Re: [OmoOdua] N10bn loan: Clerk, 37-man c’ttee misled Bankole, says Ndume

  • cyberagbekoya@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
      Uncle Kay,

      May God judge between Nigerians, who are daily dying from preventable diseases and members of the House of Reps who earn N42 million per quarter!

      -Cyber, oko awon Alhaja

      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

      From: Kay Odunaro <kayodunaro@...>
      Sender: OmoOdua@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:39:12 +0100 (BST)
      To: nigeria obser nigerobser<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; <naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; <naijaintellects@...>; <NaijaPolitics@yahoogroups.com>; <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; talkniga<talknigeria@yahoogroups.com>; omooduayahoo group<omoodua@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: OmoOdua@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [OmoOdua] N10bn loan: Clerk, 37-man c’ttee misled Ban kole, says Ndume

      N10bn loan: Clerk, 37-man c’ttee misled Bankole, says Ndume

      Tuesday, 31 May 2011 18:55 administrator
      E-mail Print PDF

      Minority Leader of the  House of Representatives and Senator-elect from Borno state, Rep Mohammed Ali-Ndume, yesterday blamed the Clerk of the House, Mr. Sani Omolori and the 37-man ad-hoc committee set up by the lower chamber to review the allowances of members for the N10 billion loan obtained by Speaker Dimeji Bankole.

      Fielding questions from newsmen yesterday on the actual cause of the Speaker’s problem with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ndume disclosed that it was the Clerk of the House who informed the plenary that the House was financially virile to settle the ballooned allowances of members as recommended by the 37-man committee, generally referred to in the House as the 37-wise men.

      According to the Senator-elect, the decision of the House to adopt the recommendation of the committee which jerked up the quarterly allowances of members from N27 million to N42 million last year was responsible for the loan obtained by the Speaker as it later became apparent that the House budget could not sustain the increase.

      “Bankole was misled and I can say that anywhere. He shares in the blame because I warned him not to do anything that the members will later turn round to hold him responsible. If the Clerk was right by claiming that the budget of the House could sustain the increase, then Bankole was wrong to have accessed the loan. But, if the Clerk failed to provide the funds to sustain the jumbo increase, then the blame should be placed on the Clerk.

      “Not that I am dissociating myself from what happened, but the fact remains that I warned Bankole that the House budget would not be able to sustain the allowances of members in the report submitted by the 37 wise-men.

      “At the meeting, I objected to the jumbo pay and the Clerk of the House was asked whether the House budget would be able to sustain the allowances and he answered in the affirmative that the budget would be able to sustain the payment,” Ndume maintained.

      He however said that the leadership of the House has not been effective in managing its finances even as he insisted that the blame should not be heaped on the Speaker alone.

      Ndume also wondered why the EFCC would be interested in the loan saga just as he insisted that Bankole only performed his official duties by sourcing funds to run the House.

    • kayodunaro@yahoo.ie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
        Yeah seun I agree but this info is not out in the public domain as some even make it look as if Bankole took a private loan that did not follow due process with the support and approval of G37 of a member each from each state and fct abuja and the purpose of the loan.
        Chief kayode odunaro jp

        Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

        From: africabseun1@...
        Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:41:07 +0000
        To: <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com

        Egbon,
        But the bulk stops on his table as the head of the house.
        Seun oloketuyi

        From: Kay Odunaro <kayodunaro@...>
        Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:39:12 +0100 (BST)
        To: nigeria obser nigerobser<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; <naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; <naijaintellects@...>; <NaijaPolitics@yahoogroups.com>; <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; talkniga<talknigeria@yahoogroups.com>; omooduayahoo group<omoodua@yahoogroups.com>

      • achilleusuchegbu@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
          Kayode, it is unfortunate that this has happened. At least, after all the hide an seek it is now public knowledge that House members approved and paid themselves N42m every quarter. Now Kay, tell me, what justification is there for this brazen lootery? What does quarterly allowance mean when all manner of allowances is aready being paid? Doesn't this show that the House was not primed to serve Nigeria and the interest of democracy? Too bad.

          Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Zain Nigeria

          From: Kay Odunaro <kayodunaro@...>
          Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:39:12 +0100 (BST)
          To: nigeria obser nigerobser<NaijaObserver@yahoogroups.com>; <naijaexcel@yahoogroups.com>; <naijaintellects@...>; <NaijaPolitics@yahoogroups.com>; <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>; talkniga<talknigeria@yahoogroups.com>; omooduayahoo group<omoodua@yahoogroups.com>

        • simonpita2008@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011

            From: achilleusuchegbu@...
            Sender: NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:42:30 +0000
            To: <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
              Seun,

              Yes, he is the head of the house but he derives power from his colleagues. Note that he is just first among equals.

              Also,anything that as to do with financial dealings,it is always the responsibility of the Clerk to process it and report back to the house,following house resolutions.

              Its good that for the first time,one of the principal officers of the House is coming up. At least for record purpose,that the money in question was not borrowed by Speaker, neither was it for personal use but rather to attend to the request made by the committee and which was adopted by the whole house in committee of the whole always chaired by the deputy speaker.

              Like i said sometimes ago, the last is not yet heard as am sure some people are setting an agenda that all of us will know with time.

              Thank You.

              Morgan

              Morgan Omodu

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
                If the House leadership has not been effective in managing their financial resources, then who should be blame, ordinary member or people outsiude the chamber?
                It is simple, Bankole is ineffective and all the blame is on him and nobody else. Leadership is with responsibility and if you can not do that, then you should quit. he must be made to pay for his lapses.

                  OUR GOD IS ABLE.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
                  Why on the planet don't we have laws preventing individual law makers from applying for loans ?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
                    Mr Odunaro,
                    This half-baked defence On behalf Bankole is rubbish, you know it, I know it, everyone knows a N10b loan was obtained and simply Stolen by Bankole and his cohorts.
                     Meanwhile please tell Efcc Chair Waziri and disgraced Bankole to stop playing with our intelligence.
                    Efcc has twice summoned Bankole to to answer for his crimes. Twice Bankole defied the might of the Efcc. Rather than Efcc arresting him, Waziri issued a stupid press release accusing Bankole of engaging in a campaign of calumny against Efcc! Pray who is fooling who?

                    Sent from my iPhone