Re: Mammoth Copper's RRs

  • Randy Rouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2005
      Greg,
      Thanks for the information on the Mammoth operations.
      After digging a little deeper I have discovered that the picture in
      question (showing a 24"-30"? electric RR) was mislabeled. I think
      that it might be the electric RR located at the Gladstone mine. This
      would make it a gold mining operation. I knew the Mammoth electric
      was 36" but I thought maybe there was a second smaller operation at
      the same site. The picture threw me off.
      I was also incorrect with regards to the 36" steam at the Kennett
      smelter. I was thinking of the Keswick smelter to SP line duel gauge
      of the Mountain Copper Company. That's what I get for not checking my
      notes. The switching at the Kennett smelter was handled by the SP
      standard gauge.
      Where did you come across the information that you found? I'm
      interested in any further documentation of these railroads.
      Thanks for setting my facts straight.
      Randy
    • Mark K
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2005
        G'day all,
        Posted on another list:
        http://www.modvid.com.au/html/mining___logging.html
        Mario Rapinett's fine photo efforts of Shantytown NZ
        Cheers,
        Mark K
        Sydney Oz