Sonora Narrow Gauge

  • Woodie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2011
      I just got Duane Ericson's new book-Sonora Narrow Gauge-and it is a real dandy. Everyone on this site should get a copy, you won't be sorry. Duane has found some great rare photos and histories of several Mexican mining railroads, from 24" gauge to standard gauge. Early day mining modelers will love this one and those with a modern operation will get some great ideas also. If you ever wondered what happened to SPNG X-1 diesel, get this book, if you have a Bachmann On30 OF 2-8-0, there's one of those also. I am just starting to read the text, the photos kept me enthralled. Do I like the new book, heck yes..and I hope all will add it to your libraries. I don't have a monetary connection here, I just believe in great information and Duane has provided us mining lovers with an inspiring work. Drop him a note and get a copy or two.
      Woodie
    • KC
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
        Sent for a copy yesterday, looking forward to going through it
        myself.

        Ken
        GWN
      • dsheber
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
          Does anyone have Duane's Contact info to get a copy. Thank, Dave S.
        • Kjb80401@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
            Dave,

            In the "Messages" section scroll down to message #1354. That's his
            announcement. Click on it. On the new page, click on "Reply" and compose your
            message to him. Then click on "Send".

            Keevan

            In a message dated 2/4/2011 5:17:15 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
            dsheber@... writes:

            Does anyone have Duane's Contact info to get a copy. Thank, Dave S.

          • Brian Rumary
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2011
              Just a heads up. I see from their latest posting that Karen's Books are
              now stocking this book. Useful for those outside the USA, as Karen's
              are set up to handle foreign sales.

              www.karensbooks.com

              My only connection is that I have occasionally used their services to
              get US books whose publishers don't take "plastic".

              Brian Rumary, England

              www.rumary.co.uk