Re: MARK, TAMBUWAL, OTHERS, HOUSES TO GULP BILLIONS!

  • Valentine Ojo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      Yomi Gidado:

      Could you please help me out here and translate what you wrote below into SIMPLE ENGLISH such that a "commoner" like me can better understand what it is that you are talking about...since I am only "right in some way"...

      Are the "government officials" not recruited from among "common Nigerians"...?

      Or are "government officials" a special breed of "uncommon Nigerians"...?

      I don't quite get it...

      "It is not just about us as Nigerians or Africans but about a structured system that keeps foisting on us the worst set of people as our rulers!"

      And who was it that put in place that "structured system that keeps foisting on us the worst set of people as our rulers"...some Green Aliens from Mars  maybe...?

      What kind of "structured system"...?

      Who "structured the system"...?

      Please help me out here...

      Thank you!

      On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Yomi GIDADO <tayogi65@...> wrote:

      Val, you are right in some ways. But we must all appreciate the impact of expenditures that either do not connect with growth or inhibit development for a faltering democracy like ours. The degree of prebendalism that has been exhibited by this government (in close to two years) tells a lot about the seriousness of this government in fighting corruption; or, perhaps, its mental capacity to understand the implication of such spending for trust in government. Individuals who indulge in unguided spending will come to face the excruciating effect of such ill informed decision--they invariably become direct victims of bad decisions. But when government officials do this, it is the ordinary Nigerians that suffer from the lack of wisdom ingrained in such spending. Government officials enjoy such senseless spending.So there is a difference between those who enjoy and those who are victims when government indulge in unwise spending--that clearly shows a lack of patriotism. It is not just about us as Nigerians or Africans but about a structured system that keeps foisting on us the worst set of people as our rulers!