Re: Aerial tramways

  • Ken Clark
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
      Bill Etal

      Working on transferrring some aerial tram line photos to the group.
      Photos taken in Tasmania will tripping around after the Australian NG Convention in April. With a new digital camera and computor still need to work out a few step's<G>.

      Ken Clark
      GWN

      --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Martinsen <billmart_ok@...> wrote:

      > Darryl and Daniel -
      > Thank you very much for all the photos and illustrations. I hope to build a model of one tramway bucket. If I do, I'll post photos here.
      >
      > Bill Martinsen

    • Ken Clark
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
        Added a new photo album "Tasmanian Aerial Tram" took 3 tries but got
        the 8 photos posted.

        Ken
        GWN
      • daniel caso
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
          Ken:
                  Very nice photos. Thank you for sharing.

                                     Daniel

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2009
            Ken,
            Great photos, I had not thought of using steel stanchions. I wonder the original date these were built, maybe late enough for my 1940 era layout?
            Harold Huber
            Sheridan, WY

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2009
              Harold
              A quick look through "Tramway Titan". American Fork Utah had a steel tower tram erected in 1930-1931 from the "Live Yankee Mine". The tram was 4&1/2miles in length. Park City Utah also used steel towers on their tram line about the same time.

              Ken
              GWN

              --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "Harold Huber" <sarge9@...> wrote:

              > Ken,
              > Great photos, I had not thought of using steel stanchions. I wonder the original date these were built, maybe late enough for my 1940 era layout?
              > Harold Huber
              > Sheridan, WY

            • Ken Clark
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9, 2009
                Harold
                As an added note, if I can scan them, I will post some shots of a
                steel tower Tram (circa 1940) from Peru. The towers are similar to
                power transmission tower's (Big)I have a set of Walther's HO Power
                Towers which, when I get that far, will be added to the layout for a
                Copper Mine transfer to Rail cars.

                Ken
                GWN

                --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "Harold Huber" <sarge9@...> wrote:

                > Ken,
                > Great photos, I had not thought of using steel stanchions. I wonder the original date these were built, maybe late enough for my 1940 era layout?
                > Harold Huber
                > Sheridan, WY

              • Harold Huber
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 10, 2009
                  Ken,
                  Thanks for the information, I believe that will be the way to go. Using a template it would not be too hard to scratch build the towers.
                  Harold Huber
                  Sheridan, WY
                  Research Librarian
                  Ultimate Research
                  A quick look through "Tramway Titan". American Fork Utah had a steel tower tram erected in 1930-1931 from the "Live Yankee Mine". The tram was 4&1/2miles in length. Park City Utah also used steel towers on their tram line about the same time.

                  Ken
                  GWN

                  --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "Harold Huber" <sarge9@...> wrote:

                  > Ken,
                  > Great photos, I had not thought of using steel stanchions. I wonder the original date these were built, maybe late enough for my 1940 era layout?
                  > Harold Huber
                  > Sheridan, WY

                • Harold Huber
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 10, 2009