Re: New member

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 27, 2005
      --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, Martin Fischer <yg2004@s...> wrote:

      Greetings Martin;
      I really enjoyed looking at the pictures on your web site. I was
      curious about what material was used to create the water. Can you
      share the methods and materials used to create the river?

      Bill

      > Hi,
      >
      > as a new member I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Martin
      Fischer and I
      > live in Karlsruhe, Germany. I'm mostly interested in model
      railroading in
      > HOn3. My planned layout is based on mining railroads, especially in
      British
      > Columbia. Especially inspiring to me are the Kaslo & Slocan and of
      course the
      > Dolly Varden. Some of my modeling work and my plans can be seen at
      >
      > http://narrowgauge.railfan.net/
      >
      > Regards
      > Martin

    • Martin Fischer
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 28, 2005
        Bill,

        > I really enjoyed looking at the pictures on your web site. I was
        > curious about what material was used to create the water. Can you
        > share the methods and materials used to create the river?

        Thanks for the compliments. To be honest creating realistic water is still a miracle for me. I assume you are talking about photos in the gallery. These were taken at exhibitions of other people's layouts so usually I don't know about the materials they used.

        Regards
        Martin