2 NJ JEWISH SINGLES SATURDAY NIGHT PARTIES

  • mangonepapaya
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2003
      2 NJ JEWISH SINGLES SATURDAY NIGHT PARTIES
      NOVEMBER 1ST AND NOVEMBER 8TH
      Please note that our group is neither
      a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group,
      it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as
      garnered from the restaurants
      we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or
      lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the
      restaurants. Just be Jewish,
      single, 21-59 to come to our events.
      You can be Reform or
      Conservative or
      Orthodox, etc.

      Jewish Singles Saturday Night Parties in New Jersey
      7:30 P.M.SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1ST AND Saturday NOVEMBER 8TH,
      2003 c.e.
      at 7:30 P.M. sharp! At Manhattan Kosher
      Restaurant which is
      located at 26B Chestnut Ridge Road,
      Montvale, New Jersey
      telephone number: (201)307-8707 in the Chestnut Ridge Shopping Center.
      Please be Jewish, single, 21-59. As
      always we never charge
      a fee for our events. Just pay for
      what you order plus tax and tip.
      Just ask the waiters or waitresses
      where the singles table(s)
      are/is This is a small restaurant
      but be prepared to have a big meal if
      you are hungry. This is a
      non-smoking restaurant. Please honor
      our age requirements. IF YOU ARE
      OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS Take the Garden State
      Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at the light at the exit then
      make
      a left at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge Road
      then go about half a mile then make a right into the Chestnut Ridge
      Shopping Center on your right. IF YOU GET LOST PLEASE CALL THE
      RESTAURANT at (201)307-8707 Although this restaurant is called
      Manhattan restaurant it is definitely in New Jersey, not in New York.
      (This is a Kosher restaurant under Orthodox supervision of ordained
      Yeshiva Torah V'daath Beth Medrash Elyon, Monsey, Rabbi Israel
      Steinberg (718) 232-4275 1823 53rd Street Brooklyn, NY, 11204 whose
      Kosher certificates along with those from the State of New Jersey
      hang
      in the restaurant window. Please note that our group is neither a
      Reform, nor a Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a
      Jewish Singles group. We provide the information as garnered from the
      restaurants we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at
      each
      restaurant. We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants.)
      This is a Kosher Jewish restaurant serving traditional Jewish American
      food. Although it is NOT a vegetarian restaurant vegetable cutlets,
      Kasha Varnishkes, salads, Kasha knishes, spinach and broccoli
      knishes, a small salad bar, desserts, etc. are available for those
      who happen to be vegetarian. Please honor our age requirements. IF
      YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21
      PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS- We're really serious about our age range
      ! Absolutely! Positively! Reservations are NOT required. Please save
      the date! SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1ST AND NOVEMBER 8TH, 2003. At 7:30 P.M.
      This is your chance to get away from your computer! To come out to
      the real world!
      the restaurant is moderately priced and the food is good. We hope to
      see you there. Reservations are NOT required. You do not have to be a
      member in order to attend. Should you decide to become a member
      remember that membership is free! We are really strict about our age
      limits. If you are under 21 or over 59 please do not attend our
      events. Thank You. p.s. a special request to help make our events
      even
      more successful! Please invite every Jewish single friend you have
      who
      is between 21 and 59 by forwarding this to them Thanks very much.
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      NJ JEWISH SINGLES NETWORK seeks to bring Jewish Singles who are over
      21 and under 60 in New Jersey together via the net and in real life.
      We hope that members will share information about themselves and about
      events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to have a house party, a
      movies and dinner group, or other activity let us share that
      information too.
      Let us all get together on the net and in real life. Please pass
      along this information to everyone you know thanks
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59
      Subscribe:
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE GROUP OR THE
      EVENT INSTEAD PLEASE POST YOUR QUERIES AT THE GROUP THANKS Please
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      IF YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO
      NOT ATTEND THANKS. This is a non-smoking restaurant! Just ask the
      waitresses or
      waiters for the singles table(s).

      Introduction Time
      just post your introduction to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59/
      Post message: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      For those Jewish singles from anywhere, both inside New Jersey and
      outside New Jersey, I also happen to moderate another fine group:
      Post message: jewishmatch@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: jewishmatch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      If You Are Single, Jewish, over 21, in search of someone else who is
      too, you
      have come to the Right Place.
      Please be polite. Let's all introduce ourselves when we join and from
      time to
      time as new members keep joining. Please be polite and discreet. If
      you do meet
      one another in real life public places like book store cafes are
      highly
      recommended. We hope that you will agree that you have come to the
      Right Place
      for Jewish Singles from everywhere to meet.
      While many of us have names that are
      recognizably Jewish, others
      do not. If you are Jewish, and do not
      have a recognizably Jewish
      name, please let us know in your
      introduction that you are Jewish,
      as our group is designed to bring Jews
      together with other Jews,
      and not with non-Jews. Where there is
      a lack of certainty
      on our part as to whether or not the
      poster is Jewish, introductions
      that
      do not bear recognizably Jewish names,
      and do not state in the
      introductions that the poster is
      Jewish, are deleted, rather than
      posted. We do not want to delete introductions from
      Jews, so please state that you are Jewish in your introduction
      so that we may post it rather than delete it. Thank You.

      p.s. We realize that there are exceptions in terms of recognizably
      Jewish names sometimes belonging to non-Jews, as for instance in
      the prominent case of former Clinton Defense Secretary William
      Cohen, whose father was Jewish, but whose mother was not Jewish,
      as he approached his 13th birthday he was asked by his Rabbi to
      convert to Judaism so that he could have his Bar Mitzvah, incensed,
      Cohen converted to the faith of his mother rather than have his
      Bar Mitzvah.
      Judaism has traditionally been matrilineal in terms of descent as
      so many Jewish women have been raped by non-Jews over the course
      of history. Today there is also a movement afoot to recognize
      patrilineal descent, largely because there is so much inter-marriage
      between Jews and non-Jews.
      Our group was founded largely in an attempt to do our part to help to
      make it possible for Jews to form relationships
      with Jews, some of which, hopefully, would lead to marriages
      between Jews, and to children resulting from those marriages
      being
      raised as Jews, as few children who are the result of marriages
      between Jews and non-Jews end up being raised as Jews, former
      Defense Secretary Cohen being one such example of the results of
      such intermarriage resulting in a child being raised as a non-Jew.
    • mangonepapaya

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2003
[...]

          the dates! SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1ST AND NOVEMBER 8TH, 2003. At 7:30 P.M.