    From: "George Konrad" <georgekonradmmr@...>
    Sent: Monday, December 9, 2013 8:11pm
    To: "NGMMG@yahoogroups.com" <NGMMG@yahoogroups.com>
    Subject: Re: Re: [NGMMG] Death Valley RR hopper cars

    Correction, those trucks used were 4'8". close enough!
    George

    On Monday, December 9, 2013 5:08 PM, George Konrad <georgekonradmmr@...> wrote:
    Hello all,
    I read a post in this thread (or perhaps another) noting that someone had found 4'6" wb truck sideframes. This person had also mounted a pair of these trucks on a "cut-out" of the car, which looked right on, by the way.
    If any of you know what brand, etc. these trucks were, I would like to know, as the DV hopper still wanders around in my mind's "things I must do someday" box.
    Many thanks,
    George

    On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:48 PM, George Konrad <georgekonradmmr@...> wrote:
    Bill,
    That long wheel base (in comparison to most trucks on the D&RGW) with the trucks mounted quite near the ends of the car really "make" this hopper for me. So your extra 2" would only enhance that look. Have fun,
    George

    On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:10 PM, "bfornshell@..." <bfornshell@...> wrote:
    Hi George,
    Thanks again for the new drawing.
    I thought they were Archbar type trucks.  I spent some time this afternoon looking for On30 trucks.  I couldn't find any 4'-6" ones but did find some that were 4'-8" with 26" wheels and bought three pair.  I can live with the extra 2" on the wheelbase and don't expect anyone would know if I didn't tell them.
    I have been working version 3 this evening. This version has the higher sides like the Death Valley prototype.
    Bill Fornshell