Re: hello all

  • the_one_tuatha_ddana
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
      Scott, nice to have you here!

      My grand father and later my uncle worked at Climax for a while. My
      uncle was later a mill shift supervisor at both the Urad and
      Henderson Mines. Do you have any thing to share with the group on
      the meter gauge tram that served the Henderson Mine. I have no
      pictures of it save for some in a couple of AMAX prospectus
      brochures. There were at least two unit trains in operation. The
      whole setup, loco's, ore cars, overhead centenary were all
      manufactured in Sweeden and set up in Colorado by the manufacturing
      firm in, the 70's I think. It was quite a ways of the beaten path
      and not seen often by the outside world.

      Dale Buxton
    • Scott Anderson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
        I think one of the Lokies is on display at the Western Museum of Mining and
        Industry in Colorado Springs
        http://www.wmmi.org/index.htm . Unfortunately there is no photo of the Lokie
        on this web site. I do know that the Henderson Mine replaced rail haulage
        with a new conveyor system as of 2000. They are still in production. I am
        going for a visit/tour soon, any specific questions? I'll see if there are
        any photos that the mine is willing to share with the group. I located this
        article about the tram, http://www.transportwriter.com/writing4.htm I hope
        it provides some new info for you. Scott

        My grand father and later my uncle worked at Climax for a while. My
        uncle was later a mill shift supervisor at both the Urad and
        Henderson Mines. Do you have any thing to share with the group on
        the meter gauge tram that served the Henderson Mine. I have no
        pictures of it save for some in a couple of AMAX prospectus
        brochures. There were at least two unit trains in operation. The
        whole setup, loco's, ore cars, overhead centenary were all
        manufactured in Sweeden and set up in Colorado by the manufacturing
        firm in, the 70's I think. It was quite a ways of the beaten path
        and not seen often by the outside world.

        Dale Buxton

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296nktk2/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1706533813:HM/EXP=1088753783/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2164339/rand=383052918>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Jeanie & Tim Stolle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
          Dale, there are a few fotos on the Denver Public Library site of the
          Henderson operation and I'll dig em up and post em to the Photos section. I
          bought a great video of the Henderson Mine train system...flange squeals and
          all...have watched it a couple times. Sad to say a big conveyer system
          handles the rock now.

          Tim Stolle
          > My grand father and later my uncle worked at Climax for a while. My
          > uncle was later a mill shift supervisor at both the Urad and
          > Henderson Mines. Do you have any thing to share with the group on
          > the meter gauge tram that served the Henderson Mine. I have no
          > pictures of it save for some in a couple of AMAX prospectus
          > brochures. There were at least two unit trains in operation. The
          > whole setup, loco's, ore cars, overhead centenary were all
          > manufactured in Sweeden and set up in Colorado by the manufacturing
          > firm in, the 70's I think. It was quite a ways of the beaten path
          > and not seen often by the outside world.
          >
          > Dale Buxton
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Scott Anderson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
            One other thought just popped into mind, The Colorado Railroad Museum sells
            a video of the Henderson Railway, http://www.crrm.org/train_videos-g.html
            Scott

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
              The_one_tuatha_ddana wrote:

              > Do you have any thing to share with the group on
              > the meter gauge tram that served the Henderson Mine. I have no
              > pictures of it save for some in a couple of AMAX prospectus
              > brochures. There were at least two unit trains in operation. The
              > whole setup, loco's, ore cars, overhead centenary were all
              > manufactured in Sweeden and set up in Colorado by the manufacturing
              > firm in, the 70's I think. It was quite a ways of the beaten path
              > and not seen often by the outside world.

              There is a commercial video available on the Henderson Tram, taken not
              long before it closed. It is available in both VHS and DVD formats.

              Brian Rumary, England

              http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm