Enginehouse restoration

  • tinticng
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2009
      Hello Group,

      Just thought I'd post a couple of photos of the restoration efforts by the South Custer Historical Society on the 106 year old enginehouse of the Empire Copper Co.'s narrow gauge railroad. The railroad was abandoned ca. 1918 when the aerial tram went into operation. The folks in Mackay, ID have done a wonderful job in documenting and preserving what remains of the physical plant of the mines in the area. Stop by if you're ever in the area.

      Photos are in the "Enginehouse Restoration" album in the Photos section.

      Sam Bass
    • tinticng
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2009
        OOPS. I should have said that the photos of the enginehouse restoration are in the Empire Copper Co. enginehouse album.

        Sam Bass
      • daniel caso
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2009
          Sam:

               Great photos. thank you.
               Do you have more? May be also showing the interior?

                              Daniel