Polyamory Discussion this Sunday in Hollis, NH

  • Sterling Eanes
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2009
      This Sunday afternoon and evening, December 13, at our house in Hollis, NH,
      Laura and I are hosting the Family Tree polyamory discussion group followed
      by the annual Family Tree holiday party. Anyone interested in talking or
      hearing about issues related to polyamory is invited to join us. The
      discussion starts at 4 pm and continues generally to around 6. The holiday
      party will then go on until 11. Contact me if you need directions.

      The topic for this discussion is "Are we still Radical?", intending, I
      think, to provoke a discussion of to what degree is polyamory becoming an
      accepted practice in our society.

      Although the Family Tree meeting and party are not clothing optional, the
      hot tub will be available and is clothing optional.

      Children are welcome to come with their parents.

      If it's convenient, please bring munchies, salads, side dishes, or desserts
      to share, pot luck style. It's not necessary to RSVP, though you can feel
      free to call or write to say you're coming or to get clarification of
      directions, etc.

      Family Tree is a greater Boston-area polyamory organization of people
      actively interested and/or participating in alternative relationship and
      family lifestyles. We have a discussion group meeting once a month, usually
      on the second Sunday of the month, plus occasional social events throughout
      the year. Discussions are held in members' homes across the greater Boston
      area and touch on various aspects of polyamory and alternative lifestyles.
      The exact date, location, and topic for the next discussion are determined
      at the previous meeting.

      Feel free to contact me or use the contact points on the Family Tree website
      (http://ftree.contra.org/) to get more information about Family Tree or
      polyamory.

      Sterling and Laura Eanes
      207 Depot Road, Hollis, NH 03049
      (home) 603-465-2277, (cell) 603-930-2888
      sterling@...
    • Darxus@ChaosReigns.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2009
        On 12/09, Sterling Eanes wrote:
        > This Sunday afternoon and evening, December 13, at our house in Hollis, NH,

        Is this the "NH Polyamory Discussion Group, 4th Sunday, afternoon, private
        home" in the beginning of the description of this community? What is the
        actual schedule?

        It looks like ladypantherrr is doing a separate event? What city and
        schedule?

        Anything else happening regularly?

        --
        "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed --
        and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2009
          The event Sterling mentioned is part of Family Tree, a Mass/southern NH group.

          The NHPoly meetings were put on hold for a bit, due to lack of time.

          We'll be re-starting the regular NHPoly meetings in January.

          If anyone has a preference as to days and times for the re-start, now would be a good time to mention it.

          Joe

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 14, 2009
            What city?

            On 12/15, NHPoly-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            > The event Sterling mentioned is part of Family Tree, a Mass/southern NH group.
            >
            > The NHPoly meetings were put on hold for a bit, due to lack of time.
            >
            > We'll be re-starting the regular NHPoly meetings in January.
            >
            > If anyone has a preference as to days and times for the re-start, now would be a good time to mention it.

            --
            "Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all."
            - Helen Keller
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 14, 2009
              I would love to be able to come to these, so if they could be in the later half of the month that would be great.\

              Fire Tashlin

              On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:58 PM, <Darxus@...> wrote:
              What city?

              On 12/15, NHPoly-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              > The event Sterling mentioned is part of Family Tree, a Mass/southern NH group.
              >
              > The NHPoly meetings were put on hold for a bit, due to lack of time.
              >
              > We'll be re-starting the regular NHPoly meetings in January.
              >
              > If anyone has a preference as to days and times for the re-start, now would be a good time to mention it.

              --
              "Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all."
              - Helen Keller
              http://www.ChaosReigns.com                                 Guns save lives.

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 NHPoly-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 NHPoly-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • NHPoly-owner@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 16, 2009
                We're a bit east of Concord.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 16, 2009
                  great, I'll for the post for when the group starts up again.