Re: ARE AFRICANS FOOLS FOREVER? Guardian Editorial: Libya's crisis and Nigeria's foreign policy

  • tope fasua
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
      OGA IBK

      Ordinarily I would not reply you.  But I will take an exception here.

      My quarrel is the manner of removal.  Did you see those Nigerian boys who were nearly murdered by the rebels?  Maybe you did, and didnt care...

      I am saying you cannot build a good building on a false foundation.  I am saying we are being deceived that the goal is altruistic.  That is also what the Guardian said.  That is an editorial opinion, and involved the sitting together of learned people to arrive at the conclusion

      I think if you try hard enough - as you usually do - you will try and pick a hole in any position.  After all you are a lawyer.

      I say you fit SQUARELY into the pathology that Lugard, Macpherson and co described.  How?

      1.  YOU ARE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT NOW!!!

      2.  YOU HAVE BEEN EASILY SWAYED AND CAPTURED BY WHAT YOU WERE SHOWN

      3.  YOUR POSITION IGNORES THE PAST.  WHAT THE GUARDIAN DESCRIBED IS APT; THAT WHEN COUNTRIES ARE DESTROYED IN THE NAME OF 'INTERVENTION', THEIR RESERVES ARE USED TO 'REBUILD'.  SO THEIR RESERVES END UP IN OTHER PEOPLE'S POCKETS.  SEE BELOW LIBYA'S RESERVES, WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THEIR SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUND AND OTHER INVESTMENTS.  THAT IS THE MONEY THAT THE WEST SEIZED AND AND NOW DISBURSING PIECEMEAL TO REBELS.  THEIR 'INVESTMENT' IN BOMBING THE PLACE OUT, WILL BE RECOUPED WITH MASSIVE PROFIT FROM THOSE RESERVES AND MORE.  BRITAIN, BROKE AS IT IS, HAS SPENT CLOSE TO 500MILLION POUNDS ON THIS 'CIVIL WAR'

      3B. MARK ME, IN A YEAR OR TWO, YOU WILL HEAR JOURNALISTS AROUND THE WORLD SAYING THEY REGRET SUPPORTING THE WAR.  BUT THEY OFTEN REGRET.  THEY HAVENT STOPPED REGRETTING IRAQ.  YOU ARE IN THAT BASKET TOO.  BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO LEARN FROM HISTORY, AS LUGARD AND CO HAD SAID YOUR ANCESTORS DONT.

      4.  YOUR POSITION IGNORES THE FUTURE, AS LUGARD ALSO SAID.  NOTE HE SAID 'THE MOST REMARKABLE TRAITS OF THESE PEOPLE IS THEIR LACK OF APPREHENSION AND INABILITY TO IMAGINE THE FUTURE'.  IN FUTURE, YOUR RACE IS CONDEMNED TO REPEAT THE PAST BECAUSE THEY HAVENT LEARNT FROM IT.  WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR AFRICA, WHEN SOME OTHER PEOPLE DECIDE TO MILITARISE IT BY DUMPING GUNS WITH REBELS AND THEN LOOK AWAY WHEN PEOPLE START TO KILL THEMSELVES?  HOW DID WE GET HERE SEF?  IN THE COLD WAR ERA, SEE BELOW, COUPS WERE EITHER FUNDED, INSTIGATED OR EXECUTED BY THE AMERICANS, OR BY THE COMMUNISTS.  GADDAFI WAS A PRODUCT OF THAT ERA.  SO ALSO WERE NZEOGWU, IRONSI, MURTALA, OBASANJO, BUHARI, IBB, ABACHA AND ABDULSALAM.  THE 'CRASH-LANDING' OF AFRICA'S ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT AFTER INDEPENDENCE, CAUSED BY THE KILLING OF LUMUMBA, AND THE DISPLACEMENT OF NKRUMAH ETC, IS WHAT WE ARE STILL SUFFERING FROM TODAY.  BUT I GUESS YOU DONT CARE, BECAUSE LIKE LUGARD SAID, YOU ARE ONLY FOCUSED ON TE NOW NOW NOW.  GIVE A BLACK MAN BEER AND MEAT, AND HE FORGETS ALL HIS PROBLEMS.

      I WATCHED A CLIP BY ONE AFRICAN GUY ON BBC RECENTLY, WHO TALKS ABOUT BUSINESS IN AFRICA, AND HE WENT ON WITH MUCH GLEE, THAT THE ECONOMY OF SOUTH SUDAN - THE NEW COUNTRY - WILL BOOM, BECAUSE THE 'BREWERY' IS NOW PERFORMING OPTIMALLY.  THOSE NEGROES ARE BEING GIVEN BEER, THEY GET DRUNK AND FORGET TO PLAN FOR THE FUTURE, AS IS OBSERVED BELOW BY MISSIONARIES IN AFRICA.  STILL YOU HAVENT CHANGED, AND I CANNOT HELP YOU.  I CAN ONLY TELL YOU THAT THE BLACK RACE WILL ONE DAY, ONE DAY, FACE EXTINCTION, BECAUSE OUR HISTORY IS ONE OF FOREIGN INTERVENTION, AND AS THEY SAY, IF YOU DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING, SOMEONE ELSE WITH TAKE YOU SOMEWHERE ELSE.  GO AHEAD AND PUNCTURE HOLES IN MY ARGUMENT. BUT SEE BELOW;

      A Jamaican planter, Edward Long, had, around the same time stated that Africans were;

      ‘devoid of genius and seem almost incapable of making any progress in civility or science.  They have no plan or system of morality among them...’

      These views reflect those of some of the colonial prefects who were present in Africa at that time, and some had been captured in earlier chapters.  To the effect that the Africans were seen as inferior, especially by clergy men and believers, there was therefore no limits to the evil that could be meted out to them.  Those who revolted at the point of being taken were brutalised and broken, as if they were  horses, and for many were summarily put down by the force of superior firepower.

      More.  The great explorer David Livingstone, had this to say about Africans, when he wrote about the people of Bechuanaland (present-day South Africa);

      ‘The population is sunk into the very lowest state of moral degradation.  So much so indeed it must be difficult or rather impossible for Christians at home to realise anything like an accurate notion of the grossness which shrouds their minds.  No one can conceive the state in which they live.  Their ideas are all earthly and it is with great difficulty that they can be brought to detach (them) from sensual objects... All their clothing is soaked in fat, hence mine is soon soiled.  And to sit among them from day to day and listen  to their roaring music, is enough to give one a disgust to heathenism forever.  If not gorged full of meat and beer they are grumbling, and when their stomachs are satisfied, then commenced the noise termed singing.’

      Robert Moffat, the founder of the London Missionary Society, also wrote about blacks in the Missionary Magazine;

      ‘Indifference and stupidity form the wreath on every brow; ignorance – the grossest ignorance – forms the basis of every heart.  Things earthly, sensual and devilish, stimulate to motion and mirth, while the great concerns of the soul’s redemption appear to them like a ragged garment, in which they see neither loveliness or worth...  We preach, we converse, we cathecize but without the least apparent success.  Only satiate their mendicant spirit by perpetually giving and you are all that is good.   But refuse to meet their endless demands, their theme of praise is turned to ridicule and abuse’.

      I KNOW THESE POSITIONS MAY SOUND EXTREME, BUT IF WE ARE STILL DOING THINGS THE WAY THESE GUYS ABOVE SAID, THEN INDEED THEIR PROGNOSIS OF AFRICANS MUST BE CORRECT.  SEE LIBYA'S RESERVES - SAVED BY THE MUCH MALIGNED GADDAFI, BELOW, AND NOTE NIGERIA'S PROBABLY HAS GONE BELOW $30BILLION

      List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

      Foreign exchange reserves
      (Millions of USD)
      ↓
      Figures as of
      ↓
       World (sum of all countries)N/A--
      1 People's Republic of China
      2,622,000Dec 2010[1]
      2 Japan1,137,809Jun 2011[2]
      -European Union Eurosystem
      (EU member states which have adopted the euro, incl. ECB)
      852,622May 2011[2]
      3 Russia524,527Jun 2011[2]
      4 Saudi Arabia456,200Dec 2010[1]
      5 Republic of China (Taiwan)387,200Dec 2010[1]
      6 Brazil335,775Jun 2011[2]
      7 India318,220Aug 2011[2]
      8 Republic of Korea305,084May 2011[2]
      9 Switzerland288,590May 2011[2]
      -Hong Kong Hong Kong277,206Jun 2011[2]
      10 Singapore249,149Jul 2011[2]
      11 Germany230,879Jun 2011[2]
    • tope fasua
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
[...]

        List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

        Foreign exchange reserves
        (Millions of USD)
        ↓
        Figures as of
        ↓
         World (sum of all countries)N/A--
        1 People's Republic of China
        2,622,000Dec 2010[1]
        2 Japan1,137,809Jun 2011[2]
        -European Union Eurosystem
        (EU member states which have adopted the euro, incl. ECB)
        852,622May 2011[2]
        3 Russia524,527Jun 2011[2]
        4 Saudi Arabia456,200Dec 2010[1]
        5 Republic of China (Taiwan)387,200Dec 2010[1]
        6 Brazil335,775Jun 2011[2]
        7 India318,220Aug 2011[2]
        8 Republic of Korea305,084May 2011[2]
        9 Switzerland288,590May 2011[2]
        -Hong Kong Hong Kong277,206Jun 2011[2]
        10 Singapore249,149Jul 2011[2]
        11 Germany230,879Jun 2011[2]
        12 Thailand185,471May 2011[2]
        13 France182,167May 2011[2]
        14 Italy169,558May 2011[2]
        15 Algeria150,100Dec 2010[1]
        16 United States142,931Jul 2011[2]
        17 Malaysia132,750May 2011[2]
        18 Mexico131,174May 2011[2]
        19 Indonesia118,109May 2011[2]
        20 United Kingdom114,180Jun 2011[2]
        21
      • okoiadvocate@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
          Why are you so enamoured by all these racist ideologies peddled by racist academics to justify colonialism? The European gulped more beer than African; so what are you saying?

          From: tope fasua <topsyfash@...>
          Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
          To: ibk@...<ibk@...>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; AfricanTalk<africantalk@yahoogroups.com>; Valentine Ojo<elewuoye@...>; NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; NAIJA POLITICS<naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com<NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com>; naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com<naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com<NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; NigerianID@yahoogroups.com<NigerianID@yahoogroups.com>; nigeria360@yahoogroups.com<nigeria360@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [NIgerianWorldForum] Re: ARE AFRICANS FOOLS FOREVER? Guardian Editorial: Libya's crisis and Nigeria's foreign policy

[...]

          List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

          Foreign exchange reserves
          (Millions of USD)
          ↓
          Figures as of
          ↓
[...]
        • Iyke Ajitona
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011

             "After all you are a lawyer." Fasua

            See, that is the problem, Nigerian lawyers are assumed to be smart simply because they call themselves "learned." Have a conversation with some of them and you will puke at their ignorance. And no other professionals represent the idiotic nature of Nigerians more than lawyers who after 50 years of independence still parade in disgusting wig and gown and confine themselves to wearing only dreary black and white attire while referring to fellow human beings as "My Lord". See what they have turned the judiciary into with their clannish hierarchy nonsense. And I'm waiting for lawyers to bring it on so I can give you some more. Shameless people.
            Iyke

            Sent from my iPad

            On Sep 1, 2011, at 8:03 AM, tope fasua <topsyfash@...> wrote:

[...]

            List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

            Foreign exchange reserves
            (Millions of USD)
            ↓
            Figures as of
            ↓
[...]
          • Valentine Ojo
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
              Tope Fasua:

              I duff my hat to you!

              Reading you, and the original sources you bring fort - many of which I am not even aware of, despite having read extensively in this area - I am learning a whole lot of new facts and information from you.

              Thank you for broadening my education.

              Most of people have really not changed much from how these early European explorers and fortune seekers perceived us. It becomes to me more and more why a handful of European adventurers were able to subdue us, enslave us, abuse and colonize us for centuries without our rebelling - even today, we glorify and relish in what they have done to us, and what phony copies - caricatures - of themselves that they have made of our even best and brightest!

              Look at how our military still dress and parade.

              Look at the ridiculous attires our judges and lawyers - wigs and winter capes in 98 Degrees in the shade - wear.

              Look at the ridiculous laws we quote in our judicial rulings: Section Y of Subsection A, B, C as amended in the Amendment to the Constitution of 19 Gbiringidi!

              All just to pervert justice, legalize criminality and commit legal fraud!

              Our children can barely still speak our African languages, and yet the English most of them claim to speak is outrageous - to put it mildly.

              Tope, once again, thank you for the education.

              Dr. Valentine Ojo
              Presidential Aspirant 2015
              Tall Timbers, MD

              On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:08 AM, tope fasua <topsyfash@...> wrote:
[...]

              List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

              Foreign exchange reserves
              (Millions of USD)
              ↓
              Figures as of
              ↓
[...]
              21  Poland 109,146 Jun 2011[2]
            • waleadeoye90@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                Also in Libya, no one is homeless. I visited a University in Libya, to my surprise, you can go into the cafeteria and eat as many times as you wish, free. A friend with me did full medical check up, it was free. In Nigeria, the same check will cost about 500,000naira. Ghadaffi stayed too long in Libya, but that isn't the reason for the attack by the West: the real reason is oil. Ghadaffi's overthrow is a big blow to existing and budding revolutionary movements all over the world. While in Libya, I discovered that Ghadaffi was more tolerant of women rights, unlike other Arab countries. He also never tolerated Al Queda while he gave safe haven to hundreds of thousands of Africans, mostly Nigerians who are currently being killed by the rebels. Black native Libyans live in Agadez, Bath, in millions, a black man was Ghadaffi's second in command. Before his 1969 revolution, blacks in Libya faced extinction, this threat will certainly be rekindled as we see under the rebels. Saudi Arabia is one of the most brutal oligachies in the World, yet the eternal rulers are having a free day!

                From: tope fasua <topsyfash@...>
                Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
                To: ibk@...<ibk@...>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; AfricanTalk<africantalk@yahoogroups.com>; Valentine Ojo<elewuoye@...>; NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; NAIJA POLITICS<naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com<NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com>; naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com<naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com<NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; NigerianID@yahoogroups.com<NigerianID@yahoogroups.com>; nigeria360@yahoogroups.com<nigeria360@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

                List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

                Foreign exchange reserves
                (Millions of USD)
                ↓
                Figures as of
                ↓
              • alaremu2007@yahoo.co.uk
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                  Comrade, I think we should all rise in unison to galvanise our cadres across the land to stand up against these terror been metted against our people. We are duty bound to reach out to the world with these facts, let their embassy here in nigeria feel the heat
                  Buska

                  From: waleadeoye90@...
                  Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:41:04 +0000
                  To: <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>

                  From: tope fasua <topsyfash@...>
                  Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
                  To: ibk@...<ibk@...>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; AfricanTalk<africantalk@yahoogroups.com>; Valentine Ojo<elewuoye@...>; NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; NAIJA POLITICS<naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com<NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com>; naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com<naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com<NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; NigerianID@yahoogroups.com<NigerianID@yahoogroups.com>; nigeria360@yahoogroups.com<nigeria360@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

                  List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

                  Foreign exchange reserves
                  (Millions of USD)
                  ↓
                  Figures as of
                  ↓
                   World (sum of all countries)N/A--
                  1http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg/22px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png People's Republic of China
                  2,622,000Dec 2010[1]
                  2http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Flag_of_Japan.svg/22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan1,137,809Jun 2011[2]
                  -European Union Eurosystem
                  (EU member states which have adopted the euro, incl. ECB)
                  852,622May 2011[2]
                  3http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Flag_of_Russia.svg/22px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia524,527Jun 2011[2]
                  4http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg/22px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png Saudi Arabia456,200Dec 2010[1]
                  5http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg/22px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png Republic of China (Taiwan)387,200Dec 2010[1]
                  6http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Flag_of_Brazil.svg/22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil335,775Jun 2011[2]
                  7http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Flag_of_India.svg/22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India318,220Aug 2011[2]
                  8http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Flag_of_South_Korea.svg/22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Republic of Korea305,084May 2011[2]
                  9http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Flag_of_Switzerland.svg/17px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Switzerland288,590May 2011[2]
                  -Hong Kong Hong Kong277,206Jun 2011[2]
                  10http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/Flag_of_Singapore.svg/22px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore249,149Jul 2011[2]
                  11http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Flag_of_Germany.svg/22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany230,879Jun 2011[2]
                  12http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a9/Flag_of_Thailand.svg/22px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png Thailand185,471May 2011[2]
                  13http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Flag_of_France.svg/22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France182,167May 2011[2]
                  14http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Flag_of_Italy.svg/22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy169,558May 2011[2]
                  15http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/77/Flag_of_Algeria.svg/22px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png Algeria150,100Dec 2010[1]
                  16http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States142,931Jul 2011[2]
                  17http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Flag_of_Malaysia.svg/22px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png Malaysia132,750May 2011[2]
                  18http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/22px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico131,174May 2011
                • Abraham Madu
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                    "I say you fit SQUARELY into the pathology that Lugard, Macpherson and co described.  How?

                    1.  YOU ARE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT NOW!!!

                    2.  YOU HAVE BEEN EASILY SWAYED AND CAPTURED BY WHAT YOU WERE SHOWN

                    3.  YOUR POSITION IGNORES THE PAST."byTope Fausa

                    From: tope fasua <topsyfash@...>
                    Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
                    To: ibk@...<ibk@...>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; AfricanTalk<africantalk@yahoogroups.com>; Valentine Ojo<elewuoye@...>; NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; NAIJA POLITICS<naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com<NaijapoliticsForums@yahoogroups.com>; naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com<naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com<NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; NigerianID@yahoogroups.com<NigerianID@yahoogroups.com>; nigeria360@yahoogroups.com<nigeria360@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

                    List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

                    Foreign exchange reserves
                    (Millions of USD)
                    ↓
                    Figures as of
                    ↓
[...]
                    18http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/22px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico131,174May 2011[2]
                    19http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Flag_of_Indonesia.svg/22px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png Indonesia118,109May 2011[2]
                    20
                  • tope fasua
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                      Egbon Val

                      Can I say I am overwhelmed and flabbergasted. And absolutely humbled to get a compliment from a guru, who inspires me to be undaunted in my quest to contribute my little quota to the emancipation of our people, or at least to get our people to live more meaningful lives.  Who am I?  The problem I see with our people is a certain inability to 'flow-chart' the problem on hand, by considering all the pros and cons.  The most cerebral of us, is wont to conclude that all the problem is ours, that until the day we save ourselves, nothing will happen.  On the other end of the spectrum, some very smart Nigerians/Africans will also point to the role of the white man.  I say, we must bring the two together.  While we must show the highest level of patriotism and think for ourselves in emancipating our country, we must find ways to beat back the debilitating effects of global competition otherwise called externalities by we economists.  Please see below, a list of coups - many funded by the world's best 'democracies', who will want us to believe they are next to God in holiness as we speak.  Not their faults though.  It is the fault of pseudo-modernists amongst us, who take the mantra hook, line and sinker!

                      I had some of the below in the mail I sent to IBK but for some reason it was cut off.  Someone said I am too enamoured of those quotes from racist whites.  What did we expect whites to be in 1800?  Or even 1900?  They must be racist!  But can we glean some truth from their statements? The best way to do that is to look backend, and ask ourselves if we are still behaving like they said... AND THEN TO TRY AND CHANGE BY ACTING CONTRARY TO THE PROGNOSIS!

                      Once again many thanks.  The below provides a counter perspective to those who may think I am rehashing racist statements.  The whites have been deceiving and destabilising us for too long.  In fact the history of the black man IS STILL all about displacement and external meddling.  Other races have been through this but are quickly owning their own process of development.  But we are still tossed about emotionally.  Which kind democracy be that?  The USA should hide its face in shame for the displacement of Africa, the crashlanding caused by the killing of Lumumba and removal of Nkrumah, two leaders with foresight, who could have defined a way out for black Africa.  The shallowness of today's leaders is apparent in the retardation of Africa's development

                      Tope

                      1953
                      1954
                      1958

                      1963
                      1964
                      1965
                      1966
                      1967
                      1968
                      1969

                      [edit]1970–1979

                      1970
                      1971
                      1972
                      1973
                    • Abraham Madu
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                        "Please see below, a list of coups - many funded by the world's best 'democracies', who will want us to believe they are next to God in holiness as we speak." by Tope Fasua
                        Ya kpotuba!
                        Ya gazie
                        A.A.Madu

[...]

                        1974
                        1975
                        1976
                        1977
                        • Military coup in Pakistan with U.S. support. Army Chief Gen. Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq overthrows the civilian government and hangs Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto in 1979 after a sham trial.
                        • 21 Failed coup is occurred during the time of General Ziaur Rahman in Bangladesh. General Ziaur Rahman killed 2500 soldiers and officer (Army, Air Force, Navy) for these failed coups.
                        • In 1977, a successful coup d'état in the Seychelles ousted the first president of the republic, James Mancham, replacing him with France Albert René.
                        1978
                        1979

                        [edit]1980–1989

                        1980
                        1981
                      • Valentine Ojo
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                          Tope Fasua:

                          The truth of the matter is that strictly speaking, our people have no history because we have no sense of history.

                          The only history Africa has for most of our Western-educated Africans is Africa's history as told to us by the Europeans.

                          And that is also the only history of the world that we know since most of us know nothing about the history of the Arab or Asian nations, when we don't even know anything about our own history.

                          People frequently say that we have a long way to go. How do you know whether you have a long way to go or not, when you even have no clue where you are going...?

                          Most educated Africans - and they are many in these forums - sincerely believe that the only evolutionary path possible for them is along the lines of Europe: follow-follow the Oyinbo man - Monkey see Monkey do!

                          We surely do have problems.

                        • akinsola_kayode@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                            Iyke Ajitona:

                            You sound below standard, and if you consider Nigerian lawyers as being worthless, pls stage a protest for a lawless society.

                            Casting aspersions on other professions amounts you not being one. Kindly go get a life.

                            Alagba AKINSOLA.

                            From: Iyke Ajitona <ajitonaiyke@...>
                            Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:57:13 +0100
                            To: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com<NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
                            Cc: <NaijaPolitics@yahoogroups.com>
                            Subject: Re: [NIgerianWorldForum] Re: ARE AFRICANS FOOLS FOREVER? Start with lawyers.

[...]

                            List of countries by foreign exchange reserves

                            Foreign exchange reserves
                            (Millions of USD)
                            ↓
                            Figures as of
                            ↓
                          • ericayoola@aol.co.uk
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                              God almighty, when are we blacks ever going to stand up and own up to our own shortcomings instead of always blaming the white man? Will that day ever come, when we will become intelligent enough that whatever it is that we blame the white man for as the cause of our backwardness, we, the black race allowed it at the end of the day.

                              As the Yorubas say, if the wall is not cracked the lizard cannot crawl into it.

                              Blaming the white man ad infinitum, means our backwardness ad infinitum. And there is nothing cerebral or slightly intelligent in blaming everyone else but your self for your perenial short coming.

                              Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

                              From: tope fasua <topsyfash@...>
                              Sender: NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 04:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
                              To: Valentine Ojo<elewuoye@...>; AfricanTalk<africantalk@yahoogroups.com>; NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; NAIJA POLITICS<naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com>; naijaintellects@...<naijaintellects@...>; nigerianworldforum@yahoogroups.com<nigerianworldforum@yahoogroups.com>; NigerianID@yahoogroups.com<NigerianID@yahoogroups.com>
                              ReplyTo: NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com
                              Cc: Adeniba Adepoyigi<adenibaadepoyigi@...>; Amauche Ude<udeamauche@...>; Bobson Arigbe \(DHS\)<barigbe@...>; Dele Olawole<theoracle@...>; Dominic Ogbonna<enyimocha@...>; Emeka Ugwuonye<emekaugwuonye@...>; Evelyn Joe<MsJoe21St@...>; Femi Ogunyipe<foluyipe@...>; George C Ogbonna<ogbon001@...>; Iyalaje<ogban_ulisa@...>; Iyalaje<fsorunmila@...>; joan.Osa Oviawe<joanoviawe@...>; Moshood Olayinka<molayinka@...>; Muhammad Musa<garkuwa2@...>; Noyo Edem<babytonia62@...>; Ola Kassim<olakassimmd@...>; Olushola Fashedemi<ofashedemi@...>; Pius Adesanmi<piusadesanmi@...>; Pius Adesanmi<piusadesanmi@...>; Prince Dickson<pcdbooks@...>; Sergius Ndinojuo<sej30@...>; Tajudeen Raji<traji@...>; Yakubu Usman<yakubu.usman@...>

[...]

                            • obi ogadi
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011

                                Trending in www.xclusivenigeria.com, Nigeria's internet newspaper
                                Is our president doodling?
                                By Chukwuma Oraegbu

                                "If he has not already done so, perhaps Mr. Jonathan should pick up a copy of The Prince, the famous political treatise by the Italian diplomat, historian and political theorist Niccolo Machiavelli, and make it his political Bible.To stem the drift, Nigerians  will be thrilled to see Mr. Jonathan declare a state of emergency in Borno and Plateau States and in any state that goes the way of those two, and to call out the armed forces to run those states like military garrisons. If Mr. President needs a constitutional amendment to make this possible, or if he wants to govern by decrees, and if this new ethos will bring the greatest benefits to the greatest number of the population, Nigerians will be happy to see him secure such constitutional amendments.There will be great opposition to Mr. President ruling by decrees but opposition is the stuff of politics."

                                Read more:
                                http://www.xclusivenigeria.com/component/k2/item/16-nigeria-politics.html

                                cheers,
                                Obi

                                From: tope fasua <topsyfash@...>
                                Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 04:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
                                Cc: Adeniba Adepoyigi<adenibaadepoyigi@...>; Amauche Ude<udeamauche@...>; Bobson Arigbe \(DHS\)<barigbe@...>; Dele Olawole<theoracle@...>; Dominic Ogbonna<enyimocha@...>; Emeka Ugwuonye<emekaugwuonye@...>; Evelyn Joe<MsJoe21St@...>; Femi Ogunyipe<foluyipe@...>; George C Ogbonna<ogbon001@...>; Iyalaje<ogban_ulisa@...>; Iyalaje<fsorunmila@...>; joan.Osa Oviawe<joanoviawe@...>; Moshood Olayinka<molayinka@...>; Muhammad Musa<garkuwa2@...>; Noyo Edem<babytonia62@...>; Ola Kassim<olakassimmd@...>; Olushola Fashedemi<ofashedemi@...>; Pius Adesanmi<piusadesanmi@...>; Pius Adesanmi<piusadesanmi@...>; Prince Dickson<pcdbooks@...>; Sergius Ndinojuo<sej30@...>; Tajudeen Raji<traji@...>; Yakubu Usman<yakubu.usman@...>

[...]

                                1982
                                1983
                                1984
                                1985
                                • Military coup in Uganda led by
                              • Valentine Ojo
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
                                  Sure, "Dr. Val Ojo misses the point", but Barrister Ibukun Alao Babajide is the only one who gets it.

                                  And what you wrote here is what you CHOOSE to understand, which is NOT what Tope Fasua is saying.

                                  "The problem with Tope Fasua's point of view is that he totally ignores the Blackman and his failures whereas he showcases the white man's observations of the African and then projects that observation on all who asks him to see the role the Black man played in his own destruction."

                                  Here, IBK, you are simply behaving no different from Chukwuemeka Reuben Okala insisting that "any higher person can order the release of person remanded in Police custody", or Joseph Igietseme and his obsession with ethnicity, both insisting on being RIGHT!

                                  You just want to be RIGHT!

                                  Who ever said Ghaddafi was a "saint", that he did not commit any atrocities...and that he has the right to rule Libya forever...?

                                  Who is "totally ignoring the Blackman and his failures...showcasing only the white man's observations of the African and then projecting that observation on all who ask...that we see the role the Black man played in his own destruction"...?

                                  You maybe.

                                  What have the two got to do with each other...Ghaddafi's sins and the failures of the Black Man...?

                                  Where is the CONNECTION...the LINK?

                                  Or is Ghaddafi a 'Black Man'...?

                                  But then you simply want to be RIGHT!

                                  You are RIGHT!

                                  Case closed - hopefully!

                                  Dr. Valentine Ojo
                                  Presidential Aspirant 2015
                                  Tall Timbers, MD

                                  On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Ibukunolu Alao Babajide <ibk@...> wrote:

                                  Dear All,

                                  Dr. Val Ojo misses the point,  This woman will not miss it.  She is a victim of mad Muamar Ghaddaffi and his mad family members:

                                  http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08/30/libya.nanny.update/index.html?hpt=wo_t2http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08/30/libya.nanny.update/index.html?hpt=wo_t2

                                  The problem with Tope Fasua's point of view is that he totally ignores the Blackman and his failures whereas he showcases the white man's observations of the African and then projects that observation on all who asks him to see the role the Black man played in his own destruction.

                                  Because of this mindset, his appreciation and reasoning becomes skewed and one-sided.  The following key points are missed:

                                  1.  Ghaddaffi enslaved Libyans for 42 years;

                                  2.  During that 42 years he brutalised and killed his own people;

                                  3.  He destroyed civil society and turned himself into a tinpot dictator;

                                  4.  He exported terror he unleashed on his people all over West Africa, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and even Nigeria;

                                  5.  Even as he crumbled, he is delusional and still asking for people to die needlessly;

                                  6.  Now unless you want this mad man to pass the evil on his to his children, he deserves to be toppled in any way possible.  See what Assad is doing in Syria now.  Where is the Val Ojo of this world or the Tope Fasua of this world to condemn them?  Look at what Robert Mugabe and Paul Biya turned Zimbabwe and Cameroon into?  Where are the Tope Fasuas and the Val Ojo's and the Guardian Newspaper editorials to condemn them?  No they keep quiet.

                                  Look at Museveni in Uganda.  24 years already and still killing his own people to wax strong.  The AU and the Guardian Editorial writers and South Africa will keep quiet and allow the mad men to remain in power.  When their own people now start the process of toppling them and ask for help and get the help, they will start the colonialism card.

                                  Unless we are Ostriches with our heads in the sand, we are already colonised.  Were we not, I will be in Ilaro, Dr. Val Ojo will be in Ondo, and Tope Fasua will be in Oyo all developing those places instead of paying taxes from the sweats of our brows to develop America.

                                  We are all colonised and because we are lazy and will never confront the evil people ruling us, we are enslaved by the West or by the Chinese, or by any other hard working well thinking race that needs our resources to develop because we are too dumb to develop ourselves.  Look at the Niger Delta devastation and pollution?  Is that the handiwork of freeborns?  it is the handiwork of those who are mentally slaves.  Look at Ibori, Odili and all the looters like IBB and OBJ are they freeborns?  No they are mental slaves and slaves of the West.

                                  All these thieves where do they take all their stolen loot?  They route them through Hosni Mubarak and he invests them to the benefit of the West.

                                  These simple truths should be self evident, but we are so incapable of self assessment and self accountability that we always externalise blame and project it on others.  Until we take the responsibility for our own condition, we are doomed.  All those who blame NATO in Libya, General Ishola Williams, Tope Fasua, Dr. Val Ojo, the Guardian Editorial writers are pushing us towards that doom early.  If we do not look inside ourselves and face the REALITY of our own failures, we are cursed.

                                  Have a great Friday and a great September.

                                  Cheers.

                                  IBK

                                  EGBON VAL RE: to IBK, WITH LOVE Re: ARE AFRICANS FOOLS FOREVER? Guardian Editorial: Libya's crisis and Nigeria's foreign policy
                                  Eric Ayoola:

                                  I fail to see where or how Tope Fasua is blaming the white man for anything in his submissions below.

                                  Can you please show where...?

                                  Thanks!

                                  As far as I can tell, he is merely attempting to educate Africans who refuse to be educated about themselves and their failings as perceived even by others.

                                  I could be wrong though...

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 2, 2011
                                    Egbon Val

                                    Would be utterly rude if I let you do all the defence without speaking up.  I had chosen to ignore IBK because I made him look like a bloody idiot to any discerning mind.  He just picks his keyboard and starts to ramble.  You see, the phoneys on these fora get exposed from time to time.  So much grandstanding, little depth!

                                    In this instance, some of these guys - like IBK - choose to read only what they want of someone's posting.  They read with an accent even, so things  get twisted in their brains.

                                    My position is clear.  That though we bear a major part of the blame for where we are as a people, it is clear  that EVEN IF WE START TO DO THINGS PERFECTLY RIGHT TODAY, WE STILL FACE A GREAT CHALLENGE - AN INSURMOUNTABLE CHALLENGE - PRESENTED BY THE FACT THAT OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT STATIC AND THAT SOME OF THEM HAVE VERY VERY VERY LONG TERM STRATEGIES WITH WHICH THEY WILL ENSURE THAT OUR BEST LAID PLANS TURN TO TALCUM POWDER.  Some call it capitalism, some call it self interest.  They say it is the way of the world and there is nothing that can be done about it.  They say that the first rule in life is self-preservation.  But I say GIVEN THAT SELF-PRESERVATION, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE FOR BLACK AFRICA EXCEPT WE LET THE WISER COUNTRIES CONSISTENTLY KNOW THAT WE KNOW, AND BEG/NEGOTIATE WITH THEM TO LET US BREATHE.

                                    Which one comes first.  Chicken or egg?  Do we tidy up our house first before letting them know and negotiating with or begging them?  Or do we beg them first and then tidy up our houses?  Will they allow us tidy our houses the way we should if we dont beat them back a bit and beg for a breather?  Recall that Shell told the US embassy - a la wikileaks - that they have people in all 'the relevant ministries' in Nigeria who do their bidding.  Remember the leaks that came to Shell from meetings held by Nigerian ministers with Russian and Chinese oil and energy companies?  Did Nigerians bother after knowing for a fact that these things happen, to find out who and who represents Nigeria in government and who ACTUALLY represents and works for Nigeria?  No.  Ati fi j'eba!  (we done use that one eat gari)!

                                    It is because of the African dilemma that I sought to anger our people by posting all those quotes from early missionaries and explorers, that described black people in unflattering words.  Of course those early white people are racists.  They invented the word racism, as well as its antithesis.  If the white man chose NEVER to recognise black people as humans - on their own level - there is nothing we would have done!  It is because SOME of them gave us some leeway; a foot in the door - that we can now blow grammar on these fora and all that. I acknowledge all those things perfectly.  But when i 'flowchart' the possible trajectories of African emancipation in my head, I see perfectly that we have no way of escape except the gridlock that Africa is in can be relaxed, no matter how little.  The western countries keep talking us down - corruption, indiscipline and so on - which we fully acknowledge that we are immersed in - but when we want to try other strategies or other partners - like China and Russia - they come with their sledgehammers.  In my book I mentioned that the PIB will never see the light of day - Ann Pickard of Shell promised as much.  My book has been out over a year now, and the PIB (PETROLEUM INDUSTRY BILL), designed by late Yaradua and Rilwan Lukman to help reduce corruption and wastages in the oil sector, is nowhere to be found! Fact!

                                    So apparently, our inability to bring these things together depicts that indeed , people like IBK AND CO, who grandstand in this our year 2011, as 'intellectuals', are actually 'OF SMALL BRAIN CAPACITY', as the early white men have observed.  It is not only okay to do fantastically well in school. I did very well too, even amongst people of other races in London.  But our smallness of mind becomes apparent when we refuse to see beyond our scope, when we refuse to take on board other people's views, and culminates in our collective failure as a people when we come together.  The smartest 'bukuru' man in the world today is probably a black african, but that smartness becomes nonsense when he gathers with his likes, to make his own abode great!

                                    People should just put together the fact that governance in Africa was destabilised very early, by the USA who funded, planned and executed coups, directly and by proxy, with the observations of early christian missionaries and explorers, and you will see that though you may work with white people and be their bosses wherever you are, among their leaders of thought and their governments, AFRICANS ARE STILL MONKEYS!  That is why they can take liberty in coming to Africa, deceiving the people, arming them, and bombing out their edifices, which their own companies will rebuild, using all the savings of the same country that they have bombed out.  All they have to do is programme the minds of idiots like Tsvangirai and Ouattara, give them one or two white women to fuck, put some change in their foreign accounts and bingo! there goes your heritage!

                                    It may interest us to know, that the model of coups, which destabilised civilian governance - of any form whether democracy, monarchy etc in Africa, was an American invention.  It was called THE BUSINESS PLOT.  Please readers go on wikipedia.org, and type the business plot and you will see that in 1934, there was a coup attempt in the USA, in which some businessmen approached General Smedley Butler, the youngest general in the US Army then, and asked that he remove President FD Roosevelt and bring in a Fascist government.  Those businessmen were pissed off that Roosevelt was 'dashing' away American money to poor people in what he called 'THE NEW DEAL', under the pretext of Keynesianism.  Maynard Keynes, one of the world's most prominent economists then had said that world economies must spend their ways out of the depression, because 'IN THE LONG RUN WE ARE ALL DEAD', hence waiting for the forces of the market and capitalism to rearrange the economy 'in the long run', was a bad strategy.  The businessmen did not like this idea and sought to remove Roosevelt.  They consisted JP MORGAN II, ROCKEFELLER, CHAIRMEN OF GOODYEAR TYRES, PRESCOTT BUSH (GRANDPA OF GEORGE W), ETC).  These big men promised Butler the ff; 30million dollars, support of 500,000 soldiers, and of course THE SUPPORT OF THE MAINSTREAM PRESS.  In Africa, NO COUP WAS SUCCESSFUL EXCEPT THESE THREE INGREDIENTS ARE THERE.  MKO allegedly (by Moshood Fayemiwo and co), put up 10million dollars with which IBB removed Buhari in 1985.  It could be argued that Nigeria was on course under Buhari/Idiagbon, but then the Americans brought IBB with his modernist views, and he promptly sold us downstream to IMF and World Bank's SAP agenda.  Nigeria has never been the same since then!

                                    Back to brother IBK!  You dare to tell me you did as much as I did 30 years ago when you were in university?  So what is the culmination of what you did then?  Do you have a book (like me) on the subject?  I was also in uni at least 24 years ago.  Started early.  And I have carried my conviction farther than yours bro.  Proud of it...  Plus I dont live in America and am not from Oyo.  In fact, my home town is a stone throw (in physical sense) from Dr Ojo's hometown.  I am from Akure, Ondo State.  In Ondo State, we are known for our acute sense of justice.  We are no nonsense people, and we are still good in the area of knowledge (bukuru wise).  So please come back from Arusha, where you are presently roasting, and help develop Ilaro as you want to so badly

                                    Have a great day bro