Re: Cardinal Arinze R eacts to Pope’s Res ignation

  • OlaKassimMD@...
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013

      2.    The Pope is also called the “infallible”,--JUI

      JUI:

      Do you truly believe that the Pope is infallible?

      If he is why did he need to apologize for his statement
      about Islam being a religion founded on and spread
      by violence and intimidation-- statement many believe
      has a ring of truth in it, while others might also argue
      that Christianity itself also had a violent history (e.g.
      the crusades! The statement might be true--but the Pope
      should not have repeated the medieval statement he had quoted
      about the origin of another major religion.
      No human being is infallible as the Pope would readily admit.

      I repeat the Pope is a flesh and blood human being
      like you and I--whose religious calling, piety and knowledge was deemed
      worthy enough to be elected by his Peers --the Cardinals at the last conclave.

      We may never know whether the vote for Pope Benedict was unanimous, a landslide majority
      or a close one. If it was a close vote one could surmise that each and everyone
      of the Cardinals could have been voted to assume the position of the
      Pope instead of Pope Benedict VI. If I remember correctly, some bookmakers in London
      were putting Cardinal Arinze as the odds on favorite to become the Pope before the
      conclave that elected Pope Benedict VI.

      Bye,

      Ola

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013

        Kunle,

        If the Pope looks JUI in the eye, and say to me: God told me to resign, even as I am in his miracle service, assuring people that if they believe in God all will be FINE, I will accept the resignation! But for now, I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE POPE’S RESIGNATION because his quitting move is diminution of God’s Abilities that I believe are infinite! Take care. JUI

        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013

          Brother Ade,

          Jesus appointed Peter to be the head of his Church on earth; and all Popes are “successors” of Peter, the Rock!! Go read the Bible again. Take care. JUI

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013

            Dr. kassim,

            How about items # 3 and 4, and others:

            3.    As a Spiritual leader, the Pope is in the business of mysteries, the supernatural and miracles; if the Pope does not believe he can healed MIRACULOUSLY while in the business of representing and serving God, how can the Pope counsel people to Hope for Divine intervention when they face challenges?

            4.    If the Pope QUITS God’s work for whatever reason, who will hang in there doing a burdensome mortal job when challenged? This is not about refusing to hang tough in an office for selfish reasons; this is about abandoning God’s work, when facing God-made, natural challenges because either the Pope didn’t sufficiently believe that God’s miracles will prevail or he wants to follow the path of self preservation!

            Just checking because you addressed the infallible? Can we assume you don’t have issues with other positions I have on this Pope’s resignation? Take care. JUI

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013

              Joe:

              Before they were Pope(s)--were they not first human?

              Did Pope Benedict not join the Youth Nazi Society--
              just like any other German youth could have done when he was a teenager.

              Do you believe that the Almighty God  talks to the Pope?

              Bye,

              Ola

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013

                Egbon Val,

                Why are you focusing on the consolatory acceptance of the shocking development by Cardinal Arinze but you are ignoring his wonderment expressed as follow:

                The Pope’s Resignation “… was a surprise, like thunder…””; and………..Some people may be so shaken that it might shake their perception….”””?

                Is your selectivity is disingenuous? Just checking. Take care. JUI

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 14, 2013
                  1. Peter was an illiterate fisherman.

                  He never headed any church!

                  2. Thje Papacy did not begin until the Catholic Church was officially founded and adopted as the Roman Church, more than 3 centuries after Jesus died, and after many battles as to which Bishop would be considered the senior most bishop of Rome!

                  3. Peter was a Jew!

                  ALL the early Popes were Romans cum Italians!

                  JUI, you are totally IGNORANT of the history of the Roman Catholic Church!

                  But then, IGNORANCE is bliss!

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013
                    The Council at Nicaea in AD 325 was convened by Constantine to decide on the 'Divinity' of Jesus; the Trinity; etc. The bishops who attended could not agree on his divinity so they had to VOTE. Two-third voted 'Yes' while the bishops who defied the Emperor and voted 'No' were removed from their posts and exiled. Subsequently, Eusebius was (in AD 331) asked to prepare new versions of the gospels to reflect the decisions reached at the Council. All earlier 'conflicting' versions were seized and destroyed.

                    From: Valentine Ojo <elewuoye@...>
                    Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 01:05:06 -0500
                    To: Nigerian ID<nigerianid@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                    Cc: Igietseme, Joseph (CDC/OID/NCEZID)<jbi8@...>; adenibaadepoyigi@...<adenibaadepoyigi@...>; udeamauche@...<udeamauche@...>; azkk@...<azkk@...>; emekaugwuonye@...<emekaugwuonye@...>; ogban_ulisa@...<ogban_ulisa@...>; ofashedemi@...<ofashedemi@...>; piusadesanmi@...<piusadesanmi@...>; pcdbooks@...<pcdbooks@...>; batokkinc@...<batokkinc@...>; salihumustafa@...<salihumustafa@...>; enugbua@...<enugbua@...>; sujikolawole@...<sujikolawole@...>; idehen559@...<idehen559@...>; traji@...<traji@...>; waleojolanre@...<waleojolanre@...>; yakubu.usman@...<yakubu.usman@...>

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013
                      Olola,

                      If I had the power, I would daub you a knight of the Church and confer on you the title of Fidel Defensor  (Defender of the Faith) for your attempt to explain to Joe; you being a Moslem and he being a confessed Catholic.

                      Joe is mistaking the papacy for do or die PDP politics. He also needs to know what it means to be a Catholic before he deigns to speak for Catholics. I suggest a refresher cathechism class because soem of the things he seems not to know about the Catholic Church and the papacy are just fundamental doctrine and doesn't even rise to the level of Canonical Theology or Christology that is required to fully understand what is going on in Rome.

                      For one thing, 'Infallibilbity' of the Supreme Pontiff only refers to his inability to make a mistake ONLY in doctrinal matters; it doesn't mean he cannot make everyday mistake of bad judgement.

                      I frankly don't know why Joe is preoccupied with something he seems to be completely unfamiliar with.

                      Not everything has two sides; and this is one of them.

                      As Africans, we have to learn to think or perish.

                      Stevek
                      Washington, DC, USA
                      A society of supine lambs breeds erect wolves. - Stevek
                      A wise man proportions his beliefs to the evidence - David Hume

                      -----Original Message-----From: Igietseme, Joseph (CDC/OID/NCEZID) (CDC/OID/NCEZID) <jbi8@...>To: YanArewa <YanArewa@yahoogroups.com>; NaijaObserver <NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; 'olakassimmd@...' <olakassimmd@...>; elewuoye <elewuoye@...>; nigerianid <nigerianid@yahoogroups.com>Cc: adenibaadepoyigi <adenibaadepoyigi@...>; udeamauche <udeamauche@...>; azkk <azkk@...>; emekaugwuonye <emekaugwuonye@...>; ogban_ulisa <ogban_ulisa@...>; ofashedemi <ofashedemi@...>; piusadesanmi <piusadesanmi@...>; pcdbooks <pcdbooks@...>; batokkinc <batokkinc@...>; salihumustafa <salihumustafa@...>; enugbua <enugbua@...>; sujikolawole <sujikolawole@...>; idehen559 <idehen559@...>; traji <traji@...>; waleojolanre <waleojolanre@...>; yakubu.usman <yakubu.usman@...>; NIgerianWorldForum <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Fri, Feb 15, 2013 12:26 amSubject: RE: {'Yan Arewa} Re: ||NaijaObserver|| RE: Cardinal Arinze Reacts to Pope’s Resignation

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013
                        If I had the power, I would daub you a knight of the Church and confer on you the title of Fidel Defensor  (Defender of the Faith) for your attempt to explain to Joe; you being a Moslem and he being a confessed Catholic. (Stekek)

                        Stevek,
                        You confuse being born into a muslim family with being a muslim. Ola Kazeem appears to be a christian, or has exhibited more christian sentiments on his outings on naija listservs. And there is nothing wrong that. My intervention is only to set the record straight.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 15, 2013

                          Pope Benedict to seek immunity and protection from Italian President Giorgio Napolitano on February 23

                          Posted on February 14, 2013 by itccs

                          International Tribunal calls on Napolitano to "not collude in criminality", and announces global campaign to occupy Vatican property and launch human rights inquiry in Italy

                          Rome (9 am local time):
                          Pope Benedict, Joseph Ratzinger, has scheduled a meeting with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano for Saturday, February 23 to discuss securing protection and immunity from prosecution from the Italian government, according to Italian media sources.
                          Ratzinger's meeting follows upon the apparent receipt by the Vatican of a diplomatic note from an undisclosed European government on February 4, stating its intention to issue an arrest warrant for Ratzinger, who resigned from his pontificate less than a week later.
                          In response to the February 23 meeting, the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS), through its field Secretary, Rev. Kevin Annett, has written to President Napolitano, asking him to refrain from assisting Ratzinger in evading justice.
                          The ITCCS letter states, in part,
                          "I need not remind you, Mr. President, that under international law and treaties that have been ratified by Italy, you and your government are forbidden from granting such protection to those like Joseph Ratzinger who have aided and abetted criminal actions, such as ordering Bishops and Cardinals in America and elsewhere to protect known child rapists among their clergy.
                          "Your obligation to the Vatican through the Lateran Treaty does not negate or nullify the requirements of these higher moral and international laws; nor does it require that you give any protection or immunity to a single individual like Joseph Ratzinger, especially after he has left his papal office."
                          A copy of the complete text of the ITCCS letter follows.
                          In response to the documented crimes of child torture, trafficking and genocide linked to Pope Benedict and Vatican officials, the ITCCS will be sponsoring a series of ongoing protests and occupations of Roman Catholic churches and offices through its affiliates around the world beginning in Easter week, March 24-31, 2013, and continuing indefinitely.
                          These actions will accompany the legal efforts to bring Joseph Ratzinger and other Vatican officials to trial for their proven complicity in crimes against humanity and criminal conspiracy.
                          The Easter Reclamation Campaign will seize church property and assets to prevent their use by child raping priests, who are protected under Catholic canon law. Citizens have this right to defend their communities and children when the authorities refuse to do so, under international law.
                          Rev. Kevin Annett and an official delegation from the ITCCS Central Office will also be convening a formal human rights inquiry in Rome commencing the week of May 13, 2013, to consider further charges against the Vatican and its new Pope  for crimes against humanity and obstruction of justice.
                          Rev. Annett and his delegation will be working with organizations across Italy in this investigation. In 2009 and 2010, he held rallies outside the Vatican and met with media and human rights groups across Italy to charge the Vatican with the death of more than 50,000 aboriginal children in Canada.

                          ——————-

                          An Open Letter and Appeal to Giorgio Napolitano, President of the Republic of Italy from Rev. Kevin D. Annett, Secretary of the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State

                          Al Presdente della Repubblica Italiana Giorgio Napolitano
                          Presidenza della Repubblica
                          c/o Palazzo del Quirinale
                          00187 Roma
                          Italia

                          Dear President Napolitano,
                          On behalf of our Tribunal and people of conscience everywhere, and of the millions of victims of church abuse, I am making an appeal to you regarding your upcoming meeting with Joseph Ratzinger, who will retire soon as Pope Benedict, the Pontiff of the Church of Rome.
                          Our understanding is that, in the wake of pressure to have him resign his office because of his proven complicity in concealing child trafficking in his church and other crimes against humanity, Joseph Ratzinger is seeking the assistance of the Italian government in securing protection and immunity from legal prosecution.
                          I need not remind you, Mr. President, that under international law and treaties that have been ratified by Italy, you and your government are forbidden from granting such protection to those like Jospeh Ratzinger who have aided and abetted criminal actions, such as ordering Bishops and Cardinals in America and elsewhere to protect known child rapists among their clergy.
                          Your obligation to the Vatican through the Lateran Treaties does not negate or nullify the requirements of these higher moral and international laws; nor does it require that you give any protection or immunity to a single individual like Joseph Ratzinger, especially after he has left his papal office.
                          The need for you to abide by international law and not be seen to collude with Joseph Ratzinger is even more true when one considers the enormity of the crimes of which the Vatican and its highest officials are clearly guilty, according to considerable evidence gathered and documented by our Tribunal and other groups, and acknowledged by many governments.
                          In Canada alone, the Roman Catholic Church and its Vatican agents have been found guilty of responsibility for genocide and the deaths of at least 50,000 aboriginal child children in the Jesuit-initiated Indian residential school system, that operated until 1996.
                          In Ireland, more than 10,000 women suffered and were exploited in the Catholic-run Magdalene Laundries, where many of them died. Similar church-run institutions all over the world have caused enormous mortality, disease and ruination for millions of children. And yet the church has never been held accountable or prosecuted for these deaths and the theft of enormous wealth from entire nations.
                          With the recent initiative of at least one European government and a host of lawyers to bring Joseph Ratzinger and other church officials to trial for these crimes, we feel it is incumbent on you neither to assist nor to be seen to assist or condone the attempt by him to evade, obstruct or delay justice, lest you open yourself to a charge of being an accessory to a crime.
                          On behalf of our Tribunal and of many people who cannot speak, I call on you to stand on the law of nations and humanity, and offer no support or protection to Joseph Ratzinger or his accessories in their efforts to evade responsibility for their proven crimes.
                          I look forward to your reply, and to discussing this with you more when I visit your country in May with a human rights delegation to investigate this matter more closely.
                          Sincerely,
                          Kevin D. Annett, M.A., M.Div.
                          Secretary, The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State
                          Central Office, Brussels
                          cc: world media

                          To: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com; jbi8@...; YanArewa@yahoogroups.com; NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com; elewuoye@...; nigerianid@yahoogroups.com
                          CC: adenibaadepoyigi@...; udeamauche@...; azkk@...; emekaugwuonye@...; ogban_ulisa@...; ofashedemi@...; piusadesanmi@...; pcdbooks@...; batokkinc@...; salihumustafa@...; enugbua@...; sujikolawole@...; idehen559@...; traji@...; waleojolanre@...; yakubu.usman@...