2057Re: Re: [NGMMG] Death Valley RR Hopper Car

  • George Konrad
    Dec 9, 2013
        Whose 4'8" trucks did you use?
      Many thanks,

      On Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:28 AM, George Konrad <georgekonradmmr@...> wrote:
      Yes! That sure looks like the DV hopper to me! Please build a string of seven or so. And if you run out of yard space on your layout...................

      On Friday, December 6, 2013 10:45 PM, "bfornshell@..." <bfornshell@...> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from bfornshell@... included below]
      This is version 3 of my On30 Death Valley Hopper Car.  The prototype used trucks that were 4'-6" with 26" wheels.  The closest I was able to find were some that were 4'-8" but they did have the 26" wheels like the prototype.  I made a temporary frame and installed the trucks.  The trucks look like a good fit for Hopper Car.  The bolsters on the real frame will be made out of metal so I can thread the holes so the truck screws shouldn't show.
      I expect to start on the HOn3 or HOn30 version of this model over the weekend.
      Bill Fornshell
      This is version 3 of my Death Valley

    • Show all 38 messages in this topic