Stompin Tom: song about the John Harvey?

  • noelegance
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Any leads, please reply directly to Leo Feinstein and/or Heather Sparling at the addresses below. Thanks!

      Greetings from Halifax. Please read the following e-mail from Dr. Heather Sparling. Heather is a good friend, from the Canadian Society for Traditional Music (CSTM). She thinks now that a song about the wreck of the John Harvey may not have been recorded by Stompin' Tom. But any leads at least to the lyrics for such song would be greatly appreciated.

      Cheers,
      Leo Feinstein
      lfeinstein@...

      Subject: [CSTM] Stompin Tom: song about the John Harvey?
      From: "Heather Sparling" <heather_sparling@...>
      Date: Thu, September 29, 2011 20:14
      To: CSTM-L@...

      Hi folks,

      As many of you know, I'm working on a disaster song project. I've heard that Stompin' Tom did a song about the wreck of the John Harvey (a shipwreck song) but I can find no information about the song itself. Does anyone know if Stompin' Tom really did sing such a song? If so, what album is it on? Any chance that anyone has the lyrics lying around?? Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

      Cheers,
      Heather

      Heather Sparling, PhD
      Associate Professor, Ethnomusicology