Electric Substation

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 10:04 AM
      Thanks to all who replied with information on electric substations. I've posted a photo in my folder, Mines of Tintic, of what I've come up with so far. I found I had a photo from the Salt Lake Mining Review, ca. 1910 of the south end of the substation at the Colorado Con. #1 Shaft. The photo reproduction is typical of one scanned from a half tone, but it is clear enough to get an idea of the design of the building. The model is just a representation of that building. I know it isn't completely accurate. However, it suits my purpose.

      Cheers,
      Sam Bass
    • ronaldwolters
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16 10:14 AM
        Sam
        I searched for my notes on the dimensions of the substation @ the Colorado #1, can't find then at all.
        Ron

        --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <tinticng@...> wrote:

        > Thanks to all who replied with information on electric substations. I've posted a photo in my folder, Mines of Tintic, of what I've come up with so far. I found I had a photo from the Salt Lake Mining Review, ca. 1910 of the south end of the substation at the Colorado Con. #1 Shaft. The photo reproduction is typical of one scanned from a half tone, but it is clear enough to get an idea of the design of the building. The model is just a representation of that building. I know it isn't completely accurate. However, it suits my purpose.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Sam Bass

      • Sam
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17 8:05 PM
          Well rats, Ron, I guess that means I'll have to wait until the snow's off and the grade dries out to get down there to measure it. I was looking at a photo of the Iron Blossom #3 and am wondering if the substation there was the same size as the one at the Colorado #1. The substation at the Iron Blossom has collapsed, leaving a pile of brick with the concrete slab roof lying on it. Spent the last couple of days working on drawings of an ore bin, based on one at the Tintic Standard, for my new free-lanced mine. Boy, that was one massive structure!

          Cheers,
          Sam