Hello Group...

  • John Schroeder
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
      Am intrested in modeling a Western Gold mine for a planned On30 layout... Any, and all help so far as drawings of structures would be great... Nothing large at all... Also would like to build a 10 or so stamp mill... Many thanks...

      John ...

    • Ted Wiese
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
        Western Scale Models has announced a 10 stamp mill that is complete
        and not too large - 9 x 12 or so

        ted

        >Am intrested in modeling a Western Gold mine for a planned On30
        >layout... Any, and all help so far as drawings of structures would
        >be great... Nothing large at all... Also would like to build a 10 or
        >so stamp mill... Many thanks...
        >
        > John ...

        Ted Wiese
        San Juan Southern Railroad

        mearsted@...

        Modeling RGS to Red Mountain in On3
        Mini-Bunch at http://www.narrowtracks.com/minibunch
      • Darryl Huffman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
          John,

          Western Scale Models has all you need:

          http://westernscalemodels.com/

          Darryl Huffman
          12020 Old Seward Highway
          Anchorage, Alaska 99515

          For information about my new Rock Casting and Coloring DVD, follow this
          link:

          http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/custom.html
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
            --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, Ted Wiese <mearsted@a...> wrote:

            > Western Scale Models has announced a 10 stamp mill that is complete
            > and not too large - 9 x 12 or so
            >
            > ted

            A 10 stamp mill usually ran about 30 or so tons per 24 hour shift.
            Always figure around 3 tons/stamp/24 hours. And they used plenty of
            water. Some were able to run more ore.. It boils down whether the stamp
            mill was a crusher or an crusher/amalgamating machine. It wasn't all
            stamps in the early days. Many mills after crushing the ore ran them
            through Cornish rolls to get an even finer product. It all depended on
            the nature of the ore, oxides/carbonates or the difficult sulfides.
            Also silver and gold differed in the way they were handled.

            Back to the 10 stamp mill. Plan around a small mine or mines and small
            hoppers if you are delivering by railroad.

            Jim Besleme