Re: [Dr. OJ Ebohon] RE: Edo-ciao Re: [Hypocrites] Re: Crisis rocks Benin Catholic Arch Diocese; Let Love Show

  • Avenbuan Omo Omwenyeke
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      Dear Dr. OJ Ebohon,

      Thank you for the advice. I will heed your advice in addition to that of others. These people have made up mind without being open minded to addressing the issues that is plaguing the Nigerian State. They believe in sweeping the dirt under the rug with the hope that the house is clean. With this type of mindset, Nigeria as nation will continue to retrogress. Nigeria will continue to slide into abyss and it will be so until Nigerians and black Africans own up to the reality of the wicked and vicious circle of blackman politics.

      Finally, Happy New Year.

      Iselogbe!

      Sincerely,
      Avenbuan Omo Omwenyeke.

      From: OlaKassimMD@... <OlaKassimMD@...>
      To: edo-nationality@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: naijapolitics@..., NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com, naijaobserver@yahoogroups.com, Edo-Nation@yahoogroups.com, edo-ciao@yahoogroups.com, edo_global@yahoogroups.com, steveogbonmwan@..., uyilausu@..., ewaenfedo@..., eaihie@..., ekikhalochambers@...

      Do you remember Ugwu-Ocha? It was an Igbo city. Today, it is known as Port Harcout. And it has become so cosmopolitan that whether it is in fact an IGBO city has become a question of heated debate!!  Wetin man go do? At least 25  percent of the population there  today is Yoruba! And as we speak, that city is graduating into a mega-city, overflowing into the Igbo Hinterland. In just 10 years time, Port Harcout would have practically fused with Abia State. Welcome to the New Nigeria!------------

      --------And have you ever been to Aba? 90% of the residents are NOT  indigenous!  There are people, even online here, who were born and lived in Aba, and to whom Aba is home in every sense of the word. But their parents originally migrated from elsewhere. Just like New York. Just like Los Angeles.

      Fact is: cities evolve, demographics change, and homo sapiens is ever on the move. That's how your  Bini forefathers ended in Benin, by the way, after migrating from the Igbo hinterland  in which they were originally created :) :)

      So we can embrace inevitable change for what it is, or we can fight it.

      Fact is: cities evolve, demographics change, and homo sapiens is ever on the move. That's how your  Bini forefathers ended in Benin, by the way, after migrating from the Igbo hinterland  in which they were originally created :) :)

      -----Dominic Ogbonna

      Dominic:

      If we put aside the veracity of your of your claim of Igboland as the proximate
      origin of the Binis and and the Edos, the above statement is true in light of the common origin
      of all human beings--including Africans from the plains of East Africa millions of years ago.

      Whatever  anyone presumes are his or her immediate origins to be, there is always the truism that
      we all came from somewhere if we trace things backwards to the beginning of time.

      The more ethnocentric a Nigerian is the less restricted are his or her world views and vision.

      The other day one of my Bini/Edo cousins wrote that the purported genealogical relationship
      of the Bini, Edo, Itshekri and the Ishan to the Yoruba and vice versa is nothing other
      than mere fiction.

      I placed him immediately amongst the cadre of fellow Nigerians who through no fault
      of their own never had any reason to leave their villages until it was time for high school in a larger
      town or city. Many of these compatriots ended up accepting that the world is in fact larger than the tiny mono ethnic enclaves they grew up
      in while others just never managed to  broaden their world views beyond one that is shaped by their
      early years growing up in the village.

      Even the most cursory studies of sub-Sahara African languages reveals how closely related most Nigerian ethnic groups are
      and that many of what we we now consider as distinct languages started out as mere branches/dialectal variations
      of their parent language group(s) with distance, isolation and topography contributing in different ways to their
      evolution into distinct languages..

      Dominic--please beware when you crack jokes on the origin of the Binis and Edos--as no amount of ':) -smile
      signs will rescue you from a few narrow minded and unforgiving Edo brothers out there.
      You see  some Edos and Binis, (just like some Yoruba believe that  Ile Ife is the center creation and of the universe)
      believe that the Binis and the Edos are the original human race--everyone else in southern Nigeria if not the
      rest of the world evolved from Benin City. It just cannot be the way you put it. Even the Owele of Onitsha--
      Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe traced his origins to Benin city. If the Owelle of Onitsha was originally  from Benin city,
      I doubt if it will take you long to also trace your own ancestry and that of the founder of the city of Aba
      to Benin City.:) :) :).

      The typical Nigerian who holds on to the apron strings of his/her sub-sub- sub-ethnic
      identity in defiance of changing world reality is a major problem to the realization of an all
      encompassing Nigerian identity--one that guarantees equal rights to each and every
      Nigerian citizen no matter where he.or she chooses to reside and work and regardless
      of his or her ethnic origin.

      These narrow minded compatriots see all things Nigerian from the  blurry and jaundiced perspective
       of their narrow ethnic lenses and in fact
      view all other Nigerians as permanent strangers/aliens who should never be permitted
      to share in whatever belongs to their narrow corners of the world.

      Ironically these are the same Nigerians who as adults now  living in Europe and North America complain endlessly
      about racism and its ill-effects on their daily lives. That a hardcore tribalist on Nigerian issues could find
      enough courage to complain about racism in another man's land is one of the thorniest conundrums
      I have ever tried to rationalize.. Racism is only an extension of tribalism--they are both driven by the same
      irrational fear and ignorance about other peoples with different cultures or from foreign regions of the world--
      both near and far.

      Funny enough, the same ethnic enclaves (villages) that bred these cadre of Nigerians are for the most part
      currently a picture of the "United Nations of Nigeria"--if one considers the diverse ethnic origins of the residents in the small
      towns and villages in which these narrow minded Nigerians grew up.

      In some ways  Nigeria has probably  left some of these close minded Nigerians in the dust--clinging on to past glories
      and unrealistic ideas of ethnic purity. This, along with their personal insecurity, is what I believe informs the frequent
      clamor all over Nigeria--that the Principal
      of the local high school, the Medical Director of the Hospital, the Vice Chancellor and Deans of the university, the Bishop
      etc. must be a native. The questions that remain unanswered are whether all those natives, who they insist
      must occupy important positions in their jurisdictions received all their training in the local institutions
      and whether or not they benefited from tutoring at different stages of their careers from other non-native Nigerians.

      Now a fnal question to all those who regard their indigeneship certificates as their most priced possessions in life:

      If all other Nigerians cannot aspire to the highest positions in your region of Nigeria, why would  you
      want to contest for political office anywhere else in Nigeria?

      Happy New Year and a Prosperous and Healthy 2011 and Beyond!!!!

      Bye,

      Ola

      From: osagieayanru@... <osagieayanru@...>
      To: edo-nationality@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: "Edo Nation" <Edo-Nation@yahoogroups.com>, "Edo Ciao" <edo-ciao@yahoogroups.com>, "Edo Global" <edo_global@yahoogroups.com>, "Esan Community" <Esan_Community@yahoogroups.com>, "Afenmai Forum" <afenmai@yahoogroups.com>, "Steve Ogbonmwan" <steveogbonmwan@...>, "Oseme Mama OSARO" <oseme78@...>, "Uyilawa Usuanlele" <uyilausu@...>, "Ewaen Edoghimioya" <ewaenfedo@...>, "Kede Aihie" <eaihie@...>, "T'Oghobaghase Charles" <ekikhalochambers@...>

      Well spoken or written as the case may be, my brother--not the hypocritical and spine less obfuscation of the condition that confronts Ivbiedo, in the state.

      Osagie Ayanru

      Osagie Ayanru

      From: Avenbuan Omo Omwenyeke <omo_omwenyeke@...>
      Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:44:19 -0800 (PST)
      Cc: Edo Nation<Edo-Nation@yahoogroups.com>; Edo Ciao<edo-ciao@yahoogroups.com>; Edo Global<edo_global@yahoogroups.com>; Esan Community<Esan_Community@yahoogroups.com>; Afenmai Forum<afenmai@yahoogroups.com>; Steve Ogbonmwan<steveogbonmwan@...>; Oseme Mama OSARO<oseme78@...>; Uyilawa Usuanlele<uyilausu@...>; Ewaen Edoghimioya<ewaenfedo@...>; Kede Aihie<eaihie@...>; T'Oghobaghase Charles<ekikhalochambers@...>

      Esista,

      Do not defend wrong. Is there no fighting among catholic hierarachy in Vatican City? Is there no in fighting among catholics in United States, Canada, South America and Europe? Is there no controversies and divisions in in Chrstiandom around the world? Where were these anti Binis when Auchi agitated for a diosese? Where were they when Uromi was granted a diocese? Were these decisions of God or Men and women of misguided faith? When these decisions were made, who was the head of Benin Catholic diocese?

      I say, this fight is nothing more than a fight for equality and even playing field. You see individual that bid farewell, candidate for copy and paste professorship all of sudden returned from their journey to trumpet their bias and anti Benin rhetorics. Secondly, if there is politics in christianity and particularly Catholic Church, it is more common among the Ibos. It is pure hypocrisy that, our misguided and hypocrites from the east are jumping on this issue because they know what is at stake.

      To the mama, how far is Uromi from Benin? Why a diocese in Uromi? Abeg, our people say, when dirty too much for drink, the blind would see. The greatest enemies to Ivbiedo are Edos. Until Ivbiedo stop these momase attitude and begin to fight back, all these ungrateful individuals born and bred in Benin City, those who got more opportunities in Benin City than they would ever have had in their local area of origin would continue to push our interest to the side. In conclusion, these lopsided bias would turn. It definitely would not last forever but Ivbiedo must keep up the spirited battle and not fall for cheap blackmail.

      Iselogbe,
      Omo.

      From: Mama OSARO <oseme78@...>
      Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 03:03:35 -0800 (PST)
      Cc: Edo Global<edo_global@yahoogroups.com>; Edo Nation<Edo-Nation@yahoogroups.com>; edo-nationality@yahoogroups.com<edo-nationality@yahoogroups.com>; Vincent Modebelu<vin_modebelu@...>; Nowamagbe Omoigui<nowa_o@...>; Uyilawa Usuanlele<uyilausu@...>; Lady Joan Oviawe<joanoviawe@...>; Kede Aihie<eaihie@...>; Nnanna Agomoh<mnagomoh@...>; Wharf Snake<wharfsnake@...>; T'Oghobaghase Charles<ekikhalochambers@...>; Osamede Wilberforce Uwensuyi-Edosomwan<rock-n-roll-willie@...>; IBK<ibk@...>

      Dear Dr. Ogbonmwan,
      Mee anti-Benin as usual? I am more Benin than you.

      There is in fighting among the Benin Priests. Newspapers carried some of their storpes and its not a hidden issue. I know many of them very well. This is not the time to start talking about what are fighting about and they have done. They humans like you and I.

      What list the adminisreator sent to Rome will be sent back. God will give us our own bishop no matter where the person is from.

      Merry Christmas. My regards to your family.

      From: charles Edosomwan <edosomwanlaw@...>
      To: "Edo Ciao" <edo-ciao@yahoogroups.com>, "Edo Global" <edo_global@yahoogroups.com>, "Edo Nation" <Edo-Nation@yahoogroups.com>, "Edo nationality" <edo-nationality@yahoogroups.com>, "Esan Community" <Esan_Community@yahoogroups.com>, "Afenmai Forum" <afenmai@yahoogroups.com>, "Cameroon Net" <camnetwork@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "Vincent Modebelu" <vin_modebelu@...>, "Nowamagbe Omoigui" <nowa_o@...>, "Uyilawa Usuanlele" <uyilausu@...>, "Lady Joan Oviawe" <joanoviawe@...>, "Kede Aihie" <eaihie@...>, "Nnanna Agomoh" <mnagomoh@...>, "Wharf Snake" <wharfsnake@...>, "T'Oghobaghase Charles" <ekikhalochambers@...>, "Osamede Wilberforce Uwensuyi-Edosomwan" <rock-n-roll-willie@...>, "IBK" <ibk@...>

      People,
      In this Christmas season of fraternal love and charity, isn't it a bit too much that my Igbo brothers - Otoiheoma Egbe, Nnanna Agomoh, Vince Modebelu and the serpent aka the worm have chosen to fan the embers of fraternal hatred? In a story written by Simon Ebegbulem (Igbo) on Bishop Gbuji (Igbo) and Bishop Elue (Igbo) on the NON SUITABILITY of ANY Bini on the headship of the CHURCH IN BENIN, where the nominating padre is an IGBO that ONLY finds his BROTHER IGBO the only suitable ones for such headship; isn't it funny that these EYE-SHADED IGBO would insist on being sanctimonious about "MERIT"! Na wao. Read to Nwa Modebelu:

      "Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
      These Bini people do not want to go to  GOD unless through a BINI man himself. !!!
      By the way.Do they have a BINI Bishop?
      Where did he learn his trade  of saving people?.
      Are they all in BINI Kingdom?
      Is this another VC war?" - Vince Modebelu.

      This isn't an epistle that should be coming from one from whose neck of the woods Reverend Fathers and priests from the same Catholic Church are arrested for lending themselves and their church to kidnapping and other acts of criminality. I guess for Vincent, these must be suitable for headship of the church in Benin as far as they are Igbo.

      On Bini VC-ship, Vince Modebelu that knows nothing about Bini professors would rather hold on to the fiction that only Igbo dons are best suited to head UNIBEN!

      Crap.

      Vince be fair to yourself; discard your weak Delphic non sequitors for a bit and go find out how Igbo solidarity and immense capacity for self serving intrigue lost the VC-ship of an internationally acclaimed social scientist Professor Eghosa Osagie in favour of a little known Nwanze. Or you may want to know how the front running Igbinovia suddenly became vicariously slurred by framed charges of plagiarism that were known to all to have been committed by his PG ward (who wrote from overseas to acknowledge his singular culpability) but yet dragged through the harrowing ordeal of a charade of an investigation in order to ensure his elimination from this last exercise. So much for merit. Abeg make we hear word. The person wey think say na him know pass no de know say him close hin eye! So much for merit a la Igbo. If na Bini man be "Professor" Emeagwali, we no for de show face anywhere for these forums. Dat one na selective merit, abi? We're eagerly awaiting your response to Dr Uyilawa Usuanlele's simple poser to name one non Igbo Bishop in ala Igbo.

      Dis na Christmas o, Vince abeg let me wear my Christmas bottom-box in peace. Let love show, people.

      Cheers,
      CUE

      From: tony egbe <tegbe2003@...>
      Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:13:52 -0800 (PST)
      Subject: [NIgerianWorldForum] Re: [IGBO_FORUM] Re: Crisis rocks Benin Catholic Arch Diocese

      NIGERIANS,

      Here is a Good Case of When the Head gets Infected and Rots, it Naturally affects Every Part of the Body. From the Top Leadership of the Nation, Preaching the Zoning Formula instead of the Best-In-Class to the Leadership Job, who still wonders why the Zoning Formula Should NOT also, apply to Other Leadershippositions, including that of the church, Qualified or NOT? This is still an evidence in the spiral degeneration in every work of life of the nation. Otoiheoma Egbe.