Sunday, Nov. 11, New Lebanon NY - BMAPN Poly Potluck and discussion on Eco-sexuality, with Serena Anderlini-D'Onofrio

  • Tara Shakti-Ma
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012

      Hi Folks.  I apologize for this late notice.  Hopefully those of you interested in attending saw the note at the end of October's announcement and marked your calendars.  Gosh, time seems to really fly by so fast sometimes!   Our next gathering is already upon us in only one week!  (RSVP info. is at the end of this message.)

      Berkshire Mountain Polyamory Network's next gathering is Sunday, November 11, from Noon until at least 4:30 PM (and likely beyond), in New Lebanon, NY Exact address will be posted to those indicating they are coming.

      This month we have our usual potluck, followed by a presentation and discussion on Eco-Sexuality, presented and facilitated by Serena Anderlini-D'Onofrio, PhD.  Serena's "creds" include the following -

      Serena is the author of Gaia and the New Politics of Love, North Atlantic Books, 2009 (a Nautilus Winner, also on Kindle), and of Eros: A Journey of Multiple Loves, Routledge, 2006 (a Lambda finalist).  She is the co-Editor of BiTopia (2011), and Bisexuality and Queer Theory, 2011 (a Lambda finalist), as well as the editor of Plural Loves (2010), and Women and Bisexuality (2003).  She is Professor of Humanities at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez,  and is currently a visiting Fellow at the Humanities Institute (for 2012-2013), University of Connecticut, Storrs, project: "Amorous Visions: Fluid Sexual Moments in Italian Cinema".  She can also be found in a number of media outlets, including -

      Poly Planet GAIA Blog: http://polyplanet.blogspot.com/

      (For clarity's sake, this next bit of information is from me, not our presenter...she may have her own unique spin.)  A number of people have asked me what "eco-sexuality" is, and what connection and influence it might have on polyamorous relating.  Eco-sexuality is a growing area of study in the realm of human sexual expression, as well as an ethical/philosophical/spiritual approach to relationships and sexuality among a growing number of sex-positive practitioners.  Many eco-sexual thinkers, presenters and practitioners have their own particular niche, while others take a very broadly encompassing approach to what eco-sexuality means for them.    How Serena regards and explores eco-sexuality will be what we'll all have a chance to find out.  How eco-sexuality in practice can inform, enrich and support us in the creation of sustainable polyamorous relationships will also be explored, with "compersion" being one of the important ingredients at the roots of it all.   This will be part presentation and part discussion.   (If you're extremely curious you might try a keyword search on the topic, and see what's floating around "out there" on the topic.  Here's one link I felt encapsulated it fairly well - http://www.ecosex.org/what-is-ecosex.html)

      Your RSVP is required in order for you to attend.  (The householders hosting need a headcount in order to prepare adequate seating space, and everyone else tends to appreciate it so they know how much of a contribution to bring to the potluck.)  The deadline for RSVP's is Thursday, November 9, and this deadline is firm.  (RSVPs after the deadline really make things a bit too hectic in the "getting ready" department.)    RSVP's on the BMAPN list will begin today, so please don't delay in responding to this notice.  If you are reading this notice somewhere other than the BMAPN list, please do not RSVP here, but rather join BMAPN's Yahoo group, and get in the RSVP and information loop.  You can do so by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BMAPN/ .  To learn more about BMAPN in general, go to http://www.bmapn.com/p/about-bmapn.html.  We invite you to explore the entire blog space while you're there.  (Please note that we have a fragrance-free policy for all our gatherings.)  If you have questions, feel free to contact me, Tara, at tara.shaktima@....

      BMAPN's December gathering is on Sunday, Dec. 16, same time and same place.  We'll be playing with some "ice-breaker" exercised, meant to help us all get to know each other better, as well as some group discussion.  (As we've crossed our one year anniversary mark, we're now drawing from members for presentations and facilitation.  Stay tuned for that revelation in December's announcement.)

      BMAPN is a gathering of wonderful, warm and welcoming folks.  Along with our potluck and discussion, there is generous time for free-flow socializing, in a private home that includes woods paths, a labyrinth and hot tub, and you are free to roam the grounds and explore as you will.

      We hope you will join us!

      Tara Shakti-Ma )O(

      http://www.facebook.com/Tara.ShaktiMa.Dakini

      Join us at any of the following groups. Each also has a Facebook presence...