Re: [NIgerianWorldForum] Re : [NaijaPolitics] Which is worse?

  • Chukwuemeka Okala
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 1 1:32 AM

      Ola Ibironke,
      The Book of Malachi 3: 10 says "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

      Ten percent of your earnings belong to God, while the other ninety percent are for you to keep. You rob God when you refuse to pay your tithes, but you bless Him, and in turn He blesses you exceedingly abundantly when bless Him in tithes and offerings.

      The mandate is not only to the Jews, but to all mankind - Jews and Gentiles.

      Have a great day.

      Emeka Reuben Okala
      London, UK

      From: Batokkinc@aol. com <Batokkinc@aol. com>
      To: NIgerianWorldForum@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 10:57 PM

      Your understanding of things when you're not twisting them is suspect and hypocritical.

      In a message dated 8/31/2009 7:11:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, reukal@yahoo. co.uk writes:
      Comment:
      Yes, of course, it's obvious you are missing something. By sacrifice, Jesus did not ask him to go and slaughter a human being. The Tithes and Offering I pay and give in the Church is a form of sacrifice, other forms of donations and contributions I make are a form of sacrifice. You've really got it wrong!

      Emeka Reuben Okala
      London, UK

    • N. H. Ibanga
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 3 7:36 AM
        Bro Adeniba,
        It is a good thing that we are praying for each other. Have a blessed day.

        Publius

        On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Adeniba Adepoyigi <adenibaadepoyigi@...> wrote:

        Bro Publius:

        Oh my bro Publius who has been "commanded" to tell me "the good news of Jesus. Bro, I hate to tell you this. Its all a big, big lie. No one commanded you to do anything. You took it upon yourself because you allowed yourself to be trapped into a belief that you probably knew nothing about how or when it was established. You don't have to accept that fact but it does not take anything away from it. If you did not become a Christian would you still say you had a commandment to tell me about Jesus?

        You should know that I too heard this story of Jesus. But unlike you, I could discern that most of the stories wound around him are simply lies designed to give some people power over others. I am praying too that you may, one day, be able to free yourself so that you can relate to your God as you wish and not according to the dictates of others.

        Adeniba Adepoyigi
        Australia

        From: N. H. Ibanga <ibanga.nh@gmail. com>
        To: NIgerianWorldForum@ yahoogroups. com

        Bro Adeniba,
        Haba, I conclude by your posting here that there are no bases to accept historical records as true since we were not there to see it for ourselves. No b so? So if your grandfather told you something his grandfather told him, you cannot believe him because you were not there. Na wa oh.

        Publius

        On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Adeniba Adepoyigi <adenibaadepoyigi@ yahoo.com. au> wrote:

        "When a tree did not yield fruit for a hungry Jesus, He spoke the word and the tree died" - Nigerian Publius
        ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =====

        Ehn, Bro Publius was there that day and saw the dying tree with his own eyes! This is the problem with you African Christians. If you can believe these sort of fairy tales, why is it so difficult for you to accept that others can believe other fairy tales as well? You ridicule and persecute people for believing the same things you believe. It is not good and you know it.

        Adeniba Adepoyigi
        Australia

        From: N. H. Ibanga <ibanga.nh@gmail. com>
        To: NIgerianWorldForum@ yahoogroups. com

        Hello Pius,
        Do you not find it funny that people would beat up another man (fight for their god) instead of calling on their god to show the man pepper so others can take note? History records a similar event with a more reasonable crows in the Bible's Book of Judges chapter 6. The question was asked,"will you plead for Baal?...... if he be god, let him plead for himself because one has cast down his alter".

        Nigerian Publius

        On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Pius Adesanmi <piusadesanmi@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        Which is worse...

        1) That the man of God in the picture below, who obviously knows zilch about Ogboni, desecrated other peoples right to spiritual expression?

        2)That he found an audience in Lagos who believe that a tree has been affecting business activities in the 21st century?

        3) That people who felt justifibaly offended that he desecrated their space of spirituality  almost lynched him - meaning that we still haven't found a way out of jungle justice in that obodo?

        4)That we still haven't figured a way to separate the science from the myth and the history?

        5)That we'd better not dismiss the seven-day fatwa of the Ogboni man casually - Omode o mo ogun on pe ni efo!

        Anyway, lets see what happens as the saga of contact continues from "Stanley Meets Mutesa" to Things Fall Apart to a tree in Lagos!

        Pius

        Lead Image
        As the shrine’s cloth burned, Mr. Nwafor preached to the crowd. Photo: NEXT

        Man of God ‘desecrates’ Ogboni shrine

        By Ben Ezeamalu
        August 30, 2009 11:11PMT
        Print print Email email Share Share

        A mild drama ensued on Sunday afternoon at Orile Bus stop on the Lagos-Badagry expressway, after Ezinwanne Samuel Nwafor, who claimed to be sent by God, tore a red and white cloth used to decorate a tree alleged to be the shrine of the Ogboni cult and set it ablaze.

        “Last week I heard the tree can speak, that it cannot allow the people building the road to work. So I said OK. I didn’t come here out of my own power because with my own power, I cannot do anything,” said Mr. Nwafor.

        When he arrived at the tree site around midday, he meticulously stripped the tree of the cloth and used a match stick to set it on fire, to the shock of the gathered onlookers.

        He then proceeded to preach the word of God to the crowd, who were still coming to terms with what he’d just done, on the need to repent from idol worship.

        “It is the God in heaven who created the tree, even though there are people worshipping it,” he said.

        A shocked crowd

        The crowd that gathered at the expressway and on the Orile bridge could not believe what they were seeing.

        “This is unbelievable! For this man to actually burn this thing, he must truly be a man of God,” said Paschal Nwoke, an onlooker.

        He said for the past few weeks, the tree had been affecting business activities in the area as most people closed their businesses before 8pm to avoid being used as a sacrifice for the tree.

        In a previous NEXT report about the mysterious tree, residents alleged that about 25 persons will be needed as sacrifice before the tree can be pulled down and while one sacrifice had already been provided, the search for the remaining 24 was still ongoing.

        While other structures and buildings surrounding the tree have been demolished, the tree had remained standing.

        And then came the tree worshippers

        Mr. Nwafor was in the middle of his sermon to the bewildered crowd when a group of young men stormed the scene of the incident and were preparing to lynch him.

        One of the men began asking him who sent him and why he was trying to pull down their god, but Mr. Nwafor quickly cut him short.

        “My brother, there is no other god apart from the Almighty God. If not that the people refused to give me cutlass, I would have cut this thing down. The tree has no power.”

        That was the last thing he said.

        Blows began to descend on him as the young men proceeded to tear his clothes.

        “How can he come and destroy our place of worship? He must not go scot free,” said one of the men, his eyes already spitting fire.

        The preacher was, however, saved by the timely intervention of police officers from the nearby Orile Police Station.

        A police officer from the station, Audu Anthony, refused to say what will become of the man of God.

        “The DPO (Divisional Police Officer) is not around and so we will wait until he comes,” said Mr. Anthony.

        “There is no need to touch the man,” said an elderly worshipper of the tree, “he will die within seven days.”

        "Driving under influence in Nigeria is another thing altogether. Whenever one visits the village, on the day of departure, they will prepare lots of poundo, then bring in several kegs of fresh palmwine along with odeku, to mix it with. You were expected to fill up with poundo and drown it with the foamy stuff "so that you can see the road clearly"! The next day, you would hear that the man drove into a tree, and it was not caused by the drink but by his father's third wife! I miss home." - Ochi Dabari

        Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local. Get started.