Gold diggers!

  • Layton Snover Sr.
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 16, 2013
      I enjoyed your posts Ron, at least they are pertinent to the world around us today.. and mining is my second RR interest.

      Was watching the news yesterday about the Boston M. The 2nd "harbinger" for the U.S., but it too, will be ignored.

      :o(

      Best,
      Lee Snover

      On Apr 16, 2013, at 3:48 PM, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:

      > References to gold, silver, natural resources, stocks and bonds are strickly my opinion, and definitely not predictions. Everyone has something in the investment world they favor looking at the big picture. The big picture around the world is definitely mixed, if not cloudy. If I have offended anyone with my opinions I apologize. This group is about narrow gauge and mining... my discussions about investing clearly belong somewhere else.
      >
      > Ron Richardson, Roseville CA
    • David Barron
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 16, 2013

        Like it has always been said before, never put all your eggs in one basket.  In other words, invest in several things, mutual, IRA’s, Stocks, Gold, Silver, land, and happiness.  Never trust your government as it wants to take what you earn and give it to others who have not earned it.  Keep yourself armed to protect your family and property.  Don’t listen to those that promise you the world and turn around and do the opposite.

        Dave

        You havent offended me and maybe you are right.

        Ken

        Citrus Heights

      • Ken Ruble
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 16, 2013
          I agree.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 16, 2013
            You get several "dittos" for your message David. I agree whole heartedly.

            --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "David Barron" <climax@...> wrote:

            > Like it has always been said before, never put all your eggs in one basket. In other words, invest in several things, mutual, IRA’s, Stocks, Gold, Silver, land, and happiness. Never trust your government as it wants to take what you earn and give it to others who have not earned it. Keep yourself armed to protect your family and property. Don’t listen to those that promise you the world and turn around and do the opposite.
            >
            > Dave
            >

            > You havent offended me and maybe you are right.
            >

            > Ken
            >
            > Citrus Heights

          • 23weldon
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 17, 2013
              One more shot at opinions ........ Mine is that the better you understand the history, technology and business models of the mining industries the better and more satisfying your modeling efforts will be.  The ups and downs of the US economy and the financial markets have had a profound effect on the mineral extraction industries.
              I'm not suggesting anyone actually play with their financial future on that playing field.  I avoid it like the plague.  But if you do dabble in it you probably have some appreciation of the related boom and bust history.  And it would give you an explanation for the half built and abandoned mining structure on your layout on which the wood hasn't yet weathered.
              ............ Ed Weldon ...... (How about a sign on that foam core mockup saying  "waiting for the price of silver to go up" ?) :>)