RE: BAGA MASSACRE: CISLAC CONDEMNS MILITARY BRUTALITY ON INNOCENT CIVILIANS

  • Igietseme, Joseph (CDC/OID/NCEZID)
    Message 1 of 115 , Apr 30, 2013

      Nigerians are just emotional wretches, a confused bunch of people who like to eat their cake and still hold it in their hands! Let them go see how laws are enforced around the world and they will realized that the baby gloves with which the Govt and people are handling Boko Haram is mainly responsible for why the situation is till not under control.

      A bunch of mindless, rag-tag religionists cannot hold a nation to ransom and render citizens’ live in a standstill; NO WAY!!! Take care. JUI

      Message 115 of 115 , May 8, 2013
        Hehehehehehe!

        Anything else...?

        Of course, referring to people older than you as 'mindless bad-mouthers and crazy cynics' are not insults - coming from the great Igietseme, they are 'compliments'!

        Keep it up, Joe!

        On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM, jigietseme <jigietseme@...> wrote:

        Egbon Val Ojo,

        Y're IGNORED!  I realized Stevek is probably a candidate for the Valentine Ojo's sect of mindless bad-mouthers and crazy cynics. Goodluck to him! Take care. JUI

        T-Mobile. America's First Nationwide 4G Network.

        From: Stevek
        Date: 5/8/2013 10:15 AM
        To: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com;naijaintellects@googlegroups com;usaafricadialogue@...;rafsanjanikano@...;
        Cc: 'Yan Arewa';Raayiriga@yahoogroups.com;

        Joe,

        Why are you making this a personal issue? Just because we are friends, I shouldn't criticize your public statements about issues that affect 160 million fellow countrymen? Especially, one in which you appear to favor making the Nigerian military law enforcer, judge, and excutioner, all in one? Read what I wrote that you are responding to again.

        Now, for starters, how do you know that everything your statement about the Boko Haram suspects are true? Who told you?

        That's exactly, the point I am making. The arresting officers in a law enforcement system have information about who they arrest. According to universla public law, this information about the suspects have to be presented to a competent court of law who will hear the infomation you have presented below on behalf of the Nigerian law enforecers and provide the evidence to support charges.

        Then the court decides on the merit of the ccusation, makes its judgnment, and then the law enforcement can freely shoot the convicts if the court finds them guilty of the charges - based on the presented evidence - and shoots them if that is what the courts decide.

        That is 'Due Process'. That is what is done in Atlanta and Washington. And that is what I am talking about.

        If you disagree with this and prefer the Police to shoot suspects on the scene or in custody, based on their own conclusions, and interpret my clearly-stated comments to mean "suggesting that the next time the security agents confront Boko Haram members, the agents should smile and offer candies or akara first before attempting to arrest and prosecute them by “due process”", then you should, indeed, ignore me because we are not even talking in the same language.

        Seriously, are having difficulty understanding that what I object to in the behavior of military law enforcers with Boko Haram suspects (or any other suspects) is killing them after they've been arrested or apprehended instead of giving them Due Process (sending them to a competent court of law) and not the manner in which they are confronted and arrested?

        The following excerpt is part of a story Elombah.com posted this morning:

        MAIDUGURI, Nigeria — A fresh load of battered corpses arrived, 29 of them in a routine delivery by the Nigerian military to the hospital morgue here. Unexpectedly, three bodies started moving. “They were not properly shot,” recalled a security official here. “I had to call the J.T.F.” — the military’s joint task force — “and they gunned them down.”

        Is this what you are justifying and claiming is done in Atlanta and Washington?

        As Africans, we have to learn to think or perish.

        Stevek
        Washington, DC, USA

        A society of supine lambs breeds erect wolves. - Stevek
        A wise man proportions his beliefs to the evidence - David Hume