New narrow gauge/mining book

  • duane
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2010
      Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the project of been working on for the last five years will be published very soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks, Duane Ericson

      New book cover:
    • Woodie Greene
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2010
        Howdy Duane-be sure to put me on your list for the new book. I am glad that you aren't using the "middle man" from the Silver City book, best of luck and the cover sure looks like a winner
                             Woodie

        Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the project of been working on for the last five years will be published very soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks, Duane Ericson

        New book cover:

      • Allen Sprowl
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2010
          Hi everybody!, just stopped by to say morning and congatulations and anticpating the new book one can never Have enough narrow -guage Books to read and Zfill the library enjoy your weekend and have fun whatever your doing This weekend. Grizz

          Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the project of been working on for the last five years will be published very soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks, Duane Ericson

          New book cover:

        • Harold Huber
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2010
            Duane,
            I am so pleased with the Silver City book and would like to have this new book
            Harold Huber
            Ultimate Research LLC
            Sheridan, WY
            Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the project of been working on for the last five years will be published very soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks, Duane Ericson

            New book cover:

          • lloyd lehrer
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2010
              duane; what is the purchase mechanism? Are you making an email list?

              On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM, duane <duaneericson@...> wrote:

              > Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the
              > project of been working on for the last five years will be published very
              > soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about
              > 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in
              > Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also
              > happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very
              > affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a
              > profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and
              > exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks,
              > Duane Ericson
              >
              > New book cover:

              lloyd 310 951-9097

            • VerneN
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2010
                Duane, I am eagerly awaiting this book...your prototypes are my little mining road's neighbors just south of the border, and this will be a fascinating read. Pls. advise when it is out, and if I can get mine through Coronado Scale Models or direct. Congratulations!

                --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "duane" <duaneericson@...> wrote:

                > Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the project of been working on for the last five years will be published very soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks, Duane Ericson
                >

                > New book cover:

              • ebt16
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2010
                  Duane,

                  Sounds like a book I could use for my next model rr project! Be sure to send out the info to the group!

                  Matt

                  --- In NGMMG@yahoogroups.com, "duane" <duaneericson@...> wrote:

                  > Hello: Im pleased (and my patient wife relieved) to announce that the project of been working on for the last five years will be published very soon. The book will be called "Sonora Narrow Gauge" and will feature about 150 maps and rare photographs of the narrow gauge railroads and mines in Sonora Mexico, most of which have not been previosly published. Im also happy that although it will be a high quality book, it will be very affordable as Ive eliminated all of the middle men and am not expecting a profit: I'm just hoping to break even so that continue researching and exploring old mines! will keep everyone posted when I know more, Thanks, Duane Ericson
                  >

                  > New book cover:

                • KC
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2010
                    Duane

                    Looking forward to getting a copy also, will watch for further
                    info on the group.

                    Ken Clark
                    GWN
                  • Carlos R.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 6, 2010
                      You might have already posted information on how to order your new book, but if
                      not could you tell us how to get our very own copy? Thanks.

                      Carlos R.
                      Phoenix, AZ

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 7, 2010
                        Thanks for the replies and interest: I'd rather not take orders until the book is back from the printers, but I will post info when it is ready, hopefully early November. Im looking at going through Amazon and/or Ebay, and i'm hoping that it will be available at a few specialty stores like Coronado Scale models.
                        btw, it will be around $35-40, mostly to cover the cost of photograph rights. Thanks for the support, Duane Ericson
                      • Woodie Greene
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 7, 2010
                          Duane-here in Dallas, the local train store-Discount Model Trains-carries a great many books and magazines, you might check with them also. I know several guys here who would like to be able to go there and buy your book, I am able to "twist" many arms.
                          Great luck, I am waiting.
                                    the "other" W C Greene

                          Thanks for the replies and interest: I'd rather not take orders until the book is back from the printers, but I will post info when it is ready, hopefully early November. Im looking at going through Amazon and/or Ebay, and i'm hoping that it will be available at a few specialty stores like Coronado Scale models.
                          btw, it will be around $35-40, mostly to cover the cost of photograph rights. Thanks for the support, Duane Ericson

                        • David Barron
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 11, 2010
                            Duane, please let me know when the book is back from the printers as I want
                            to get one too.

                            Dave Barron Email: climax@...
                            www.SierraScaleModels.com

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 19, 2011