Tramway Quiz!

  • Duane Ericson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14, 2007
      Thought I'd try something to perk up this site: I posted pictures of
      three obscure narrow gauge tramway/railroads in the Photos section
      under under "Atramway Quiz". All are in Arizona or New Mexico, the
      photos were taken on my November road trip. Can anyone identify them?
      here are a few hints: All served mines. None were common carriers. If
      anyone can guess all three they will win ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
    • rands00
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2007
        Okay, I give up!

        Rich

        --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "Duane Ericson" <duaneericson@...> wrote:

        > Thought I'd try something to perk up this site: I posted pictures of
        > three obscure narrow gauge tramway/railroads in the Photos section
        > under under "Atramway Quiz". All are in Arizona or New Mexico, the
        > photos were taken on my November road trip. Can anyone identify them?
        > here are a few hints: All served mines. None were common carriers. If
        > anyone can guess all three they will win ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

      • Mike Conder
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2007
          A couple of photos look like Hackberry, and aother looks like
          mogollon. But I've never been to the former and it's been a long time
          since I've been to the latter!

          No clue on the headframe, though ....

          Mike Conder

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 16, 2007
            Good guess! The one is indeed the tramway above Mogollon, the headframe
            is the remains of the Little Fanny Mine at Mogollon, the huge mill was
            torn down about 15-20 years ago.
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007
              I know that this is somewhat of a late entry. One looks like it could
              be the Blue Bell near Mayer, AZ.
            • Duane Ericson
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007
                --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <sjarmanII@...> wrote:

                > I know that this is somewhat of a late entry. One looks like it could
                > be the Blue Bell near Mayer, AZ.

                Steve-none of these pictures are of the Mayer area, but it does make me
                wonder; Is the Blue Bell a different tramway than the Hackberry? I
                don't remember hearing of a tram at the Blue Bell. The reason i ask is
                that I'm slowly working on a book of industrial narrow gauges in AZ.
                I'm not knowledgable of the narrow gauges north of Phoenix, but I'd
                like to include the Hackberry and others because it wouldn't be
                complete without them, and they were pretty darn cool!
              • Steve
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 6, 2007
                  > Steve-none of these pictures are of the Mayer area, but it does make
                  me
                  > wonder; Is the Blue Bell a different tramway than the Hackberry? I
                  > don't remember hearing of a tram at the Blue Bell. The reason i ask
                  is
                  > that I'm slowly working on a book of industrial narrow gauges in AZ.
                  > I'm not knowledgable of the narrow gauges north of Phoenix, but I'd
                  > like to include the Hackberry and others because it wouldn't be
                  > complete without them, and they were pretty darn cool!

                  Sorry, my mistake. The Blue Bell had an arial tramway that carried ore
                  to Humbolt. I'm thinking of the Bluebird near Mammoth and the 30 in.
                  Copper Creek Railway.