Re: ECC Ore Car

  • tinticng
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Dick,

      Think you can find somebody to reproduce that pedestal in HO? If you can, I'd be very tempted to try to build the car. I think it can be done in HO if I use brass. I'm waiting for your completed drawings to see if I was even halfway correct with mine. By the way, have you figured out where the brake cylinder and linkage are? I'm beginning to think that the B end of the car had the hand brake and the cylinder worked the brake on the other end. Comments?

      Sam Bass
    • same
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
        Hi Sam,

        Will post a sketch of what I've come up with both for the brake and bottom door linkage.
        I have been trying to finish a model of a three stamp prospector's mill, in 1:20.3 scale. Need to get up to the hills to pick up some rocks for the ore bin. Last summer we found a nice pile of Quartz with some big pieces of "Fools Gold" in it, will be a bit convincing in the ore bin. Will bring you a sample if I can get up there before we meet in Moscow. Talking about Moscow...was down there about two weeks ago and they have lost ledger no. 101. This ledger may have noted who really built these cars.