HAPPY POLYGAMY DAY !

  • Everyone calls me Sunshine
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
      Happy Polygamy Day.
      I just got this in my email this morning...it's from
      http://www.pro-polygamy.com/articles.php?news=0062

      Blessings
      Sunnie

      Pro-Polygamists Celebrate 8th Annual Polygamy Day ®

      Date: Aug 19, 2008
      Word Count: 750 words
      Cross-Reference: Polygamy Day ®, pro-polygamists, polygamy rights WIN-
      WIN solution

      On August 19, 2008, consenting-adult pro-polygamists
      throughout America are celebrating "Polygamy Day 8."

      August 19th is the official date of Polygamy Day ®, a U.S. registered
      trademark of the non-profit Polygamy Day, Inc. The first Polygamy
      Day ® occurred on August 19, 2001. Every year since then, committed
      activists of polygamy rights for consenting-adults have celebrated
      this special annual date. As the original celebration occurred
      in "Year 1" of the new millennium, it was identified as "Polygamy Day
      1." Going forward, each subsequent "Polygamy Day" was then
      identified in the same numerical manner, right on up to the
      current "Polygamy Day 8" on August 19, 2008.

      Polygamy Day ® emerged from a motivational get-together in Old
      Orchard Beach, Maine, among consenting-adult polygamy rights
      activists from around the country. Those original activists had no
      connection with any derivative of Mormon polygamy whatsoever. With
      each subsequent year, the special anniversary eventually blossomed
      into a nationwide religiously-neutral celebration by individuals all
      around the country, for all forms of consenting-adult pro-polygamists.

      Christian polygamists, secular polygamists, Jewish polygamists,
      Muslim polygamists, and even any Mormon polygamists who oppose
      underage marriage, all can celebrate this one specific day each year
      wherever they live.

      In the year leading up to "Polygamy Day 8," many news events had
      significant impact.

      Criminalities from one rogue, isolated Mormon polygamy sect - the
      FLDS - dominated the year's news. In September, 2007, the FLDS'
      criminal leader, Warren Jeffs, was convicted for arranging the non-
      polygamous marriage of a 14 year old girl with her 19 year old
      cousin. In April, 2008, the State of Texas raided an FLDS community
      on more allegations of underage marriage. In July, Senator Harry
      Reid - a "mainstream" Mormon himself - conducted a
      Congressional "hearing" exclusively about the Mormon-based FLDS
      as "organized crime." Parroting "mainstream" Mormonism's cult mind
      control tactic that "no Mormon polygamists are Mormon," Reid's FLDS-
      only "hearing" dropped the word "Mormon" to indiscriminately target
      all "polygamists" everywhere. Nationwide, though, most consenting-
      adult pro-polygamists are neither Mormon polygamists nor live in
      isolated sect communities. Moreover, even some consenting-adult
      Mormon polygamists oppose the FLDS too.

      Throughout all this news, the National Polygamy Advocate, Mark
      Henkel, was out explaining the real facts to the media. His
      organization, TruthBearer.org, spent thousands of dollars - including
      issuing press releases with massive distribution. Henkel appeared
      many times on CourtTV (now called TruTV), was reported by the
      Associated Press, and was extensively featured in a John Stossel
      special report about consenting-adult non-Mormon polygamy on ABC-
      TV's "20/20." Henkel routinely explained: Jeffs' case did not
      involve polygamy, and the national polygamy rights movement for
      consenting adults always opposed Jeffs, the FLDS, and underage
      marriage.

      In other news, big government marriage controllers were blind-sided
      in May, 2008, by a California State Supreme Court where six of the
      seven justices were Republicans. The Court determined that the right
      to marry is an individual right. While legalizing the biological
      impossibility of "same sex marriage," the Decision claimed it would
      not affect anti-polygamy laws. But it clearly will have such an
      impact one day - precisely because the right for consenting-adults to
      marry is an individual right.

      Marriage controllers still self-combustively react as "democrats,"
      promoting anti-republican referendum "democracy" in order to infringe
      individual rights. But they are finding that that very same use of
      majoritarian "democracy" can and will backfire against them.
      Mobocratic majorities can just as easily vote against current big
      government marriage definitions.

      Worse - as happened in Maine in June, 2008 - marriage controllers
      trying to get an anti-homosexual referendum on the ballot are even
      having to give up. They could not even get enough signatures to get
      the proposal onto the ballot. That battle is being lost.

      Herewith, the polygamy rights WIN-WIN solution obtained momentum to
      end all marriage politics for all sides. By prohibiting big
      government from defining marriage either way or another, neither
      side's "democrat" majority can ever again infringe consenting-adults'
      individual right to marry.

      Yes, the false association of the FLDS - with alleged underage
      crimes - posed very real set-backs for consenting-adult polygamists
      this year. However, the successes of the National Polygamy Advocate
      to get the truth out about normal pro-polygamists, and the increasing
      political losses of the big government marriage control "democrats,"
      both show that the WIN-WIN solution of the national polygamy rights
      movement for consenting adults - to end all marriage politics - can
      overcome such setbacks and eventually obtain true freedom for all.

      With such reason for hope of genuine freedom one day, consenting-
      adult pro-polygamists throughout America definitely have great cause
      to celebrate on this August 19, 2008 - "Polygamy Day 8."

      ###
      [END OF ARTICLE]

      Bibliographic URLs

      Polygamy Day, Inc.
      http://www.PolygamyDay.com

      Warren Jeffs / FLDS news - Opposed by National Polygamy Rights
      Movement

      Sen. Harry Reid's FLDS-only "hearing" about "all polygamists"
      http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearing.cfm?id=3489
      http://gosanangelo.com/news/2008/jul/24/live-from-the-senate-flds-
      coverage/

      National Polygamy Advocate, Mark Henkel
      http://www.nationalpolygamyadvocate.com
      http://www.truthbearer.org/media/mark-henkel-interview-example/

      CourtTV – with National Polygamy Advocate
      http://www.truthbearer.org/media/court-tv/
      http://www.courttv.com/chat/transcripts/2007/0924jeffs-henkel.html

      Associated Press – with National Polygamy Advocate
      http://www.truthbearer.org/media/ap/2007-11-21-polygamists-glad-
      warren-jeffs-going-to-prison/
      http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/11/21/child.bride.ap/

      ABC-TV "20/20" John Stossel – with National Polygamy Advocate
      http://www.truthbearer.org/media/abc-20-20/
      http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=5396768&page=1

      California Supreme Court Decision, May 2008
      http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/S147999.PDF
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
      f=/c/a/2008/05/15/BA3G10N325.DTL

      Big Government Marriage Control "democrats"
      http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PR08E02
      http://www.protectmarriage.com/article//jerry-brown-s-meddling
      http://www.washingtonblade.com/2008/8-15/news/national/13101.cfm

      Big Government Marriage Controllers losing battle
      http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=195007

      The Polygamy Rights WIN-WIN Solution
      http://www.pro-polygamy.com/articles.php?news=0057
      http://www.pro-polygamy.com/articles.php?news=0042
    • Seth Lemons
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
        "While legalizing the biological impossibility of 'same sex marriage'..."

        Was this part really necessary? There's nothing biologically
        impossible about (as the message says) consenting adults of the same
        sex loving each other and wanting to share their lives while enjoying
        the same rights as others. The only biological factor is the ability
        to make children without outside intervention. If we want to start
        arguing that the ability to reproduce should be a requirement for
        marriage, we're going to get into some pretty messed up situations. Is
        marrying someone who's gotten a vasectomy, born infertile, or gone
        through menopause a "biological impossibility"?

        Seth

        PS - I recognize that you didn't write this, Sunnie, so my
        questions/comments are only directed at you if you want them to be. ;)

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20, 2008
          I believe they are trying to persuade marriage control conservatives
          that they are actually being the "liberals" they say they don't
          want be. So making this argument this way this keeps credibility
          with conservatives in making that argument. It's about the
          audience the article seeks to persuade. Liberals might not like it,
          but if it persuades conservatives, then liberals benefit, no?

          I also think this older article from that site might have something
          to do with the logic too....

          2003 Nov 12
          Op-Ed
          700 Words
          Adultery Decision Means No Same-Sex Marriage, But Polygamy is
          Possible
          http://www.pro-polygamy.com/articles.php?news=0011
          The NH State Supreme Court determined that it is biologically
          impossible for homosexuals to commit a dictionary definition of
          adultery.

          That article shows a court saying it was biologically impossible for
          people of the same gender to commit adultery. That means it is
          also impossible for them to marry, if they cannot commit adultery.

          Blessings
          Sunnie

          --- In NHPoly@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Lemons" <ulfada@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > http://www.courttv.com/chat/transcripts/2007/0924jeffs-henkel.html
          > >

          > > Associated Press – with National Polygamy Advocate
          > > http://www.truthbearer.org/media/ap/2007-11-21-polygamists-glad-
          > > warren-jeffs-going-to-prison/
          > > http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/11/21/child.bride.ap/
          > >

          > > ABC-TV "20/20" John Stossel – with National Polygamy Advocate
          > > http://www.truthbearer.org/media/abc-20-20/
          > > http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=5396768&page=1
          > >

          > > California Supreme Court Decision, May 2008
          > > http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/S147999.PDF
          > > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
          > > f=/c/a/2008/05/15/BA3G10N325.DTL
          > >

          > > Big Government Marriage Control "democrats"
          > > http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PR08E02
          > > http://www.protectmarriage.com/article//jerry-brown-s-meddling
          > > http://www.washingtonblade.com/2008/8-15/news/national/13101.cfm
          > >

          > > Big Government Marriage Controllers losing battle

        • Ed Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2008
            Sundshine;

            worry not; for those the need to control will always pursue it; while the rest just watch in amazement of the hypocrisy.

            wrote:

> [...]
            > >

            > > Associated Press – with National Polygamy Advocate
            > > http://www.truthbearer.org/media/ap/2007-11-21-polygamists-glad-
            > > warren-jeffs-going-to-prison/
            > > http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/11/21/child.bride.ap/
            > >

            > > ABC-TV "20/20" John Stossel – with National Polygamy
            Advocate
            > > http://www.truthbearer.org/media/abc-20-20/
            > > http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=5396768&page=1
            > >

            > > California Supreme Court Decision, May 2008
            > > http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/S147999.PDF
            > > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
            > > f=/c/a/2008/05/15/BA3G10N325.DTL
            > >

            > > Big Government Marriage Control "democrats"
            > > http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PR08E02
            > > http://www.protectmarriage.com/article//jerry-brown-s-meddling
            > > http://www.washingtonblade.com/2008/8-15/news/national/13101.cfm
            > >

            > > Big Government Marriage Controllers losing battle

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:NHPoly-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:NHPoly-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Seth Lemons
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 20, 2008
              Makes sense, Sunnie. Just sucks that they have to insult people (who
              could have been their allies) along the way. Thanks for pointing out
              the other article, too. Good to know what the legal precedents are in
              regard to "adultery" and poly-anything. :)

              Seth

            • Goddess of Java
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 20, 2008

                Most religiously-oriented polygamists are more likely to see pedophiles as
                allies before they'd see polyamorists as such.

                I speak from somewhat cranky experience. Some years ago I used to be pretty
                involved in the whole group marriage thing (being a member of a quad and
                all). I tried to contact some polygamists of various sorts -- Patriarchal
                Christians, Fundamentalist Mormons, you know, people who'd like to see
                polygamy legalized (which at the time, I really, really wanted. Now? I'm
                kinda glad I wasn't legally married in that quad and am therefore free of
                the legal tangle it would have taken to break it up).

                To say that they were not receptive would have been an understatement. I
                got ONE relatively polite response along the lines of "You go your way and
                we'll go ours."

                The rest of the responses were not nearly so nice.

                People who are involved in polygamy, for or against, do NOT see polyamorists
                as "natural allies" no matter how logical it would be.

                Pity that.

                --
                Noel Lynne Figart, Axe of the BABs, Goddess of Java, and She Who Truly Groks
                Coffee

                T'ai Chi isn't a martial art--it's a MARTIAN art. Martians move
                slowly in earth gravity