need photos of historic stamping mills or models

  • dwain and paz (laifong) wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2005
      hello-somewhere i saw an incredible model of a hillside stamping
      mill/mine, cannot remember where. we are www.wrightmodelworks.com,
      and a few customers have ask us to consider making a HO scale stamping
      mill with interior as a kit. we like the absolute max detail models,
      any information at all very greatly appreciated! and ps, my wife,
      laifong, an extremely talented builder is looking for some kits to be
      built, her charges are reasonable, and she's lots better looking than
      i am. you can see our work on the above site and on
      www.dwainwright.com. thanks all-
      dwain and laifong
    • Scott Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2005
        Western Scale Models, http://www.westernscalemodels.com/, has
        produced kits for a 20 stamp mill in HO, S and O scale, though these
        were limited run and are no longer produced, kits for the machinery
        are readily available from Western Scale Models in the afore-mentioned
        scales as well as 1:20.3. WSM also publishes a book with detailed
        plans for a mill. Obviously one could not ethically redo the same kit
        from this information for sale, but the info will give a person a
        place to begin developing their own ideas. American Model Builders
        also produces, (or has produced), some stamp mill machinery in HO
        scale.
        The Shortline and Narrow Gauge Gazette has run numerous articles on
        stamp mill models, several in the last two years.