Jewish Singles Events in New Jersey

  • mangonepapaya
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2003
      Jewish Singles Events in New Jersey
      Please note that our group is neither
      a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group,
      it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as
      garnered from the restaurants
      we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or
      lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the
      restaurants. Just be Jewish,
      single, 21-59 to come to our events.
      You can be Reform or
      Conservative or
      Orthodox,etc.

      PARTY NUMBER ONE: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH 2003 C.E. AT NOON SHARP! At
      Jerusalem
      Restaurant (this is a cafeteria) The restaurant describes itself as
      serving "Contemporary Vegetarian Cuisine", although non-vegetarians
      also have a selection of fish dishes to choose from. The restaurant
      is Shomer Shabbos and the original was established in 1974. It is
      under the supervision of Orthodox Rabbis of Metro West. As noted
      above, our group is neither a Reform, nor a Conservative, nor an
      Orthodox group, it is simply a Jewish Singles group. We provide the
      information as garnered from the restaurants we go to, concerning the
      Kashrut, or lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants. Jerusalem
      Restaurant is located at 99 West Mount Pleasant Avenue (also known
      as Route 10) in Livingston NJ, The telephone number of the restaurant,
      in case you get lost is 973 533-1424. The menu includes Vegetarian
      Falafel, Chumus, Dairy, Pizza,salads,pasta,kugels, knishes,
      latkes,
      pierogies, quiches,vegetarian (soy) stuffed pepper, stuffed cabbage,
      vegetarian meatballs,vegetarian chili, vegetarian cholent, soups,
      sandwiches, on pitas, bagels, cream cheese, lox, etc. Again, this is
      a cafeteria, pay only for what you order plus tax. We will be there
      at NOON sharp on SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH
      Directions to Jerusalem Restaurant
      (cafeteria) are as follows: From the Garden State Parkway North or
      South,
      take Exit 145 to Route 280 WEST to Exit 5A Livingston South, go a
      little over
      a mile to the 2nd light. Make a right at the 2nd light onto Mount
      Pleasant Avenue (also known as Route 10) go almost 3 tenths of a
      mile, the restaurant is located just past the VFW, make a left into
      the Jerusalem Restaurant parking lot. Go into the cafeteria, get your
      food, and find us at one or more of the tables in the cafeteria
      SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH 2003 C.E. AT NOON SHARP!
      Note if you are coming from the WEST
      take Route 280 EAST to Exit 5A Livingston South and follow the
      directions above. If you are taking Route 287 North or South take
      Route 287 to Route 80 East then take Route 280 Eastbound to Exit 5A
      Livingston South and follow the directions above.

      AFTER LUNCH MANY OF US WILL BE HEADING OVER TO THE NEARBY
      http://www.jewishfair.com/
      The Fair takes place at South Mountain Reservation in West Orange, NJ
      WHILE WE HAVE NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER WITH THE FAIR ITSELF OR WITH
      ITS SPONSORS WE DO SUPPORT THE FAIR AND HOPE THAT EVERYONE WHO READS
      THIS
      WILL GO TO THE FAIR, INFORMATION IN THE SECTION IMMEDIATELY BELOW IS
      FROM THE FAIR:
      "About The Fair

      On September 7, 2003, Lubavitch Outreach Center (visit our website at
      www.orangejews.org) and The Rabbinical College of America will
      present the 25th
      Annual Jewish Renaissance Fair. What began as a dream 25 years ago
      has become
      the major Jewish community event.

      In 1978, the Jewish Renaissance Fair was born. "We created a festival
      of Jewish
      music." Says Fair organizer Rabbi Boruch Klar,"I remember we called
      it `Mellow
      Music in Morristown'. A thousand people showed up at the first Fair
      on the
      beautiful 15 acre campus of the Rabbinical College of America. After
      many
      amazing years, The Fair had outgrown Morristown. Parking was a
      concern. In its
      20th year, The Fair moved to Liberty State Park to accommodate the
      ever-growing
      crowds and, in fact, well over 10,000 people came to the Park, which
      faced both
      the Statue of Liberty and the Twin Towers. Traffic backed up on the
      New Jersey
      Turnpike for an hour and a half. We decided to move The Fair back to
      our
      community in a beautiful County park. We found the perfect setting in
      South
      Mountain Reservation in West Orange, a park on the reservoir with
      natural
      amphitheaters for stage performances and best of all, ample easy
      parking just
      across the street. The Fair has grown to become a wonderful event that
      thousands of Jewish children look forward to each year – a family day
      of fun,
      excitement and most importantly, inspiration".

      TWENTY-FIVE YEARS is the theme of this Fair, with more rides, more
      music and
      more fun than ever. On the Main Stage is everyone's favorite uncle,
      Uncle
      Moishy and his Mitzvah Men. Also featured on the Main Stage is a
      great klezmer
      band from Princeton, New Jersey, The Klez Dispensers. In addition,
      Vaudeville
      shows, magic, unicyclists, fire-eaters, jugglers, extreme game shows,
      famous
      character parade and Cowboy Roy will grace the fun-filled Main Stage.

      Throughout The Fairgrounds are more carnival rides than ever,
      carnival games,
      two Great Storybook Hayrides, with stories that come alive, Arts and
      Crafts
      Pavilion, children's workshops where all can see how a real shofar is
      made, and
      where you can make your own. Visitors can even write their name on
      real
      parchment, with quill and ink, guided by our Fair scribe.

      Last year Israeli artists were invited to The Fair. The community
      support was
      so great in their time of need, word is out that the Jewish
      Renaissance Fair is
      the place to be and the finest artists are coming from all over
      Israel to be
      here. As well we have many American artists.

      The World of Good is a fascinating expo of Jewish family life,
      providing a
      creative opportunity to learn about education, marriage, the Jewish
      woman and
      building a world of good. Street theater and music will follow
      Fairgoers
      throughout the grounds, providing fund and excitement everywhere. We
      are proud
      to welcome the Jewish Deaf and Hard of Hearing community to our
      program. All
      shows on the Main Stage will be translated into American Sign
      Language.
      Interpreters are provided by Our Way – a division of The National
      Jewish
      Council for the Disabled.

      Tickets are available at substantial savings at locations throughout
      New Jersey
      and at select locations in New York.

      Children's tickets are $10 ($12.50 at the gate)
      adult's tickets are $15 ($18 at the gate)

      Group rates are available. Please call 973.731.0770 for information
      and
      directions, or go to the directions page on this site.

      To get to The Fair, take the Garden State Parkway or New Jersey
      Turnpike, north
      or south, to Route 280W and continue to Exit 10. From the New York
      City area,
      take the Holland Tunnel to the Pulaski Skyway, to Route 280W. From
      points west,
      use Route 80E to 280E to Exit 7. Directions signs will be posted at
      the exits.

      The rain date is Sunday, September 14.

      The 25th Annual Jewish Renaissance Fair is a project of the
      Rabbinical College
      of America Community Outreach Program and the Lubavitch Center of
      Essex County,
      in cooperation with the County of Essex, Joseph DiVincenzo, County
      Executive
      and the Board of Chosen Freeholders, Johnny Jones, President."
      "Program

      Gates open at 11:00am

      Fair Attractions:
      Storybook Horse-Drawn Hayrides
      Artists' Colony: Fine Gifts and More from America and Israel
      Arts'n'crafts for Children
      World of Good
      Carnival Rides and Games
      On the Main Stage
      Street Theater
      Info
      Food and Drinks
      Torah Workshop
      Candy Land
      On the Main Stage [back to top]
      12:30 - Simply Tsfat
      1:15 - Vaudville Antics
      2:00 - Uncle Moishy
      3:30 - Juggling Act
      4:00 - Torah Tots
      4:45 - CowboyRoy
      5:30 - Xtreme Game Show
      Street Theater [back to top]
      Parade of Famous Costume Characters
      RJ – Magician
      Stilts & Fire Juggler
      Torah Tots
      Info [back to top]
      Lost & Found (Kids & Parents)
      Programs & Information
      Free Charity Box
      Free Raffle
      Food and Drinks [back to top]
      Hot Dogs
      Burgers
      Knishes
      Sodas
      Spring Water
      Candy Land [back to top]
      Cotton Candy
      Snow Cones
      Popcorn

      Torah Workshop [back to top]
      Shofar Factory
      Torah Factory
      Storybook Horse-Drawn Hayrides"

      END OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE FAIR

      ALL OF OUR EVENTS ARE FREE. YOU MUST BE JEWISH,
      SINGLE, 21-59 TO ATTEND. YOU PAY ONLY FOR WHAT YOU ORDER PLUS
      TAX, AND WHERE APPLICABLE, AS AT MANHATTAN RESTAURANT, TIP ALSO.
      THERE IS NO CHARGE TO JOIN OUR GROUP, NO CHARGE TO ATTEND OUR EVENTS.
      ALL OF OUR EVENTS ARE SMOKE-FREE AT SMOKE-FREE RESTAURANTS.
      THERE IS NO SMOKING AT ANY OF OUR EVENTS. IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 OR
      OVER 59 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND OUR EVENTS. THANK YOU

      PARTY NUMBER TWO:
      Jewish Singles Party in New Jersey 7:30 P.M.SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH,
      2003 c.e.
      at 7:30 P.M. sharp! At Manhattan Kosher
      Restaurant which is
      located at 26B Chestnut Ridge Road,
      Montvale, New Jersey
      telephone number: (201)307-8707 in the Chestnut Ridge Shopping Center.
      Please be Jewish, single, 21-59. As
      always we never charge
      a fee for our events. Just pay for
      what you order plus tax and tip.
      Just ask the waiters or waitresses
      where the singles table(s)
      are/is This is a small restaurant
      but be prepared to have a big meal if
      you are hungry. This is a
      non-smoking restaurant. Please honor
      our age requirements. IF YOU ARE
      OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS Take the Garden State
      Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at the light at the exit then
      make
      a left at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge Road
      then go about half a mile then make a right into the Chestnut Ridge
      Shopping Center on your right. IF YOU GET LOST PLEASE CALL THE
      RESTAURANT at (201)307-8707 Although this restaurant is called
      Manhattan restaurant it is definitely in New Jersey, not in New York.
      (This is a Kosher restaurant under Orthodox supervision of ordained
      Yeshiva Torah V'daath Beth Medrash Elyon, Monsey, Rabbi Israel
      Steinberg (718) 232-4275 1823 53rd Street Brooklyn, NY, 11204 whose
      Kosher certificates along with those from the State of New Jersey
      hang
      in the restaurant window.Please note that our group is neither a
      Reform, nor a Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a
      Jewish Singles group. We provide the information as garnered from the
      restaurants we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at
      each
      restaurant. We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants.)
      This is a Kosher Jewish restaurant serving traditional Jewish American
      food. Although it is NOT a vegetarian restaurant vegetable cutlets,
      Kasha Varnishkes, salads, Kasha knishes, spinach and broccoli
      knishes, a small salad bar, desserts,etc. are available for those
      who happen to be vegetarian. Please honor our age requirements. IF
      YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21
      PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS- We're really serious about our age range
      ! Absolutely! Positively! Reservations are NOT required. Please save
      the date! SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2003. At 7:30 P.M.
      This is your chance to get away from your computer! To come out to
      the real world!
      the restaurant is moderately priced and the food is good. We hope to
      see you there. Reservations are NOT required. You do not have to be a
      member in order to attend. Should you decide to become a member
      remember that membership is free! We are really strict about our age
      limits. If you are under 21 or over 59 please do not attend our
      events. Thank You. p.s. a special request to help make our events
      even
      more successful! Please invite every Jewish single friend you have
      who
      is between 21 and 59 by forwarding this to them Thanks very much.
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      NJ JEWISH SINGLES NETWORK seeks to bring Jewish Singles who are over
      21 and under 60 in New Jersey together via the net and in real life.
      We hope that members will share information about themselves and about
      events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to have a house party, a
      movies and dinner group, or other activity let us share that
      information too.
      Let us all get together on the net and in real life. Please pass
      along this information to everyone you know thanks
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59
      Subscribe:
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE GROUP OR THE
      EVENT INSTEAD PLEASE POST YOUR QUERIES AT THE GROUP THANKS Please
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      IF YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO
      NOT ATTEND THANKS. This is a non-smoking restaurant! Just ask the
      waitresses or
      waiters for the singles table(s).