, choose and attract the positive expressions or soul
      energies.

      IDENTIFY YOUR TYPE

      This means that we must identify the energy that we disown and repress.
      Actually this is very easy. Our conscious mind may resist, but we have our
      trusty intuition to reveal the truth. Simply go down the list and let your
      intuition tell you what habitual reaction and avoidance emotion you most
      frequently act out. Go for it.

      Automatic Response, Avoidance Emotion, Virtue-Soul Essence

      Type (1)
      Anger or Resentment, Anger, Serenity

      Type (2)
      Pride or Ego, Neediness, Humility

      Type (3)
      Deceit or Vanity, Failure, Truthfulness

      Type (4)
      Envy or Jealously, Ordinariness, Equanimity

      Type (5)
      Avarice or Stinginess, Emptiness, Detachment

      Type (6)
      Cowardliness or Fear, Deviance, Courage

      Type (7)
      Gluttony or Greed, Pain, Sobriety

      Type (8)
      Lust or Uncontrolled Desire, Weakness, Innocence

      Type (9)
      Sloth or Indolence, Conflict, Diligence
      (*7)

      I found that it was very easy to identify my type. It stuck out like a neon
      sign. Personally I resonate with type One-Resentment, Anger and Serenity.
      All the students in my yoga class also found it easy to identify their
      types. It can be uncomfortable and even embarrassing to admit our type.
      But it is also very comforting to be able to recognize our primary control
      trip (the avoidance strategy). It is also very liberating to identify how
      our compulsive reactions and behaviors use much of our psychic energy. Once
      we have this information we simply can make other choices in how we how we
      view life and use our energy.

      The great news is that we each embody the energy of the virtue. It is
      already there. It is part of our Soul essence. We simply have to turn our
      attention to this primal characteristic of our being. It is interesting how
      others may recognize this about us long before we do. Being a type one, my
      essence energy is serenity. For years people have told me how peaceful they
      felt around me. I wondered why they would say that as I was experiencing my
      inner war, which was far from serene. However, even before reading about
      the enneagram system, I realized that I needed to cultivate inner serenity.
      We all know what we need to do and are already on that path. Systems like
      the enneagram and astrology are tools that help us gain greater
      understanding and clarity along the way.

      Cultivating our essence energy also helps us get what we want. It is my
      observation in my own life that when I am in an agitated state I often don't
      get what I want. This includes over excitement and enthusiasm as well as
      anger and fear states. When I am peaceful, relaxed, unattached and
      connected to my inner state of serenity, I have better luck at attracting
      what I want.

      KUNDALINI YOGA - Powerful and Fast-Acting
      Now you can learn in the comfort of your own home!
      ***FREE*** on-line course prepared by popular author and teacher
      Gururattan K. Khalsa Ph.D.
      Full details and enrolment from our Web site:
      http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

      ORANGE MEDITATION

      The last week of June 2001 Yogi Bhajan taught the following meditation at
      Ladies Camp in New Mexico. Hold an orange between your hands at your heart
      and breath long and deep. Meditate on what you want for 11 minutes. Then
      eat your orange. Do this for 40 days.

      I advise cultivating your soul essence energy into your orange as well. I
      have started doing this meditation. My initial experience is that what I
      really want is to experience my inner serenity. If I could have only one
      thing-serenity is IT. I am slowly adding my other destiny requests. This
      time I am making sure that my predominate energy is serenity. I add my
      other prayers only as long as I can maintain my soul essence experience.

      I invite everyone to try this and to write me back after 40 days. I will
      share your experiences with the group. A good day to start is July 20th --
      the New Moon in Cancer. Otherwise let your intuition be your guide.

      MOON SHINE

      What we give our attention to grows and expands. As we shift our attention
      from our habitual sabotaging response to our soul essence, we alter our
      vibration. We magnetize to us what we vibrate. When we consciously vibrate
      our soul essence, it is much easier to operate in the attraction (feminine)
      mode vs. the go after it mode (masculine). Our soul essence mode is
      inherently relaxing and peaceful. Our soul essence is the feminine aspect
      of our being. This quality neutralizes the agitation created by our learned
      behaviors. As we relax, our life force that was used up in stressful
      expressions becomes available to us as vitality and aliveness. Instead of
      struggling and hassling (misuse of masculine energy), we can relax and
      attract to us (wise use of feminine energy) what we need to do what we came
      here to do (wise use of masculine energy). Our active, masculine energy is
      freed up to use for creation and producing results.

      The Moon reflects the energy of the Sun. Our Moon can reflect the true
      energy of our soul when we allow our emotional energy to flow in sync with
      our true essence. While the Sun is in Cancer is an opportune time to allow
      our feelings and emotions to become instruments of our heart. Take
      advantage of the Sun in Cancer to let your moon shine.

      REFERENCES AND FOOTNOTES

      Alan Oken's Complete Astrology, Alan Oken, Bantam Books, New York, 1980.
      (Oken Astro)

      Soul-Centered Astrology, Alan Oken, The Crossing Press, Freedom, CA, 1990,
      pp.192-199.
      (Oken)
      The Astrologer's Manual, Landis Knight Green, CRCS Publications, Sebastopol,
      CA, 1975. (Green)

      "EnneAstrology - the Nine Personality Types in the Horoscope," by Andrea
      Meek Winchester, The Mountain Astrologer, Issue 97, June/July 2001, pp.
      16-78.

      "What Is the Enneagram?" by Kate Sholly, The Mountain Astrologer, Issue 97,
      June/July 2001, p. 17.

      1. Oken-Soul, p. 256.
      2. Oken-Soul, p. 258.
      3. Oken-Soul, p. 258-9.
      4. Winchester, pp. 16-78.
      5. Sholly, p. 17.
      6. Winchester, p. 18.
      7. Winchester, p. 18.

      Can Financial Astrology make you a Millionaire?

      Yes, if you channelise your energies and take advantage of a benign
      Jupiterian and Saturnine transit. Financial Astrology & Numerology are there
      to guide us to Success! Discover the Secret Forces that determine your
      Destiny! Get FREE readings of Astrology, Numerology & Gemology.
      http://www.zodiaccomputers.com World class Astrologer G Kumar imparts
      Transcendental Knowledge. Subscribe to the Z Files, our free ezine and get a
      20 word ad FREE. mailto:zodiac20@.... Also Free Ebook !

      A Spanish edition is available - Ser del Nuevo Milenio.

      A Portuguese edition is also available - Ser do Novo Milenio - To
      subscribe mail to novo_milenio-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      The New Millennium Being is also mailed to all subscribers on the Kundalini
      Yoga Training List. (kytraining-subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

      This is an opt-in list, and we have a copy of every subscription request on
      file. If you believe someone has subscribed you against your will and do not
      wish to receive this newsletter, let us know and we will look into it for
      you.
      Mailto: nmbeing-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Or better yet, save yourself some time and just unsubscribe using one of the
      methods detailed above.

      Please share the New Millennium Being with friends and fellow seekers. If
      each one of you could pass on this newsletter to at least two others, then
      we would soon be getting our message out to a very much wider audience. More
      readers means more feedback and an even better newsletter for everyone!

      BACK ISSUES
      The first issue which contains the article about the August 11th, 1999 Solar
      Eclipse is available at
      http://www.yogatech.com/nmb/nmb01.html

      The second issue - the Perfection of Virgo is available at
      http://www.yogatech.com/nmb/nmb02.html

      A more recent issue, number 26 - Venus, Goddess of Love, is available at
      http://www.yogatech.com/nmb/nmb26.html

      We also have an autoresponder service where you can automatically have back
      issues mailed to your address - to use this, send mail to nmbxx@...
      but taking care to replace xx with the issue number - 01, 02, 03, etc.

      SPONSORS
      This Ezine is sponsored by YOGA TECHNOLOGY PRESS
      - publishers of a popular and practical range of books on Kundalini Yoga and
      Meditation, Tantric Yoga and also Women's Empowerment. To view and order
      their books, visit their secure on-line store - http://www.yogatech.com/

      If you would like to join our on-line Kundalini yoga class send a blank
      email to kytraining-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      I cover a lot of basic information in this class that can be applied to
      other disciplines as well and life in general.

      Copies of previous lessons are available from
      http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html
      You will find clickable links near the top of the page.
      Also, there is an autoresponder service. Send mail to
      kytxx@..., again remembering to replace xx with the
      appropriate lesson number - 01, 02, 03, etc.

      Finally, there is the Kundalini Yoga mailing list where people discuss and
      ask questions about KY. To be on the list send a blank email to
      kundaliniyoga-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Home page for the Kundaliniyoga Mailing List is at
      http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/
      A growing and comprehensive on-line resource covering the art, science and
      technology of Kundalini Yoga, also containing many links to other sites of
      interest.

      GT WEB SERVICES
      Web Site Design & Marketing, E-Commerce Solutions.
      "We don't just build Web sites, we make them work for you!"
      Full details from http://www.web-sites-that-work.com/