mining books for sale
- I am cleaning out my bookshelves this week to make room for more.
This assortment is of books on mining and similar subjects.
All the pages are good but some of the covers are in sad shape so I
am dividing them into two groups.
These are the ones with covers in pretty good shape.
1. $20.00. MOVING THE EARTH, The Workbook of Excavation by
Nichols. 1955. About 1,000 pages of great information about using
backhoes, steam shovels, and other excavation equipment. How to do
it book. Lots of B&W photos. Excellent reference book.
2. $20.00. MINING ENGINEERS HANDBOOK, Volume 1, Third
Edition, by Peele. About 1,000 pages. A reference book for miners
first published in 1918. Updated and expanded over the years.
Excellent reference book on mining. Lots of drawing and diagrams.
3. $20.00 MINING ENGINEERS HANDBOOK, Volume 2, Third
Edition, by Peele. About 1,000 pages. More excellent material on
mining. Lots of drawings and diagrams.
4. $20.00 PRACTICAL MINE DEVELOPMENT AND EQUIPMENT, by
Eaton, 1934. 400 pages of mining information. Illustrated. Like
5. $20.00 PRACTIAL COAL MINING, Volume 2, by Mason. Over
400 pages. No date but I think about 1950. Excellent drawings and
explanation of the coal mining process and the equipment used. Great
reference for the model builder.
6. $20.00 POWER EQUIPMENT COMPANY, General Catalog Number
10, 1916. Excellent condition. Over 400 pages of all kinds of
equipment for power supply operations. Tools, belts, pumps, engines,
and other interesting stuff.
7. $20.00 NEWTON MACHINE TOOL WORKS, Catalogue No. 45,
1907. 300 pages of photos and information on the Newton line of
8. $20.00 RICHES TO DUST, Twitty, 2002, soft cover, new.
Over 350 pages of photos and history of mining and mining
operations. A guide to mining in the old west.
9. $30.00 GALIGHER CO CATALOG, Salt Lake City, Utah, E42.
Large format. Over 650 pages of mining supplies and equipment for
miners. No date but the E42 makes me think this was published in
1942. Lots of drawings and photographs.
10. $30.00 MEESE & GOTTFRIED COMPANY CATALOG, No. 10, 1922.
Over 500 pages. Lots of photos and drawings. Located in San
Francisco, Meese and Gottfried were manufacturers of machinery for
elevating, conveying and screening materials.
11. $30.00 ORE DRESSING, by Wiard, 1915, McGraw-Hill. This
is volume 4 in the McGraw-Hill Mining Library series. Excellent
shape. Over 400 pages of drawings and information on crushing,
grinding, separating, concentrating and other aspects of processing
12. $30.00 LINK-BELT GENERAL CATALOG 5OO, 1928. Over 1,000
pages of great photos and drawings of all kinds of conveying
equipment. Photos of crushers, loaders, washing plants and so on.
Great ides for model building.
13. $30.00 ROCK EXCAVATION, by Gillette, 1904. 375 pages.
Hand drilling, machine drilling, steam and compressed air plants,
explosives, loading and transportation, quarrying stone, open cut
excavation and more.
14. $30.00 DEEP WELL DRILLING, 3rd Edition, 1931.
Published by Gulf Publishing. 800 pages. Everything you would want
to know about drilling oil wells. A great book for anyone wanting
to build an oil derrick accurately.
15. $40.00 OIL & GAS SUPPLIES, National Supply Co, 1912.
Over 600 pages of great information, photos and drawings of oil field
supplies for oil, gas and artesian well drilling. Excellent
reference book for the model builder.
16. $40.00 CONDENSED CATALOGUES OF MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT,
1921. From the American Society Of Mechanical Engineers. About
1,000 pages of all kinds of mechanical equipment.
17. $40.00 A TREATISE ON METAL MINING, Volume 4, 1899.
Like new. About 400 pages. A wonderful reference book for the mining
model builder. The physical mine itself, tunneling, timbering. Plus
the surface operations including ore dressing and miliing.
The following books are in pretty good condition except the covers
are pretty rough.
18. $20.00 WELLER SUPPLY COMPANY CATALOG. 1920. Over
700 pages. Fully illustrated. Mill supplies, machinery, mechanical,
rubber goods. Machine shop tools.
19. $20.00 HANDBOOK OF MINING DETAILS, 1914, Engineering
and Mining Journal Staff, published by McGraw-Hill. Over 400 pages
of great information on ore dressing, surface operations, smelting,
cyanide operations and more.
20. $30.00 I.C.S. REFERENCE LIBRARY #148, HOISTING,
HAULAGE AND MINE DRAINING. 1907. About 400 pages. Mine hoists and
head frames, underground transportation including locomotive and
cars, and mine drainage. Great book.
21. $30.00 METAL MINING, Engines and Boilers, Air
Compressors, Pumps, Haulage and Hoisting. About 500 pages. I.C.S.
22. $30.00 EARTHWORK AND ITS COST, by Gillette, 1920,
published by McGraw-Hill,
Over 1,300 pages. Scrapers, loaders, spreader, power shovels, dump
cars, aerial cableways, dredging, railroad embankments.
23. $30.00 ELEMENTS OF MINING ENGINEERING, Vol 3,
published by the Colliery Engineer Co, 1900, about 500 pages. Covers
haulage, hoisting, surface arrangments, drilling and more.
24. $30.00 CANADIAN MINING MANUAL, 1927, 450 pages,
published by Canadian Mining Journal. Great reference book about the
practical mining business. Articles designed to help the miner and
mine owner. Packed with photos.
Shipments will be made by Media Mail to the US at actual cost of
shipping. Or by Priority Mail at the actual price of shipping. Your
Cash, check or Paypal. Your choice.
Please contact me off list at:
12020 Old Seward Highway
Anchorage, AK 99515