File - What I can do

  • NFBUG@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 151 , Sep 1, 2003
      What can I do to achieve better bicycling in Atlanta?

      Here are some ideas for helping NFBUG reach the goal of more and better bicycling where we live, work and play. Each is an example of individual action that gives the group and the goal a higher public profile. That will make a difference.

      * attend a public meeting and ask for bicycle accommodation
      * write a letter to your public servants with the same request
      * request a bicycle rack at a place that you bicycle to (work, shopping, church, library or other public building) but doesn't have one
      * introduce yourself to your local bicycle/pedestrian planner and offer your help in the bike/ped planning process
      * join a fun ride, or start one
      * place NFBUG literature at your favorite haunt, workplace, library, school or bike shop after securing clear approval from responsible person at the location
      * promote bicycling and NFBUG to the people you meet
      * encourage your bicycling friends to join NFBUG
      * stay involved!

      Some on-line specific actions you can take:

      * keep your e-mail address current in our member list
      * add material (links, files, poll questions, calendar events) to our collection
      * record your vote in all of our poll questions
      * send a message to nfbug@yahoogroups.com to bring up a new idea and to keep us all informed
      *Please TRIM your replies to group messages to conserve our free storage space.
      * Please IGNORE the rare misuses of our unrestricted member list. Make no comment on purely commercial messages, except perhaps in private to the moderators. We all get junk mail, and we all know what to do with it.
    • NFBUG@yahoogroups.com